Manga Style Chapters?

Would manga-style (right-to-left) chaptering be okay?

• Total voters

bulmabriefs144

If you re-sorted chapters so they were in reverse order, would the average person understand this? Basically, "Previous" takes you to the next chapter, because the chapters are ordered in reverse.

Or would it be so weird that they'd stop reading?

I'm thinking of doing it for Tales from the Reaper, but I wanna float the idea by people first.

Jemini

Just post normally. If people wanted them arranged like that, they could just reverse the list order. This site has tools for that sort of thing.

BlackKnightX

Reading from right to left is just the Japanese tradition of reading, that’s why every manga reads that way. For Japanese people, right to left means “next,” not “previous,” so it wouldn’t make any sense if you’re trying to take that tradition into an English platform. Very unnecessary. If I’m not wrong, I think there’s no difference between the Japanese web novel sites and English ones, either. So, again, totally unnecessary.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Reading from right to left is just the Japanese tradition of reading, that’s why every manga reads that way. For Japanese people, right to left means “next,” not “previous,” so it wouldn’t make any sense if you’re trying to take that tradition into an English platform. Very unnecessary. If I’m not wrong, I think there’s no difference between the Japanese web novel sites and English ones, either. So, again, totally unnecessary.
That's correct. Syosetu has text being read from left to right, and the "Next chapter" button has arrows pointing to the right, while the "Previous chapter" button has arrows pointing to the left.

On mangas the text is written vertically and not horizontally. In them the next text line is the line to the left of your previous line, but the text is still read from top to bottom first and foremost.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I read hentai like that sometimes. Sometimes, they do it the other way, and they don't tell you upfront, so I have to figure out which way it is.