Just my personal art stash.

• Thread starter Deleted member 29316
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29316

Well, aside from writing, I'm also doing some illustrations to accompany my works...

Like for example, this illustration of Madelaine Ann Rubinforth in her Saint's dress. It's something like an extra illustration for my novels about her. By the way, I combined traditional (pen and paper) and digital (graphic pen tablet) in this illustration.
Saint Madelaine (100 px).jpg

D

Deleted member 29316

And I also do comics/manga, like this cover for my story, 'Paulina Rex'...

It's 'almost' purely done in traditional style, using watercolor, graphic drawing pens, your generic colored pens in the bookstore, and tweaked the colors (for it's too saturated) in Photoshop, producing this effect...

Volume 1 Cover (No Text-Web).jpg

D

Deleted member 29316

By the way, if you're interested, their uniforms were based on the Army uniforms of the First Philippine Republic (1899-1901), only in the modern setting.
Volume 2 Cover (No Text-Web).jpg

D

Deleted member 29316

Her background was a real location in the Philippines called the EDSA Shrine, site of the First People Power Revolt of 1986. It is now a church with a gigantic statue of Mary atop of it.
Volume 3 Cover (No Text-Web).jpg

D

Deleted member 29316

I mostly work combining traditional pencil and paper art with digital art...
Poster 4 (100 px).jpg

D

Deleted member 29316

By the way, 'Maria Clara' is a character from our national hero's (Jose Rizal) novel, 'Noli Me Tangere' or 'Don't Touch Me'. She is the epitome of the traditional Filipino woman.

Modern Maria Clara (Web).jpg

D

Deleted member 29316

Do I make comic/manga pages? Yes, but it's not colored, nor screentoned. I prefer to shade the pages, since it's cost- and time- effective for me, than digital toning.

Page 52.jpg

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
Poggers. Really like your style. The last 2 look lit, but the saintess is nice too. And well, I'm all in for the military stuff, no matter the era or purpose.

D

Deleted member 29316

Poggers. Really like your style. The last 2 look lit, but the saintess is nice too. And well, I'm all in for the military stuff, no matter the era or purpose.

Thanks for that. I actually wanted to give my colored artworks that 'painting' style, and the uncolored ones the 'screentone' effect without using screentones. I'm weak in using graphic pen tablets...

D

Deleted member 29316

Oh, and I use color pencils whenever I'm in the process of designing characters...like the Beastman Saint, Ruro of the Wolf, from my novel, The Human Saint is Bored...

0)  Ruro (Web).jpg

Saileri

With how plentiful the usual digital style arts are, something like this is nice and refreshing. And has its own charm. Like the cover you have in your signature.

Damn, and you just had to hit me with a beastkin while I was writing this reply... You are covering all my faves :blob_hide:

D

Deleted member 29316

With how plentiful the usual digital style arts are, something like this is nice and refreshing. And has its own charm. Like the cover you have in your signature.

Damn, and you just had to hit me with a beastkin while I was writing this reply... You are covering all my faves :blob_hide:

Beastkin you say? Well, she's a character for the upcoming second arc of my Saint Series novels. I scanned my character design of her using a Brother 3-in-1 scanner, for I'm using a folio-sized paper whenever I'm doing traditional artwork.

Kashca Telis of the Fox tribe.

1)  Telis (Web).jpg

Saileri

Fuck me, that looks so good. I love her. And fox/wolfgirls are my utmost fav. Bookmarked just for that. Gonna check it sometime later. I want to somehow finish the chapter I'm writing :blob_dizzy:

D

Deleted member 29316

Well for the other members of the Beastkin (Or Beastmen) in my novels...here they are...

She's Ursura of the West Ursus (Bear) tribe. A former mercenary and outcast.
2)  Ursura (Web).jpg

D

Deleted member 29316

And I got short-haired beast-girl with eyeglass too!

Konka of the Insetus (Flyers) tribe. She prizes knowledge over physical prowess, that's why she's seen as a weird one among her people.

4)  Konka (Web).jpg

D

Deleted member 29316

I also do black-and-white illustrations...

Like this one...Altansarnai Sukh of the 1st Squad, 74th Special Operations Coy 'Trojan March' from my other unreleased story, 'Trojans'.

5)  ALTANSARNAI Sukh.jpg

D

Deleted member 29316

And for the final upload for this time, I'm also doing logos for world-building of my stories. I use Photoshop for it, instead of Illustrator (I'm self-taught in digital arts, so I'm pretty clueless about other apps).

This is the unit insignia of one of the air force units (207th Air Wing) from my story 'Paulina Rex'. Agila means 'eagle' in Filipino, and it's our national bird.

207th Air Wing 'Agila'.jpg

D

Deleted member 29316