Keep writing! Just keep writing!

doravg

105/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
You have a story to tell, but drop your story after the fifth chapter? Why? Finishing a story can bring you closure. Don't do such harmful actions as abandoning your story and getting out of the writing zone. Complete the story, share it with others, then write the next story. Full Pulp speed ahead!

And you will see, along the way, that you have done more than finishing a story. You have given yourself cheap therapy and something to read, in a couple of months, when you have forgotten all the details of your story.

Don't give up, write that ending! (Then write another 1,000 endings.) =) :blob_cookie: :blob_cookie: :blob_cookie:

Lorelliad

creating magic in a magic-less world 🪄
I ain't planning on dropping my current one until the end :blobreading:

ACertainPassingUser

Just write conclusive end for every chapter, instead of relying on cliffhanger or unsolved story.

With conclusive end, any chapter has its own ending, and the next chapter can be brought with new theme, background, or even other perspective.

Bobple

One of the reasons it took me so long to start posting was that I didn't want leave a story unfinished. Finally started though, so I may reach my first ending one day.

ArchlordZero

Stage 4 Cancer Shitposter
I think you are only allowed to drop writing a novel and at least mark it completed once it reached over 50 chapters or around 50k words, and then at least resolve one of the issues (Like a big revelation about the secrets, MC and love interest going into a relationship, or kill one of the mini-boss) then end it with a cliffhanger that will hype your readers for more. Who knows, maybe that hype would reignite your passion for writing that novel and going back to it again.

50 chaps/50k+ words seem to be the length of paperback light novels, so it will still count as one book even if the ending is half-assed.

Last edited:

Chronokeeper2020

You have a story to tell, but drop your story after the fifth chapter? Why? Finishing a story can bring you closure. Don't do such harmful actions as abandoning your story and getting out of the writing zone. Complete the story, share it with others, then write the next story. Full Pulp speed ahead!

And you will see, along the way, that you have done more than finishing a story. You have given yourself cheap therapy and something to read, in a couple of months, when you have forgotten all the details of your story.

Don't give up, write that ending! (Then write another 1,000 endings.) =) :blob_cookie: :blob_cookie: :blob_cookie:
I understand the deep meaning behind such lines, I have also written 1 story that I dropped of due to not getting any views and kept in my heart for a couple of months and still feel maybe I should give that story a nice ending but I had always procrastinated on that but I will do it after I give tomorrow's exam, I plan to end that story in 3 months max with a proper story and ending.
Then I will start a new Story.

Rhaps

Xenophobia Incarnate
Writing is my form of procrastination, I don't want to study for school

D

Deleted member 54065

As someone who's trying to be consistent and is actively writing to end his story, self-discipline and perseverance are important. The days will come when you feel like what you're doing is pointless, but if you change the way you look at your works, then it's possible to write 'till the end.

(I'm currently writing my 16th volume as of the moment, by the way.)

ACertainPassingUser

So what you're saying is I can drop my novel after six chapters? Sweet!
But each chapter should contain 17,000 word instead, so that the entire short 6 chapter story would contain at least 100,000 words.

But I expect some naughty author would just split the chapter by 17 part, so that each chapter only contain 1000 word.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
But... I have other stories I'm working on.

BlackKnightX

Know what? Being a perfectionist can come in handy sometimes, as it makes everything I do more refined and polished and with less mistakes, but it can also weaken my resolve and send me spiralling into the abyss of chaos called procrastination real fast. This shit ain't easy, believe me. It's not just about start doing it and then a smooth ride.

With that said, though. I wish all of you procrastinators out there the resolve to start your project again. Get going, man. You can do it! No. WE can do it! Wait until I finish watching this shit on TikTok and let's start together~!