MCs actually earning their worth

SailusGebel

Cuz they are as unfinished as the first bullet train of China?
Oh, a funny joke, I totally understood this one.

SailusGebel

Btw, my MC has already lost a fight and will lose more in the future. Not so sure about suffering yet.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
I feel you. The catharsis is just superior when the protagonist actually puts everything they have and more into their goal and achieved it despite the odds of the entire world weighing on their back. When the protagonist got everything handed to them, it's just a moment of satisfaction.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
What's there to do when he already killed their murderer? :s_tongue:
Yeah, that was the part I hated, right after he fuck off and left his sister.

The fact that during the fight, he had already bash the grandma to death, which I forgot, did the grandson die as well? Cuz if not, then ya boi needs to let him go find her soon, lest she gets lonely on the road to hell.

ForestDweller

I feel you. The catharsis is just superior when the protagonist actually puts everything they have and more into their goal and achieved it despite the odds of the entire world weighing on their back. When the protagonist got everything handed to them, it's just a moment of satisfaction.

Yeah. I just wrote the chapter where my MC lost his virginity in a threesome and it feels great to have him earn that harem.

ForestDweller

Yeah, that was the part I hated, right after he fuck off and left his sister.

The fact that during the fight, he had already bash the grandma to death, which I forgot, did the grandson die as well? Cuz if not, then ya boi needs to let him go find her soon, lest she gets lonely on the road to hell.

Well, the grandson got burned alive later by another character.
I've been writing my own series in such a way where the world does no favors for my cast. They start off with a lot of power strictly because of how they were born, but that's the only thing they have going in their favor. It's really more like I use the fact that they are strong as permission to start immediately throwing stuff at them. And I do mean immediately. They have to solve their first major life-or-death crisis at the age of 2. I've had readers comment that this world is playing on ultra hard-mode.

That reminds me, I probably should've made my story difficult for the MC from the get-go. A lot of my ex-readers got turned off by the sudden turn into drama.

Last edited:

Kenjona

Any sort of struggle that an author make in their story is artificial. When I read a story where the MC has to fail a bunch of times, the impression it gives me is that the author just want to add word count to delay the fun part, or he just intentionally want to frustrate their reader.
I hate Savage Divinity so much.
I admit I have a love/hate relationship with that story. Especially in the current arc.