My first creation.

Napalm

Well, recently I asked for tips from people on how to learn to draw, and I got a bunch of tips, which I'm very grateful for. So here, I'm gonna show you my first creation. I even think that I improved mid-way through drawing it, so it would probably look inconsistent.

I'm just a beginner trying to improve, alright? Never said that my art would be good.

20211227_015449_copy_1195x1643.jpg

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Just saying, but lined paper is in most cases the lowest quality and makes drawing harder than it has to be.

Napalm

Just saying, but lined paper is in most cases the lowest quality and makes drawing harder than it has to be.
Huh, I didn't know that, looking back on it, I really should've guessed, but to be honest, I just used a notebook, since I don't have a sketchbook or something like that. I also used an HB pencil, which is the same one I use for writing.

Last edited:

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Huh, I didn't know that, looking back on it, I really should've guessed, but to be honest, I just used a textbook, since I don't have a sketchbook or something like that. I also used an HB pencil, which is the same one I use for writing.
Whether you use HB, F, B, or H doesn’t really matter. It all has its pro and cons. But if the paper is shit unsuited for sketching, then even the most expensive pen won’t help you.

It all comes down to what you’re used to. There are probably people who can draw well on lined paper, but lines in the middle of my husbando face? ˚‧º·(˚ ˃̣̣̥᷄⌓˂̣̣̥᷅ )‧º·˚ (<—main reason you should not use lined paper)

(pretty sure the drawn on lined paper you see on Pinterest are thick high quality line paper from expensive notepads and not the cheapest paper you get in a 5+1 deal)

Cheap blank paper is totally okay for beginners imo, u.u I also have some cheap sketchpads. Just make sure to have a lot of paper stacked under it or an underlay pad. It’s more comfortable for drawing/writing than the hard table surface.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Great start! Keep it up :)
Carlo.jpg