Recommendations Looking for a main character that switches between gender

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
I was thinking of doing that with one of my MCs, cause I think maaaybe the reason I dropped that story is because I don't wholly vibe with a Cis Male protag? Anyway, haven't yet, but if I get back into that one I might. There's even a way to make it make sense! The story is "Mythic Monster Typhon" MC basically got isekaied as my own, heavily altered, version of Typhon from Greek Mythology. I had an idea for an Echidna character, but haven't implemented that yet, so I can retool it to be that he changes between Typhon and Echidna.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀

Jemini

Looking for a story with a genderfluid main character.
Thanks.
Rainbow
Err... I actually have enough answers to this question that I need to narrow down your criteria a little bit.

1st question. Are you talking webnovels, or anime/manga?

2nd question. Are you talking a permanent one-way gender change, or a character that switches back and forth several times such as the afore mentioned Ranma 1/2?

I actually have an entire list I can give for 3 out of the 4 possible answer combos on this subject. (Please don't answer webnoves with characters repeatedly changing back and forth. I've got absolutely nothing in that category. EDIT: err... ok, actually, I have exactly 1 answer in that category. It's called "gonna be the twin-tail." It's a magical girl parody in which the evil forces steal little girls' moe attributes, such as glasses, teddy bears, and of course twin tails. It's completely ridiculous. And, the MC is a male magical girl. Yes, you read that right. Male magical girl. Basically, he gender-changes every time he does the magical girl transformation. It also has an anime adaptation.)

Last edited:

TennoRainbow

Thank you, webnovels is what I am looking for ;)
Mangas and animes are not qquite my medium right now.

To the second question I am looking for someone switching, for permanent the gender bend tag on scribblehub is useful enough ;)

Only story I know, a book is every day from David Leviathan. Its intresting although a bit sad.

Hoped more for one of super hero/fantasy/isekai story with a shape shifter genderfluid character but intrested in anything thats halfway respectful (changing gender for sex is not what I mean, looking at the cosmo story although got other problems with that one too)

RedHunter2296

Competitive Professional In Being Ignored
well it's a bit of self-promotion, but my story is just that. A soldier with experience ends up in the body of a girl, but while that's important, it's even more the story of the protagonist's past, which explains little by little how all the nonsense of the present seems to have its roots in the same place. Quite a lot of action, sci-fi and fantasy , my story is about a little bit of everything

I also hate stories that only focus on sex, whether Gender bender or Harem, so my story focuses much more on the wholesome good relationships and the importance of a close-knit family.

Eclectic_Asininity

well it's a bit of self-promotion, but my story is just that. A soldier with experience ends up in the body of a girl, but while that's important, it's even more the story of the protagonist's past, which explains little by little how all the nonsense of the present seems to have its roots in the same place. Quite a lot of action, sci-fi and fantasy , my story is about a little bit of everything

I also hate stories that only focus on sex, whether Gender bender or Harem, so my story focuses much more on the wholesome good relationships and the importance of a close-knit family.
"a bit of"

WaterFish

I’m actually really thankful I found this post. It makes me more confident in my idea of a genderfluid protagonist. The only difference is that I’m building up to that in “Kept Husband’s Splendid Reincarnation” one step at a time.

His thoughts on gender identity and his own place in life is currently growing, and his relationship with his reincarnated family isn’t the standard type.

Jemini

Thank you, webnovels is what I am looking for ;)
Mangas and animes are not qquite my medium right now.

To the second question I am looking for someone switching, for permanent the gender bend tag on scribblehub is useful enough ;)

Only story I know, a book is every day from David Leviathan. Its intresting although a bit sad.

Hoped more for one of super hero/fantasy/isekai story with a shape shifter genderfluid character but intrested in anything thats halfway respectful (changing gender for sex is not what I mean, looking at the cosmo story although got other problems with that one too)
Well, "gonna be the twin-tail" does not have any sexual content in it, but it is very much played up for laughs. Not sure if you'd regard that as "respectful" exactly. However, that's most of what you tend to find with the back-and-forth gender swapping stories. In fact, I'm not aware of a single one with that theme that's not played for laughs, and come to think of it I'm not really sure I'd be very interested in a non-comedy gender swapping story.

Anyway, one other thing to warn about on that one is that it's rather hard to find translated chapters of that series. The anime adaptation is really not bad, and it covers the first three books. Which, incidentally, makes it easier to find those parts of the story through watching the anime than looking around for the translated chapters.

Then again, it was 4 years ago that I was looking. Maybe someone else has jumped on translating it since then and there's more to it now.

EDIT: Err... nope! Novel Updates still doesn't have volumes 3 or 4, or anything beyond the 1st chapter of volume 2. But, for some reason, it DOES have the entirety of volumes 5 and 6.

DarkGodEM

Book Editor
Looking for a story with a genderfluid main character.
Thanks.
Rainbow
I have one e-e

But I'm not actively writing the novel due to poor reception.

I may revive it when I have time tho

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
"Romeo romeo why are you a woman" seems to have something like that in the later chapters

PrincessFelicie

Catgirl Alchemist
Gonna give a +1 to the Romeo Romeo why are you a woman rec, I'm fairly sure the character is intended as genderfluid. I haven't read it myself, but I am friends with the author.