Writing Prompt Life isn't fair :D

CheertheSecond

The second coming of CheertheDead
Setting:
Kallun hated the villainess in the novel he read. Almost every achievement she got was due to her abnormal luck from having a pretty face that allowed her to be adopted by a wealthy family, to stumbling upon a precious herb that boosts the magic power of whoever eats it, to discovering the key suspect of a conspiracy by chance, to recovering a treasured sword, to meeting good people that cured her insufferable personalities into a more charming and respectable person, and a lot more. Thanks to those that she was able to be a villainess that causes so much trouble for the protagonist up until the very last arc. Without her lucky encounters, she was just an arrogant piece of sh*t.

Hence, the first thing he did after transmigrating into the novel was exploiting all the opportunities that the villainess would have in the future.

After 10 years in the novel world, the villainess was, therefore, reduced to a homeless beggar who would gladly sell herself for a piece of old bread.

Kallun met the sorry state of the villainess while walking on the street. She was frail, malnourished, and barely awake. She sat, leaning her back again the wall of the slum. The tattered and dirty clothes were the only thing of value on her. Kallun was very happy. He had punished the villainess. Well, technically, with his interference to the novel, she had never done anything to anyone. However, he knew the future else he wouldn't be able to steal all of her fortunes. Since he knew the future, the future must have happened. Therefore, she was a sinner, he thought.

Luckily, Kallun was no monster. He would open a life path for the villainess.

"Hey! Hey!"
"Uhm." She woke up. "You called me, sir?" She answered weakly.
"Do you want money?"
"Yes, sir."
"So what's your price?"
"Anything, sir."

He threw a stack of bank notes from his wallet onto the pavement in front of her.

"Thank you, sir."
"Take it and follow me. I own you from now on... You think I paid too cheaply?"
"I-"
"Do you think your life worth more?"
"I-" Her eyes turned red.
"You should be happy that there was someone who wants to own you. From now on, you work for me. You get a roof above your head and meals to eat everyday. I don't see why you need to be upset."
"...Yes, sir."
"Good. Then stand up and walk. You just need to know that as long as you are hard-working. I wouldn't throw you out."

The first step was successful for Kallun. Now he would turn the villainess into someone who actually contribute something to society (working for him, the greatest heir of one of the largest companies in the city is surely a contribution to society) instead of eating its goodwill. Well, he might not pay her but he wouldn't let her go hungry as long as she was diligent with her duty.

Prompt: Kallun will train her into his servant. Write something about when she completed her training and begun dedicating her life to her master/saviour.

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
"Villaine, I want you to meet your new master."
A blonde woman with blue eyes walked through the doorway. Each and every of her movement was filled with grace and gentleness. Even to a lowly slave like Villaine, she expressed pity and concern.
"You poor thing, have he been mistreating you?"
Villaine understood her assignment right away. "No. M-Master treats me well! T-Thank you anyways for asking, miss...."
"Herinoe. Herinoe Goodlooking."
Kallun stepped into the conversation. "Miss Herinoe here will be your new master."
"M-Master? But.... But—!"
"The decision is final. Go now."
As Villaine scurried away after Herinoe, Kallun sighed and plopped down on his chair. He took out the notebook he hid in a hidden compartment in his drawer and grinned.
"If there's no Yuri route, I'll make one myself."

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Mmmmmmm... Tbh, this prompt feels kinda weird. Why would she be a villainess if she met good people who "cured" her insufferable personality? Why would she still cause trouble to the heroine if she doesn't have a bad personality anymore?

And why would she not get adopted by a wealthy family due to Kallum's interference if what got her adopted was simply a pretty face? And why would he become a beggar if not adopted instead of like... Well, anything else? She'd have a whole life to try finding a way to make a living as a commoner if she was never adopted...

And like... Why would he just think of her as arrogant if like... By the end of the novel she wouldn't be arrogant anymore? And she probably wasn't arrogant before being adopted either? Isn't it like... She was too spoiled after being adopted which led to her being arrogant? But then meeting good people made her revisit her views and stop being arrogant? Feels like more of a thing of the environment than something related to the character, so why would Kallum dislike her for that?

And honestly, he deciding to buy her as a slave instead of hiring her as a maid feels uhn... Like he is the actual asshole there?

The entire prompt feels kinda weird tbh, but... Well, let's see what I can do.
-------------------------------
It was the end of another long day. I had worked hard today too. Master's bedroom was thoroughly cleaned, the bath was properly prepared, the clothes were properly washed... Nothing went unusually...

Another long day gone... I flopped down tiredly onto my bed.

"Hey, did you ever think of fleeing?" My maid roommate asked me.

"Fleeing? Not really..." I answered honestly.

"But master doesn't own you legally. You could try working on another noble's house, you know? You don't need to be a slave forever." She continued.

I really appreciated her worry at times like these... She didn't need to care for a slave like me, yet she became close to me anyways... Having friends was surely nice.

"Ah, yeah... But it's too risky, isn't it? If I got no job, I might go back to being a beggar on the streets... At least master doesn't mistreat me, so it's not that bad." I explained.

I really didn't want to go back to the streets... Living on a mansion like this was better.

"Yeah, but for how long? You sure master will keep you here after you get older and can't work as well as you can right now?" She... Had a point.

"... It's not like I never worried about being thrown out, but... What then? What do I do after getting out? I just... Can't imagine things working out..." I sighed... I was tired... I needed to sleep. I had to wake up early tomorrow to prepare master's breakfast.

"Mmmmmmmm... I guess it is too risky... I wish I could offer you a home to stay at, but my parents can't afford angering a noble...
"Well... Maybe you could try getting married?" She suggested.

"Married?" To whom? Master? No way. Not with the disdain he has for me. He'd never even consider it.

"Yeah, married! Master has guests often, you know? If you could seduce one of the nobles that often visit, you could get one of them to marry you, then you'd be free.
"Even if one of them took you in as a comcubine, you'd still be better off than as a slave." Oh... Alright, that does make a lot more sense.

"Uhn... If I were to become a comcubine, wouldn't I be thrown away once I became old and ugly anyways though?" This doesn't change my future prospects much...

"Of course not! Your lover would just stop sleeping with you, but he wouldn't throw you away! That's seriously looked down upon, girl! And even if he did, you'd still have a ton of money and jewels to live an easy life afterwards! Do you have any idea of how much money noble men give to comcubines!? No way you'd be in trouble after that!
"Besides, why are you already thinking of the worst!? Aim for marriage, girl! Not comcubine!" She encouraged me.

"Well... I don't think it's realistic to expect a noble to marry a commoner...
"... Nor do I think it's very realistic to assume I'd be able to get the attention of one of master's guests... You know how he always gives me extra work whenever a guest is here. I can barely sleep when master has visitors..." I grumbled... I really hated guests just for that alone.

Ah, I really need sleep... It's hard to keep my eyes open...

"I guess he knows how pretty you are... He wouldn't want any of his guests to fall for you and make him lose you..." She sighed, "Goodness, why did you have to be so unlucky? If it was any noble other than master, you'd probably be living a happy life as a maid with good wages and a stable future ahead of you."

"Well... You can think I was unlucky for being found by master, or lucky that I was found by a noble at all... This is still better than the streets, you know?" And well... I also still have the money he gave me when he bought me... It should be enough to live for a few weeks after he inevitably throws me out.

She sighed again, "I dunno if you're optimistic or pessimistic..."

I giggled, "Maybe I'm just realist."

She giggled too, "Maybe...
"Well, I'll try finding you an opportunity. If I can convince a guest to 'accidentally' explore the mansion and 'accidentally' go to whatever room you're cleaning at the time, maybe things can get better for you."

I could hardly believe my ears, "Y-you do know that master would find that out, don't you? Don't you realize how dangerous that is?"

"Hey... We're friends, right? And I'm not a slave. Noble or not, master can't stop me from giving a nice suggestion to one of his guests." She grinned.

"You... You're crazy.
"... But you're also the best friend ever... Thank you." I could feel tears getting to my eyes.

"Don't mention it." She got up from her bed, came next to me, and hugged me, "I just want you to be happy, girl. You deserve better than this."

I hugged her back. The tears were flowing freely from my eyes, "T... Thank you..."

We stayed silent for a few seconds like that.

"... We should probably sleep. We need to wake up early tomorrow." She let go of the hug and sighed.

Right... We do...

Another day... Another day... Keep going one day at a time...

I closed my eyes, "Good night."

"Good night." My friend wished me back.

My consciousness was quickly losing me...

Thank you, master. Thank you for everything... But please set me free... Please let me live...

Once more, I prayed for this before sleeping... Perhaps this time my prayers would be answered.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
Setting:
Kallun hated the villainess in the novel he read. Almost every achievement she got was due to her abnormal luck from having a pretty face that allowed her to be adopted by a wealthy family, to stumbling upon a precious herb that boosts the magic power of whoever eats it, to discovering the key suspect of a conspiracy by chance, to recovering a treasured sword, to meeting good people that cured her insufferable personalities into a more charming and respectable person, and a lot more. Thanks to those that she was able to be a villainess that causes so much trouble for the protagonist up until the very last arc. Without her lucky encounters, she was just an arrogant piece of sh*t.

Hence, the first thing he did after transmigrating into the novel was exploiting all the opportunities that the villainess would have in the future.

After 10 years in the novel world, the villainess was, therefore, reduced to a homeless beggar who would gladly sell herself for a piece of old bread.

Kallun met the sorry state of the villainess while walking on the street. She was frail, malnourished, and barely awake. She sat, leaning her back again the wall of the slum. The tattered and dirty clothes were the only thing of value on her. Kallun was very happy. He had punished the villainess. Well, technically, with his interference to the novel, she had never done anything to anyone. However, he knew the future else he wouldn't be able to steal all of her fortunes. Since he knew the future, the future must have happened. Therefore, she was a sinner, he thought.

"Hey! Hey!"
"Do you want money?"
"Yes, sir."
"So what's your price?"
"Anything, sir."

He threw a stack of bank notes from his wallet onto the pavement in front of her.

"Thank you, sir."
"I-"
"You should be happy that there was someone who wants to own you. From now on, you work for me. You get a roof above your head and meals to eat everyday. I don't see why you need to be upset."
"...Yes, sir."
"Good. Then stand up and walk. You just need to know that as long as you are hard-working. I wouldn't throw you out."

The first step was successful for Kallun. Now he would turn the villainess into someone who actually contribute something to society (working for him, the greatest heir of one of the largest companies in the city is surely a contribution to society) instead of eating its goodwill. Well, he might not pay her but he wouldn't let her go hungry as long as she was diligent with her duty.

Prompt: Kallun will train her into his servant. Write something about when she completed her training and begun dedicating her life to her master/saviour.
Kallun had long treated her as a worthless sinner, irredeemable for the acts she had never created, and rubbing in the fortunes he had taken from her, but she had never had grabbed. She took the training along with the bitter pill of hate and mockery he forcefed to her every day. She knew hardship, and couldn't afford to relinquish the opportunity, no matter how it was a gilded cage.
She yearned to break free, but the same fortunes that he taunted her with gave him unrivaled strength. Slowly, but surely, it wore on her. The enchantment on her leg became the object that she focused her pain on, the skin brutally scratched away by an obsessive tic. She was forced to fulfil his pleasures, for his sense of morality had long replaced by the heady sense of power over he had over her. Yet her ability to desire human touch had fled her years ago. Everything could be taken away at one of his whims, making her mind brittle and prone to looping in painful circles.
There was no escape.
Except through death.
To Kallun's everlasting satisfaction, he saw the villainess dangling from the rope she hung herself within. He roared with laughter at the irony, that she killed herself in such a tormenting way. 'It was everything she deserved,' he thought to himself.
He went about his day, humming a merry tune.

The true monster never received punishment.

Kamelingil

Multiversal Author
Setting:

"Hey! Hey!"
"Do you want money?"
"Yes, sir."
"So what's your price?"
"Anything, sir."

"Thank you, sir."
"I-"
"...Yes, sir."

I'm tired of this kind of story, I wish the girl would just pulled out a machinegun with magic and annihilate all of them

Cortavar

I'm tired of this kind of story, I wish the girl would just pulled out a machinegun with magic and annihilate all of them

How about this:

Kallun was worried. He shouldn't be worried, he'd done all he could to stop Belladonna's rise to power and teach her both the hard lessons of life and the more personal lessons on how to serve his every needs.

Now Bella stood as his slave, a well-trained servant, obeying any of his whims, and life should have been fantastic for him. All should have been fine, except for the accumulation of small details that he had overlooked all along Bella's training.

He had found with ease perfect tutors to train her in the maidly arts, each of them available for cheap due to special circumstances in their own lives. As such, Bella had turned into a surprisingly capable student, such that he wondered how much more knowledge her tutors had imparted her.

She'd been a dedicated slave, always accomplishing her duties with hard work and cheerfulness. Anytime he'd try to punish her too hard, someone would disturb him with pressing matters he'd have to deal with immediately. He hadn't even been able to abuse her body, the circumstances never feeling right, or another matter interrupting him while he was about too.

Sure, life as a powerful noble had always been an involved matter even before he acquired her, but in the years she'd spent at his service, he'd barely had time to breathe while he was in her presence.

As another crisis threatened his position in the kingdom, a creeping dread set upon him. What if that perfect luck that he'd hated so much was still in effect, playing in full force against his revenge? He could no more steal her circumstances, because he had long passed the part where future changed.

And then he realized that he had to act now, to get rid of her or he would succumb to her luck. Sure, she was docile and well-trained, but he linked all the misadventures that had recently happened to him to her luck protecting her. He needed to kill her, to get rid of that threat once and for all.

As he'd made that decision, he was extra careful on his way to the maids quarters. That loose stone on the stairs, that chandelier which fall he barely managed to avoid, everything was trying to kill him, now that he'd decided her death. Another effect of her damned luck.

But he wouldn't fail. He would get rid of her, and the threat she posed both for him and the kingdom. He'd managed to avoid the various threats that fate had thrown his way, and she finally stood before him, in her chambers, unarmed to face both his sword and his wrath.

"Ma... master? Are you in danger? Why are you armed? What can I do to help you?"
"You can die, wretched woman, it's all about you! You are the one bringing bad luck to my house, and this ends tonight!"
"I... I don't understand, master, I've been a really good slave, please don't hurt me!"
"Too late!" yelled Kalun, raising his sword.

"Too late indeed!" Answered a chilling voice coming from the shadow of a curtain by the window.
"What? Who are you?" Kallun blabbered, dumbfounded enough by the existence of that voice to halt his strike and take a guarding position facing the curtains.
"Someone sent by some influencial people to end your life. I had planned to infiltrate the castle through the servant's quarters, but Lady Luck must be smiling on me today, because here you are, in the flesh and poisoned blood."
"Poisoned?" Kallun doubted, but then a quick internal focus helped him feel the truth. He felt feeble, his arms refusing to answer his commands, even his magic fickle and erratic.
"Oh, yes, a remarkable compound poison, that our guild's alchemist apprentice discovered by mixing random substances. Shame I couldn't find what happened to the girl after that incident. She looked a bit like you, if you were underfed." The assassin said, the last sentence addressed to Bella.

Kallun's forces were fading, and the last look he'd take from this world would be the happy reunion of his nemesis and the assassin who always had a crush on her. Damn her luck. Life ain't fair.

Kamelingil

Multiversal Author
How about this:

Kallun was worried. He shouldn't be worried, he'd done all he could to stop Belladonna's rise to power and teach her both the hard lessons of life and the more personal lessons on how to serve his every needs.

Now Bella stood as his slave, a well-trained servant, obeying any of his whims, and life should have been fantastic for him. All should have been fine, except for the accumulation of small details that he had overlooked all along Bella's training.

He had found with ease perfect tutors to train her in the maidly arts, each of them available for cheap due to special circumstances in their own lives. As such, Bella had turned into a surprisingly capable student, such that he wondered how much more knowledge her tutors had imparted her.

She'd been a dedicated slave, always accomplishing her duties with hard work and cheerfulness. Anytime he'd try to punish her too hard, someone would disturb him with pressing matters he'd have to deal with immediately. He hadn't even been able to abuse her body, the circumstances never feeling right, or another matter interrupting him while he was about too.

Sure, life as a powerful noble had always been an involved matter even before he acquired her, but in the years she'd spent at his service, he'd barely had time to breathe while he was in her presence.

As another crisis threatened his position in the kingdom, a creeping dread set upon him. What if that perfect luck that he'd hated so much was still in effect, playing in full force against his revenge? He could no more steal her circumstances, because he had long passed the part where future changed.

And then he realized that he had to act now, to get rid of her or he would succumb to her luck. Sure, she was docile and well-trained, but he linked all the misadventures that had recently happened to him to her luck protecting her. He needed to kill her, to get rid of that threat once and for all.

As he'd made that decision, he was extra careful on his way to the maids quarters. That loose stone on the stairs, that chandelier which fall he barely managed to avoid, everything was trying to kill him, now that he'd decided her death. Another effect of her damned luck.

But he wouldn't fail. He would get rid of her, and the threat she posed both for him and the kingdom. He'd managed to avoid the various threats that fate had thrown his way, and she finally stood before him, in her chambers, unarmed to face both his sword and his wrath.

"Ma... master? Are you in danger? Why are you armed? What can I do to help you?"
"You can die, wretched woman, it's all about you! You are the one bringing bad luck to my house, and this ends tonight!"
"I... I don't understand, master, I've been a really good slave, please don't hurt me!"
"Too late!" yelled Kalun, raising his sword.

"Too late indeed!" Answered a chilling voice coming from the shadow of a curtain by the window.
"What? Who are you?" Kallun blabbered, dumbfounded enough by the existence of that voice to halt his strike and take a guarding position facing the curtains.
"Someone sent by some influencial people to end your life. I had planned to infiltrate the castle through the servant's quarters, but Lady Luck must be smiling on me today, because here you are, in the flesh and poisoned blood."
"Poisoned?" Kallun doubted, but then a quick internal focus helped him feel the truth. He felt feeble, his arms refusing to answer his commands, even his magic fickle and erratic.
"Oh, yes, a remarkable compound poison, that our guild's alchemist apprentice discovered by mixing random substances. Shame I couldn't find what happened to the girl after that incident. She looked a bit like you, if you were underfed." The assassin said, the last sentence addressed to Bella.

Kallun's forces were fading, and the last look he'd take from this world would be the happy reunion of his nemesis and the assassin who always had a crush on her. Damn her luck. Life ain't fair.
I liked your writing, now that's much better

Cortavar

I liked your writing, now that's much better
Thanks!

Though seriously, how dumb do you have to be to mess with someone who has insane luck as a superpower? Even if you bring them to the brink of death, you're just winding up the industrial strength spring of Fate and positioning your face right in front of it!

And as you've seemingly succeeded, you still want to torment the poor girl, who isn't anymore the villainess?

Kallun was all but asking for it.

AliceShiki

Though seriously, how dumb do you have to be to mess with someone who has insane luck as a superpower?
Ah, well, the setting doesn't specify that it is a superpower of sorts? More like she was just lucky as a whole~

I agree that it isn't wise to mess with someone whose luck is supernatural, but... well, Kallun had no way of knowing that she had this kind of superpower, had he!? XD

Cortavar

Ah, well, the setting doesn't specify that it is a superpower of sorts?

Almost every achievement she got was due to her abnormal luck

It kinda did, at least that's how I understood it.

She was incredibly lucky once, why wouldn't she be twice, with the added irony of the person responsible for her "salvation" being the one who stole her fate.

At least that's how I'd play it as a God of Fate, Luck or a related domain.

AliceShiki

It kinda did, at least that's how I understood it.

She was incredibly lucky once, why wouldn't she be twice, with the added irony of the person responsible for her "salvation" being the one who stole her fate.

At least that's how I'd play it as a God of Fate, Luck or a related domain.
Ah, well, I just treated it as her being lucky due to being lucky.

Like... Sometimes people just end up being lucky in life. It happens. I just treated it like that.

I don't think there is anything wrong with treating it as a supernatural luck though! It's a pretty fun way to go about it IMO! ^^)/

I just think it's not a given from the premise. It could simply be that she was lucky because she happened to be lucky. It happens~

Cortavar

Ah, well, I just treated it as her being lucky due to being lucky.

Like... Sometimes people just end up being lucky in life. It happens. I just treated it like that.

I don't think there is anything wrong with treating it as a supernatural luck though! It's a pretty fun way to go about it IMO! ^^)/

I just think it's not a given from the premise. It could simply be that she was lucky because she happened to be lucky. It happens~

Yeah, that's valid as well. The prompt could be read that way.

LowinKeshin

Kathy stared at her reflection.

No more were the makeups, the jewelries, the beautiful dresses nor the vibrancy of her hair. All that was left was the long red hair of his father, a reminder of her once proud lineage. For Catherine had long since fallen.

She gripped her skirt and took a deep breath. At least she had gotten cuter in her maid’s dress, or so her master complimented her. One she heavily doubted. She tried tugging her cheeks with her fingers, but she received a weird smile instead. Disheartened, she turned away from the mirror and picked up her mop and bucket. She still had work to do.

As Kathy cleaned the hallways, she heard footsteps behind her, prompting her to turn around. She saw a man with disheveled black hair and bloodshot eyes with dark skin underneath. His posture arched like he would topple at any moment. Worse, he walked the hallways in his pajama again. Another late night, it seems, most likely a report from his underground organization. How he acquired them, she wasn’t sure.

“Good morning, Master.” Kathy bowed.

“You should smile more often, Kathy.”

Pardon? That came out of nowhere.

“I’ll… do my best, master.”

“That isn’t something you need to work hard for, though.” Master mused, as he placed an arm to his hip and fingers on his chin. His head tilted as his eyes stared up, like answers were written on the ceiling.

His conduct always makes her question his credibility as a noble.

“Apologies.” Kathy clenched her mop’s handle. She wished it was easy to smile for her master.

“I see. Food for thoughts later.” Master resumed his walk. “Prepare my coffee and deserts, especially the coffee.”

“As you wish, master.” Kathy bowed before carrying her cleaning utensils back to the storeroom.

“Pwaaah~ I feel alive again.” Master declared, after sipping some coffee, something he says every day. A more lax demeanor instantly replaced his sickly face.

Master had a strange habit of saying his thoughts aloud whenever she and Master were left alone in a room. She felt a fuzzy feeling from the amount of trust she received from him, though she would prefer him restraining himself, as it was unbecoming for a noble. Also to protect himself, for it was better not to trust anyone, not even herself. Trust was a deadly enemy, one she learned far too late.

“It’s kind of awkward that you always just stand right beside me whenever I eat.”

Kathy felt her heart tighten. “Apologies, Master. I’m taking my leave.” She said, before heading straight for the door, trying not to show her face.

“Oh, come on! Why’d you have to make everything so complicated?”

Kathy jumped to her feet as she heard a screech coming from a chair’s metallic legs scratched on the tiles. Her head turned as she saw Master approaching before grabbing her wrist. “Master?” She asked before she got dragged to his chair.

“Sit.” Master pushed her shoulders, forcing her to sit.

“Master—” a cookie got shoved to her mouth.

She resigned herself to her master’s antics and chewed the cookie. A hint of chocolate hit her tongue. Although she enjoyed sweet treats, chocolate was her least favorite due to its occasional bitterness, and she hated anything bitter. Yet, that bitter tasted good.

“It’s good, right?”

She suppressed the tears welling up in her eyes. Her pride couldn’t allow it, as it was the only thing she had left. One that she recovered slowly. She gave him a slow nod, for she was sure that her voice would crack if she ever spoke up at that moment.

“Ah, my kokoro.” Master declared as he held his left chest. He went to the other chair and sat beside her. “Now finish everything up, as there’s still the Prince’s party to attend, and we can’t afford to miss it. Oh, by the way, I bought you a dress to wear for the party. You can find it in your room.”

He didn’t have to. She was but a mere servant.

“You didn’t have to do this, master.” She said slowly, careful not to crack her voice.

“Nah, coffee is more than enough for me. You can eat the rest.” Master declared before taking a sip.

Master was very strange. But even so, she would always be grateful to him, for he decided to give a lowly vermin like her a chance, a chance to bring some semblance of normalcy back into her life. One for which she would always be grateful for the rest of her life.

She gave him another slow nod as she nibbled at another.

CheertheSecond

The second coming of CheertheDead
Why would she be a villainess if she met good people who "cured" her insufferable personality? Why would she still cause trouble to the heroine if she doesn't have a bad personality anymore?

I don't understand why having a better personalities would mean her goal and the heroine's goal yo be the same to the point that she would refuse to compete with the heroine to get what she wants.

AliceShiki

I don't understand why having a better personalities would mean her goal and the heroine's goal yo be the same to the point that she would refuse to compete with the heroine to get what she wants.
Ah, well, the "villainess" in Otome Game reincarnation is mostly a villainess because she is someone who bullies the heroine and stuff?

Like, there are cases when they're just like... Competing for something in equal terms, but then they are less of a villainess and more of a rival?

I feel like the villainess label is kinda directly associated with the personality? Otherwise they're just like... Well, a character whose goals may not align with the heroine necessarily, but won't be antagonistic either?

That's how it feels to me at least.