My little reading corner. Story feedback. Quality not assured. Opinions reign supreme.

P.R.S

I would like any kind of criticism or feedback

EldritchPotato

Eldritch deity & really hard thinker.
Ooooo, I would appreciate any feedback you have. Feel free to read any of my stories, The Orca’s Serenade is the most recent and still coming out.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
You gonna hate my novel lol, I don't put chapter numbers, only titles, willfully so by choice.
Ehem Would you like to give review to my new story with only two chapters so far ☺
Ehem Would you like to give review to my new story with only two chapters so far ☺
Well if you want to consider my stuff far be it from me to object.
You're always free to read through mine. I wonder how and what I'm doing.
Please check out Mine
:blob_neutral: Just to make a list.
Ooooo, I would appreciate any feedback you have. Feel free to read any of my stories, The Orca’s Serenade is the most recent and still coming out.

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…

An experimental detective story with quite short chapters. My second try at interactive stories. Currently slowly dripping clues while waiting for interaction.
:blob_neutral: So how this entire thread thing work? All I ever posted were site improvement suggestions and angry rants. :blob_unsure: This feels strangely ... constructive, for the lack of a better term.

Assurbanipal_II

An experimental detective story with quite short chapters. My second try at interactive stories. Currently slowly dripping clues while waiting for interaction.
If you like isekai litRPGs, you can check out mine anytime. Thank you.
Try mine if you like witches.
:blob_neutral: Just to make a list.
New list. Also new requests are put to a halt for now. :blob_reach:
@patrick_lansing

I will do as usual and write down my thoughts ... As scattered as they might be ...

The cover looks passable ... the writing a bit hard to read ... Could need some boxes or contrast ... Not optimal ...

Also, I don't like if you have a male MC, but a female cover ... Do you put so little trust into your MC? Come on, as a reader what I am supposed to think. I know sex sells, but how relevant can he be if he doesn't make it even onto the cover? I gives me some pause, certainly.
The gate of stone slid shut. The ensuing echoes reverberated in the empty dark, reduced to whispers above a yawning gap heading to the ends of creation. The light came only from that gate of stone over a featureless flat rock at the end of which was a sudden and unending drop; then the light escaped into nothing and was lost completely. The glow was fading.

Your paragraphs starts 4 times with the. I usually support repetitions, but I see no theme here. The thes don't combine well.

Prologue a tad mysterious, but satisfying. I wasn't bored to death, and there are many questions open. Let's see how things develop.

-

Your work reminds me of a Japanese Xianxia story.

-

Read far enough. Your writing is not really an issue, You seem experienced and I suspect this might be an alt account of yours. You know your craft technically speaking and you have a clear idea what you are doing, but there is an issue.

Your story is chaotic. Extremely so. The entire composition just feels unbalanced with too short and then suddenly long chapters. The plot feels rushed and scenes barely developed. I know little about his character or personality, and even less about the world. Your narration is strongly episodic, which hurts your work. There is no clear thread I can follow.

This is really all just a composition issue, how to put your parts well together.

:blob_cookie:

I gave you a five star as I don't rate stuff lower usually, but your work is frankly unreadable ... Grammar. Orthography. Structure. You are writing a novel here. Not a screen action play. It is bothersome to read and incomprehensible.

It doesn't matter what you write, if people can't understand you and your format.
Your story - the lich one - is breaking my suspension of disbelief. Rushed plot combined with exceedingly convenient repeated outcomes is a bad combination. Maybe that is normal for Litrpgs, but this is far too gamey for my taste. I would have preferred a more realistic take, but such is a personal opinion admittedly.
Please check out Mine
:blob_hmm: Just a music video. One less on my list.

Last edited:

CrimsonGenius

Riding the Thunder
If you want a read.

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
Yo. If you're still going, I'm down for having my story shredded. Link in sig, Lay the Dragon v2. Now, fair warning, it *IS* a fantasy erotica novel. However, it's only up to chapter 2 and so far, no smut included. Feel free to leave feedback wherever you choose. Here, in the comments, or a PM. Readers choice.

AdOtherwise

Owl Who Reads · Hoot Hoot
Got a single chapter if you are up for it. Prototype/Placeholder I'm using.
Let me know what you think:

Assurbanipal_II

Got a single chapter if you are up for it. Prototype/Placeholder I'm using.
Let me know what you think:
:blob_happy: I honestly quite liked the first part. You are able to transport your thoughts. You were monologuing much, so didn't arouse much suspicion, but your writing is a tad bare bone. No dialogue tags. Fragmented lines. No description at all. It is incohesive and the themes are all over the places. Too many narrative threads mixed into one chapter, but I see potential ... It is just a matter of training.
Yo. If you're still going, I'm down for having my story shredded. Link in sig, Lay the Dragon v2. Now, fair warning, it *IS* a fantasy erotica novel. However, it's only up to chapter 2 and so far, no smut included. Feel free to leave feedback wherever you choose. Here, in the comments, or a PM. Readers choice.
If you want a read.

Try mine if you like witches.
If you like isekai litRPGs, you can check out mine anytime. Thank you.

Last edited:

AdOtherwise

Owl Who Reads · Hoot Hoot
:blob_happy: I honestly quite liked the first part. You are able to transport your thoughts. You were monologuing much, so didn't arouse much suspicion, but your writing is a tad bare bone. No dialogue tags. Fragmented lines. No description at all. It is incohesive and the themes are all over the places. Too many narrative threads mixed into one chapter, but I see potential ... It is just a matter of training.

Thank you