Least Disruptive way to re-arrange chapters?

Freesia.Cutepearl

Nonsensically Weird while Weirdly Nonsensical
Hi.

So, to try and be brief.

I wrote the buildup to a party scene from Lilith's perspective and then cut to the perspective of a new character at said "party", named Lilac.

Lilac's perspective was written as if it was a journal entry about the events, that she was writing 3 days in the future. It only talked about the events of Lilith's present though, no real time skip.

I got feedback that it was really jarring and it would have been better to cover Lilith's version of events first, then switch to Lilac's after.

I am not familiar with how re-ordering chapters works and I have seen talk of an anti-cheat system and what not, so I want to figure out the least disruptive way to handle fixing this.

I would like to write out the two chapters it'll take from Lilith's perspective, then the 2nd chapter of Lilac's, and ideally, move the current chapter 13, which is Lilac's first chapter, to be after the two about Lilith.

So what is now:
(12) Buildup from Lilith
(13) Party Scene from Lilac

Would ultimately become:
(12) Buildup from Lilith
(13) Party Scene from Lilith
(14) After Party Scene from Lilith
(15) Party Scene from Lilac
(16) After Party Scene from Lilac

What would be the least disruptive way to accomplish this, regarding anti cheat and how the posting system works?
I mainly just don't want my update to be hidden, even if I only get one when I finish all this shuffling.

Thank you.
Menhera-chan_bow-pray-thank_stars.png

UYScuti

Helium Fuser
(12) Buildup from Lilith
(13) Party Scene from Lilith
(14) Party Scene from Lilac
(15) After Party Scene from Lilith
(16) After Party Scene from Lilac

That’s the logical order.

But you have to ask, does seeing through Lilacs perspective offer anything of value? You’re essentially covering the same event twice, so is there anything important gained by doing that? Is it possible to show everything about that event necessary to progress the story by using one perspective? If you can accomplish everything from one perspective, I wouldn’t re-hash everything again. If you can’t, then I would go with the order above.

Freesia.Cutepearl

The basic idea is, Lilith is viewing herself one way, and up till now she's been very stuck in her own head, so the entire view of her is skewed with her own bias, low self-confidence, overthinking, yet easily distracted nature.

Lilac on the other hand is the first real outside perspective on Lilith, and at this "party" Lilith is trying really hard to put on an 'act' that slowly falls apart over time. But Lilac is more interested in Lilith's abilities from an academic perspective but is also being influenced by uh, to phrase it simply, Lilith's succubus power, causing her to become more infatuated and skewed as well, so Lilac almost totally focuses on Lilith, as well as talking about magic stuff from the perspective of someone who knows about the world.

Whereas Lilith is going to be focusing on her own struggles as well as the surroundings as she's very anxious, riding by the seat of her pants, and afraid things are going to go south any moment. Lilith doesn't even really fully understand what she's doing with her powers and is entirely clueless about the world.

Ryudo1701

Well, there are always authors that make small changes to their chapters afterwards if they are unhappy with how they are (myself included).
If you want to change it just do so. You can write an author note to explain the changes for those that already read them, and those that didn't yet won't even know what's different afterwards. And if they already hinted that they are confused by it they will probably accept that change, maybe even re-read that whole passage.

Though I would probably make the order like UYScuti said, as it seems more correct timeline-wise. But that is better for yourself to decide, as you know your story the best.

But in the ends it's your story and you should do what you think is best for it! If you like it this way than it should stay so.

Freesia.Cutepearl

Well, there are always authors that make small changes to their chapters afterwards if they are unhappy with how they are (myself included).
Though I would probably make the order like UYScuti said, as it seems more correct timeline-wise. But that is better for yourself to decide, as you know your story the best.

But in the ends it's your story and you should do what you think is best for it! If you like it this way than it should stay so.
I have a decent idea of what I want to try, I'm mostly just concerned about the technicalities of ScribbleHub's systems.
I don't want to get flagged by the anti-cheat system, for example. I'm unsure how any of that really works and what's a safe way to do things.

Thanks for the replies.

Ryudo1701

I already change a part and there hasn't been any reaction from Tony or others. So as long as you don't change your story into something entirely different it should be okay.

Plus, there's already a function in the create tab with which you can change the order, so if there was any problem with doing so it wouldn't exist.

Just keep on writing, 'cause the saddest stories are those that never see an ending!

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
What would be the least disruptive way to accomplish this, regarding anti cheat and how the posting system works?
The anti-cheat system only makes it so that a recently released chapter of yours doesn't show up in the latest chapters released page. It gets shunted down automatically.
The reason for this is because, in the past, some authors abused the rearranging of chapters so their chapter would end up at the top of the latest chapters released page.
As long as it's been a few days since you released any chaps, it doesn't really affect anything to rearrange them to better suit your story's flow.

X

Freesia.Cutepearl

As long as it's been a few days since you released any chaps, it doesn't really affect anything to rearrange them to better suit your story's flow.
Ah thankies!
AW2606235_04.gif

So it seems like, maybe the best idea, is to write Lilith's view of the party, publish that, then a day later, swap them around?
So that the next day or two later I can post another chapter with no fuss?

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Ah thankies!
View attachment 4874

So it seems like, maybe the best idea, is to write Lilith's view of the party, publish that, then a day later, swap them around?
So that the next day or two later I can post another chapter with no fuss?
Yeah.
At least, that's what I've picked up on from seeing other authors posting about this kind of thing.
Still best to double-check with other people, though.

X