Music while writing.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
What music do you listen to while you are writing? Or do you write in silence. Personally, I made a chill playlist for myself and they are filled with songs that I consider as serene and soothing. Plus Japanese music *cough cough* don't judge. Sometimes, I also just play random music on my playlist.

mrsimple

Writer
Alice in Chains, Metallica, Godsmack, and more... gotta write with the beat. ;)

mm38910

What music do you listen to while you are writing? Or do you write in silence. Personally, I made a chill playlist for myself and they are filled with songs that I consider as serene and soothing. Plus Japanese music *cough cough* don't judge. Sometimes, I also just play random music on my playlist.
Yare Yare.

Econ

I haven't been writing for a long and the music right now distracts me. Maybe that will change in the future. Though when I edit I listen to 10 year old songs.

D

Deleted member 697

I usually listen to pop, but when I really want to concentrate, I just write in silence or listen to good ol lofi/instrumentals

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
hmm pop songs are usually the songs that I listened with, while I work or do something

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Absolutely! Actually, I usually pick the song I'm listening to before I start writing if anything else.

...sometimes it can take a fair amount of time just doing that too........

I try to pick songs that match the mood of my writing to keep my atmosphere consistent.

Apart from that, I listen to things that I typically like anyways (or would listen to for studying), which would be like instrumental covers or acoustic or piano things. I tend to write sad things, so all the ambient and soft things work well for me. :ROFLMAO:

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
I usually listen to pop, but when I really want to concentrate, I just write in silence or listen to good ol lofi/instrumentals
I listen to a lot of instrumentals when I write, it helps set the mood for my brain. I have trouble focusing. I seriously think I have ADHD because for the life of me I can't even watch anime without fidgetting with something. Listening to music calms me down in a way and make me focus. That is before procrastination happens.

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
I dont really care which song I am listening too while reading or writing although Iwont be listening to songs while doing that most of the times....

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
Is this a Rec thread?

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Is this a Rec thread?
If you are referring to recommendation then not really. I'm just curious about what people listen to or if they listen to music at all while writing.