Main protagonist that uses an umbrella

FluffyGura

Preferably female MC but either is fine. Just know that I fell in love with neopolitan from rwby fighting style and now im just fascinated by neo's elegant and michevious fighting style.

Placeholder

Lorelliad

call me Roamer 🎩
Always did love the idea of an umbrella as a weapon. It doesn't get used enough in fiction

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
One of the most underappreciated weapons ever. Even though it has so much potential. It has all the pros a cane has, but with aerial support potential and defensive capabilities included, and it's stylish while at it. Also the combination potential is huge.

Combine it with a gun and you have fortified artilery when spread out, use it as a hidden blade like a sword cane and you get the shield included, even using it as a drill seems possible enough. A rotating umbrella would pretty much be a chainsaw...

Anyway. Watching this thread with interest. I'm thinking of planning a new story since my draft for my first one got waaaay too big for a first project, and an upgradeable umbrella is pretty high on the list of potential weapons for my MC. The more I think of it, the more it sounds way too OP. Sword & Shield, Gun, Aerial transport, Drill, Chainsaw-y Thing used to hack at enemies... aside from the obvious use of being a magical catalyst in the same vein as wands and canes in fantasy stories...

Theirl

SHHS detainee no. 0004
If im not wrong goblin slayer ttrpg extension has a lizard man that uses an umbrela as a weapon

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
The only time I see umbrella as a weapon is in xianxia with mooks as well as MCs alike use it as shield.

Then again, one of the MC has this umbrella that shoots a beam of fire when opened while the other MC has an umbrella that traps people into it, turning them into red splots as MC flicks said umbrella.

hippoman

The only characters I can think of are:
Riko from made in abyss (builds and uses one as shield but not for very long)
Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2, uses an umbrella as a weapon he'snot quite the protagonist but the wiki describes him as "arguably the tritagonist"
Roberta from Black Lagoon (again not the protagonist of the series but she has her own spin of movie) has a umbrella with a spaz 12 hidden in the handle, but i dont think she uses it for more than one encounter, I haven't actually watched the show.

Last edited:

Stepp

Kagura from Gintama.
c8ae13edd74b2bad2752719ea6195f4c6243570f_00.gif

I'd show you another gif but apparently I can't upload it since it's too large. Just search her up on YouTube or Google.
Also, though she can use it as a gun, she mainly uses it to smash things.
(Edit: Forgot about the MC part) She isn't really the MC but being one of the main trio counts right?

Zinless

How do I
I can only think of Edna from Tales of Zestiria
Though, she uses magic more than her umbrella
1684420170321.png

Drunk_Cultivator

I cant think of a MC that uses an umbrella, but there is a female knight in the manhwa The Knight of Ember that uses an umbrella.