My Cover Art. Feedback?

SashaDeminova

Hi everyone! I'm going to be uploading my story to ScribbleHub soon, and I just made some cover art for it. I was hoping that I could get some feedback on it. I'm not the greatest artist, so I'm mostly looking for tips on the layout and making sure that everything is readable and appealing! Also, I'm colorblind so I would also love to hear if there are any colors that clash or anything!

The One Hour Witch Cover.png

D

Deleted member 54065

Hi everyone! I'm going to be uploading my story to ScribbleHub soon, and I just made some cover art for it. I was hoping that I could get some feedback on it. I'm not the greatest artist, so I'm mostly looking for tips on the layout and making sure that everything is readable and appealing! Also, I'm colorblind so I would also love to hear if there are any colors that clash or anything!

Looks good, though you can make the glow (on the book) even brighter for added impact, and the logo at the top glowing against the dark background (to imply magic stuff). 😉

KrisVFX

God of Creation

Adding a bit more glow over the pages of the book will make the cover show more light, and foreshadow whatever content is in that book. Also make the back of the book darker, since there is no light. Overall, your cover art is rather cute.

SashaDeminova

Succubiome

Nice drawing! Good lines and simple palette, looks really good when shrunk down to "Trending" / "Latest Series" or "Recently Updated" size images. Generally, I would suggest reducing art to those sizes and seeing how you like the look, BTW, rather than solely judging it based on the large art-- will give you a better idea of how most people will see it.

On that note, I have to say I like the original version better than the glowy version. While the glowy version looks better, it's too close to the white lettering IMO, and being clear and legible is more important. In the original, there's better contrast between background and text... and when the image is reduced to "Recently Updated" size images, the lack of contrast in the glowy version becomes even more of an issue.

zephyrzane

I saw your cover art in another thread and was thinking, "That really stands out!" I think you did a great job.

taerkitty

Would suggest an alternate font. It's a little late to the party, but how about this instead:

g12377.png

SashaDeminova

Would suggest an alternate font. It's a little late to the party, but how about this instead:
I appreciate the feedback! I actually decided against the glowing clock in the end, and from a pure graphical design perspective, the font you proposed is much harder to read when the image is smaller. Even at 30%, the text blends in to the clock imagery just enough to make it a hassle to read, whereas the text I've chosen is clear even at 20% (like in my signature.) I appreciate the input, though! :blob_cookie:

taerkitty

I appreciate the feedback! I actually decided against the glowing clock in the end, and from a pure graphical design perspective, the font you proposed is much harder to read when the image is smaller. Even at 30%, the text blends in to the clock imagery just enough to make it a hassle to read, whereas the text I've chosen is clear even at 20% (like in my signature.) I appreciate the input, though! :blob_cookie:
I can totally see how it looks difficult to read. I forgot we were designing for 250px Ꭓ 350px.