It’s 4am, and you have yet to sleep. You woke up at 7am two days before. You are the sole Spanish diplomat to Napoleons army, discussing peace.

What do you do?

• Total voters

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
Napoleon wants to put his brother on Spain’s throne, you have been working to try and stop that. You are essentially locked in the negotiation room. If you try to sleep in there you will be promptly woken up. If you leave, it signifies that discussion have broken down, and Napoleon will continue. So, if you leave to fall asleep, they win, and if you stay awake, no one knows what happens. You brought a pen, a revolver, a cane, a letter from the royals, a hat, and the clothes on your back. The revolver was confiscated at the entrance to the room.

(Disclaimer, this is not an accurate portrayal of history)

paradigmfriday

Hah! Unluckily for them, I was ten wasp nests in a human suit all along. I scatter and sting all my captors to death. Building nests along the way to increase the scale of the swarm. By the time the French forces know what to do and have begun moving against mother Spain, the swarm is too vast and I've already overpowered the whole country. The Queen of Spain makes a lord within our new vassal territory....I was...I was gonna say just kidding and say something boring about using my wits and diplomatic know-how to try and at least pretend to continue negotiations while intermittently stabbing myself with the pen so that I'd eventually collapse and the negotiations could then be paused due to medical emergency...but well, I like my joke answer more. All hail the Insectoid/Zerg Spanish Empire. Long may we rule!

Viator

Wandering Moon that conceals the tide
Depends highly on what is present in the letter to the royals. That is your most important diplomatic piece of power. If you have a pen and a cane, you could try to somehow pen something in that letter to give you advantage (or let you sleep) but that depends highly on a number of different factors. Whether or not you can forge something convincingly, and whether or not you can even attempt to do so without attracting attention. You can utilize the letter itself (depending on what it says) But that letter represents the power of the monarchy. The sole reason why anyone listens to a diplomat. Use it. (And maybe the cane and hat for misdirection.)

LordJoyde

Since I'm not Spanish nor do I speak their language, I'd just ignore everything and go to my country of origin. Its not like its my purpose in life to change fate and even if it is, that is not my choice.

irei1as

I'm from Spain and I'm conflicted. Will I cease existing if that me changes history?
Well, I have no idea of real diplomacy so I think I'll just try to add as many height puns within the talk and let it go. I'm probably dead anyway.

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
the most important item
Of course! What are you going to do if the French diplomat try’s to mock you, for your hatlessness?
(And maybe the cane and hat for misdirection.)
You mean like this?
1631916999627.jpeg

Last edited:

Fastus

I'll just politely ask them if we could take a break and resume the next day. I'm sure they would understand after seeing my bloodshot eyes that maybe a break was in order, before something else broke.

Anyway, had it been me, I would have never gone alone.