Name a weakness in your novel

Green-Ink

My novel is heavily strategy-based and sometimes it can get a bit hard to for me to act like I am a smart person writing about a smart MC when in reality I am just another average man writing a novel. I don't want to fall trap of when MC either acts like they know everything or the MC does something convenient that just so happens to help him in unsolvable problems. So it can be a bit hard to be creative and think in a way which I am not used to.

Star of Salvation [Anti-Hero Progression Fantasy]

Nevafrost

Well-known newbie author
Mine is that I have too many MCs and I focus on the plot more than the character development. May be it's just I'm being hasty.

IncognitoAlbatross

Well, when I was writing the prologue for my latest story, I kept thinking, "Is this too dark? Am I laying it on too thick?"

A commenter (not on this site) agreed, saying there were too many gut-punch moments without much buildup, so it wasn't very meaningful. The other chapters are about a different character, though, so hopefully they're better. Still, I think I go too dark sometimes.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
It tried to introduce too many people, and smut scenes while not giving each one enough time.

Garon

I decided put tag futa and smut for fun. But I didn't have any experience with sex scenes. So yeah, now I don't know what do with that. (And I have two stories with that problem bruh🥲)

esThr

Mine is that I have 0 clue what I'm doing and this will be the first ever thing I would write excluding my essays and assignments

Suczka

I'm trying to write it.

Also as the story unfolds there are too many smut scenes for my liking. And the smut scenes devolve to hard BDSM fetishes that are too strong and too dark for the story. I have to constantly cut that content out but is still appears on its own...

Pixytokisaki14

Half Kitsune Half Succubus
My main character has always been job first and friends later (or never). MC is a person who will push aside friends and family in pursuit of forging and sharpening their skills for a better future since childhood, not knowing it will come back to bite the MC back with severed connections and a lonely adult life.

Sylver

Well, my novel begins as a smut/slice of life fantasy in Act 1 focusing on character development, slowly progressing toward a more story-focused action/adventure fantasy in Act 2. I can't tell if that threw any readers off, I would say the low feedback is an issue.

I have a handful of views for my recent chapters which itself is a blessing seeing how I'm over 90 chapters so far, but for a smut story the reception doesn't seem too high. I haven't hit trending, it's hard to gain more readers, and for some reason comments are very minimal, I get like one or two comments every two or three weeks and they're mostly about the smut rather than the plot or characters. Not to be ungrateful about it, just an observation I noticed.

In summary, the transition from slice of life to action/adventure might throw people off, and the low reception and feedback would be an overall issue outside of the actual story. Kinda bits cuz I'm excited about Act 2 but no one is around to share that excitement with :blob_pat_sad: I even made a post on Monday venting about that. Just some comments would be nice, cuz it feels like I'm writing to myself when I want to write to entertain others too.

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
A general weakness I have is that my beginnings are usually pretty weak. When I get going, I get going, but starting out is the hardest part for me to write.

doravg

105/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
If I like a character enough, you can be sure that the story will start to revolve around them. Even if another character was supposed to be the MC, had the starting POV, and then ended up as ML or something along these lines.

DaisukeHanashi

Once a horny writer, now a happy writer
I tend to be overly ambitious about my story, to the point that I might also tend to rush things out.

Gotta need to balance things out first.