Recommendations Monster Girl Erotica Done Right

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Expected ten books, seen only one.

Lies.

No i did not look for more on the net. I am too lazy to fact check your words.

My disappointment is immesurable and my day is ruined.

:blob_upset:

AiLovesToGrow

I write silly erotica

Many of them are on Literotica, and you’ll notice she is publishing them a chapter a day onto Scribblehub.

Then the book she co-authored with Virgil Knightley, a best seller on Amazon.

Home For Horny Monsters: Books 1-3 available in print, books 1-2 in audiobook, 96 chapters on Literotica and completes 6 books.

Dead And Horny: Book 1 in print and chapters in the middle of book 2 are on Literotica.

The Last Of Her Kind: Book 1 is in print and soon to get audiobook release.

Master Class: Book 1 is a KU exclusive and coauthored. Book 2 will be expected to be out 2023.

Iceman’s Wrath: Book 1 is exclusive to Literotica.

Last edited:

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
  1. Next time create an account and use it semi-regurarly, interact with posts for around a month.
  2. Create a New account and ask for “Monster girl erotica” recommendations
  3. Reply with your other account, telling yourself how great they are
  4. Dont use your current method of advertisement as it can have the opposite effect.
  5. It is especially harmful if poor author does not know about it.
Please don’t go advertising in a way that can drive trolls towards a story. People would vote a story with 1* for simply putting something like this into their faces. Especially if you are not the author.

if you are the author, put as much effort into advertising as much effort goes into your writing.

Legi0n

Bad or annoying advertising can be extremely difficult to deal with.
First impressions matter, especially in such competitive (productive?) environments.

TotallyHuman

The only monster girl erotica I have ever found "done right" is the tiny evil/tiny evils hentai series.

AiLovesToGrow

I write silly erotica
1. Good to know, thank you. I have been slowly been trying to post at least once a day, you might notice I have only been on your community for a week.
2. So you are suggesting I create two accounts, one to ask for recommendations, then another to reply to the recommendations. That appears disingenuous, but sure, I'm flexible.
3. I think you actually think I'm Annabelle. I think that is funny. 2 minutes of searching and you'll see we are two separate characters and have both published on multiple platforms before trying out Scribblehub. Annabelle is a friend of mine and I thought I was making a genuine recommendation. I see that this is not the case, for which I apologize. Looking through the previous posts of others I thought I had the right formatting, but it appears your community takes into account a certain amount of seniority.
4. Noted, I'll be sure to not make any suggestions in the future.
5. She did not know. I count her a friend and was making an honest recommendation to try and drive traffic towards a story I think is superior in the genre.

SailusGebel

Looking through the previous posts of others I thought I had the right formatting, but it appears your community takes into account a certain amount of seniority.
4. Noted, I'll be sure to not make any suggestions in the future.
You can make suggestions, but not in the I'm looking for... forum. I'm looking for... is for readers who look for a specific novel(s), at least that's how it is used.

AiLovesToGrow

I write silly erotica
So, using this metric, where should I have put this post? I was not promoting myself, I was making a recommendation for a story I like. I could even see how it would lead into a discussion of finding stories similar to it. In general, I would also appreciate a simple etiquette guideline for each forum page, but that was lacking in this particular place.

SailusGebel

So, using this metric, where should I have put this post? I was not promoting myself, I was making a recommendation for a story I like. I could even see how it would lead into a discussion of finding stories similar to it. In general, I would also appreciate a simple etiquette guideline for each forum page, but that was lacking in this particular place.
Okay, I've explained that poorly, so let me do it properly. First of all, here are the rules.

Secondly, you can promote stories everywhere. Even in threads that have nothing to do with promoting stories. However, if you do it like that, the chances are high that you will irk people rather than make them interested in a story.

Thirdly, a simple etiquette guideline for each forum page is written under the title of that page once you click on it. For example, once you click on Creations, you can see a small gray sentence under the big word written in bold, and that sentence says, Showcase your talent with your artwork.

Fourthly, you can obviously recommend yours or other authors' stories in OTHER threads that ask for recommendations. But when you want to give a shoutout for a certain story, it's better to do it in Reader General or General Chat by making a thread there. That's my opinion.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Latest chapter discussion, reader general, make a post about the content or themes within the content. Explain what you enjoyed about it, or why you enjoyed the work and not the reputation of the author.

Key thing is, there has to be something to discuss that those who have no interest in the particular title or author to say something about.

If you just want to advertise You can post it in your signature, but advertising on the forum can easily be considered spam if there is no substance to it except for promotion.

AiLovesToGrow

I write silly erotica
Noted, thanks for the feedback. And I had read the rules, I was looking more for etiquette per channel, which is usually handled in other forums by having a mod pin a post at the top of a section and outlining how the particular section should handle various things like content, requests, etc. While generally "Don't remember the name of the series or looking for a suggestion?" might sound sufficient, the fact was there was no other explicitly stated venues for "I like this, I want to say so" in the other pages. Hence, the reason for wanting a more detailed outline of socially acceptable posts and content pinned at the top of each board. Lacking that, and looking at similar threads on this channel, it appeared copacetic to do something likewise for my friend, Annabelle, who while she has a plethora of content and talent, has oddly been overlooked on Scribblehub and I wanted to help her out. Lacking those page guideline or anything more specific than a vague and generalized sentence at the top of each forum, I thought this place the most logical.

At the moment your forum does not have prescribed guidelines for etiquette, and this was the problem at its heart. In the future I shall endeavor to find a more politique way to interact with the denizens of Scribblehub, but I can't say that I see much incentive moving forward. I will try for the latest chapter discussions and attempt some efforts there, though this experience doesn't fill me with any hope.

As for the review I made itself, I can see how making a recommendation on genre (erotica) and content (monster girls) while praising content by establishing she is well reviewed by others as being insufficient. I will try and explain myself in future comments that Annabelle's strengths are her attention to long form story telling, creating compelling characters - in particular the character of Beth, who shares the POV slot with the MC - and a fast paced prose that is filled with action. Mostly I was seeing it as a crime that no one was reading it on Scribblehub, an award winning author from Literotica with a higher 5 star review count there in one chapter than her entire view count here, and I wanted to change that.

Final note, I attempted to add links of my Scribblehub page to my signature already. Then I tried to link my patreon. Then my Literotica page, then my Amazon page, then my Royal Road page, then my twitter feed, then my discord link. I tried some, all, one after another. I was not allowed to link anything to my signature, nor put up any covers or other art. That is why my signature is the way it is, that is me giving up because I can't spend all day on it.

Again, thank you and hope you both have a good day.