Recommendations MC is a myth

Mellohwa

Magic 8-ball they say
A main character who's a myth or misunderstood by the denizen as a myth.
I’ve been reincarnated in another world, and I’m enjoying my life in it to its fullest. Because I’ve also had the power to do that. After spending several hundred years (or so) in such freedom, I found myself being treated as a legendary witch by the people. Also known as “Primordial Witch”. Wow. And that’s all I can say, truly.
Looking for novels with similar premise. Thank you for your time.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
I started writing something like this a while ago. Then I stopped. Never posted it. If you find a good one do tell.

Mellohwa

Magic 8-ball they say
Too short, need part 2.
Fire Punch
Where can I read it?
I think @AuthorSME bunny story is like that. The most powerful people after the oscillation are people who transform into mythical creatures.
Thank you.

hippoman

The MC from the Manga/LN series A Wild Last Boss Appears is... kinda like this? less a myth more a historical figure since she is someone who was known to exist and basically ruled the world 200 years ago. but its commonely thought that today she is dead/forever sealed away.
Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? MC eventually becomes known as a mythical monster known as the Nightmare of the Labyrinth and later when she becomes an arachne and is sighted as such years later these sightings are viewed with skepticism and its thought the arachnee never existed.

hmm Oh just noticed the recommendations for Making Magic: The Sweet Life of a Witch Who Knows an Infinite MP Loopholehad no idea it had another title, was excited because i found a new exciting witch story. but yeah thats a good series, even if it is sad at times.

Hmm, I can't think of any more off the top of my head but If you want a similar vibe go for MC's who are eldritch in nature, people don't think they really exist, are super powerful and usually just do what they want. some examples I found on this site that fit are

and

there are other eldritch MCs i know and like on the site but they don't really fit the vibe i think you are looking for.

hmm, Um,. two of Funa's Series (LN and Manga) have the characters become so famous people pray to them, one of them actually has a religion founded worshiping her with out her knowledge but again its not really the same.

I'd love to hear if you have found more yourself since this post was first made though!

hippoman

A main character who's a myth or misunderstood by the denizen as a myth.

Looking for novels with similar premise. Thank you for your time.
after searching the example you put, i found only 4 chapters online and they were uploaded at the start of the year, do you know where more chapters of that exist? "I Don’t Remember Being a Legendary Witch?"

Edit: found Raws up to chapter 277, which may be the ending, translation group has only done the first 4 chapters though.

Last edited:

dummycake

Already daydreamed about this interaction
Literally "I’ve Been Killing Slimes For 300 Years And Maxed Out My Level"
There's a novel, manga, and anime.
But it's kind of slice of life, comedy, and Yuri.

TheKillingAlice

Schinken
I may not know a Novel, but a Manga I do. My favorite Manga to date, to be exact. It might be more than 15 years old by now, but it's still golden.
Look for "Dendrobates".

hippoman

"Dam of the forest" Comic about a kid who gets the powers to make plants grow, but he stops growing himself and decides to isolate himself in the Forrest and avoid human contact.