It took me a long time of try and error, but...

SailusGebel

Ok, lets just say it's really popular then? To have an idea for myself, i just checked all time top 50 novels, 35 of em are smut harem lol. And even for the monthly recent list, 27 out of 50. So not exactly smuthub, but certainly quite popular on that front. Personally can't say i see the appeal, it just seems boring to me for a novel to have too many sex scenes, but eh, people vote with their interactions i suppose.
To have and idea you can check corty's thread. https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/smuthub-real-or-not.15008/
If you think corty is wrong, you can make a thread of your own and spend your time gathering stats. Using the methodology that you think is fair.

Also, I don't think Alice ever denied that smut or harem are popular here. If I remember everything correctly she didn't agree that the only way to get popular is to write smut\harem.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Ok, lets just say it's really popular then? To have an idea for myself, i just checked all time top 50 novels, 35 of em are smut harem lol. And even for the monthly recent list, 27 out of 50. So not exactly smuthub, but certainly quite popular on that front. Personally can't say i see the appeal, it just seems boring to me for a novel to have too many sex scenes, but eh, people vote with their interactions i suppose.
21/50 are Smut for top 50 of all time you mean.

I just counted. I dunno where you took the 35 from. Did you for some reason count all harem novels as if they were smut for some reason? Harem just means multiple love interests. That has nothing to do with smut by default (both genres can be used together though).

And I don't disagree that smut is popular, I disagree with the notion of it being the core main way of being popular in Scribblehub.

The main popular way of getting popular here is by writing Action and/or Adventure. Those are the most popular genres.

But for some reason people overfocus on smut instead when it's not nearly as popular as the actual big genres of Scribblehub... And that annoys me.
To have and idea you can check corty's thread. https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/smuthub-real-or-not.15008/
If you think corty is wrong, you can make a thread of your own and spend your time gathering stats. Using the methodology that you think is fair.

Also, I don't think Alice ever denied that smut or harem are popular here. If I remember everything correctly she didn't agree that the only way to get popular is to write smut\harem.
So yeah, basically this.

N0xiety

I just counted. I dunno where you took the 35 from.

I have read quite a few of those top popular novels, and i found some have quite a lot of dedicated sex chapters, and yet not tagged as smut, so i counted the ones i know of too. Maybe i shouldn't have thrown some of them in with the bunch as the idea of smut these days seem to require the novel to be completely built upon sex or something? Like sex system or cultivation novels etc.?

Idk, but it's true that a lot of popular novels have quite a few such dedicated sex chapters in them with detailed depictions, some to the point of having em every dozen or so chapters, even if not really marked as smut, as the smut tag can also be seen as a negative for a good portion of readers. Such authors seem to be trying to skirt around in a middle ground for attracting both the smut crowd and the other half who would rather just have a good story, but can still tolerate having a number of dedicated sex chapters in the novel so long as it doesn't detract from the plot too much.

Last edited: