Most Ridiculous Name?

Schultz_von

Jugemu-jugemu Gokōnosurikire Kaijarisuigyo-no Suigyōmatsu Unraimatsu Fūraimatsu Kūnerutokoroni-sumutokoro Yaburakōjino-burakōji Paipopaipo-paiponoshūringan Shūringanno-gūrindai Gūrindaino-ponpokopīno-ponpokonāno Chōkyūmeino-chōsuke.

Jemini

Garram
Nari
Bari
Vishuvac
Ara
Sohee
Kamael or kamagae
Plitivice

I'd have to say all of those are perfectly acceptable fantasy-world names. Don't go knocking on culture craft now.

The REALLY ridiculous names are the names that are based off common foods. For this, you need look no farther than real life. My mom once told me about a lady she really met who named her kids Orangejello and Lemonjello. I'm sure you can find several more equally as ridiculous by just searching some web articles on ridiculous names.

EDIT: (Side-note, you should check out a PS1 game called Brave Fencer Musashi sometime. That entire game is themed around being ridiculous, and they push this ridiculousness by specifically using a lot of food related names, especially among the villains. The villains are actually called "The Thirstquencher Empire," their ultimate evil fortress is called "Soda Fountain," and all of the villains have soda related names.)

A close second would be incredibly descriptive self-aggrandizing names, like "awesome dude!" (We'll call that a super hero name.)

EDIT: (On that note, this might be yet another point for why Batman is inherently better than Superman. Superman's name is incredibly self-aggrandizing. Meanwhile, Batman's name is borderline self-deprecating. Modern day, the writers for Superman and the justice league have managed to work with the junk they were given to somehow salvage Superman by framing his self-aggrandizing imagery as more a symbol than a character. Meanwhile, Batman's inherently better foundation for a character allows him to be more character-driven in his portrayal, thus the reason why he's now the #1 most loved superhero character in the entire genre.)

Last edited: