Named chapters, yes or no?

Saberfang

Yes absolutely! Giving names to chapter give it more character and can excite readers anticipation.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Unless you name your chapters like "Onehundredfiftyone" or something everything's alright

returickots

i like named chapters, they usually help remember where i was up to in a story far better than numbers

Azure_Fog

More stabby, more happy~
I like named chapters, most of the time. I’m not a fan of just a name. Additionally sometines chapter names are too long. I don’t need a sentence, choose a few words. And don’t type out the number…

AdamKusy

Absolutely yes. It makes your overall story richer, pulls in readers easier and gives a quick preview of your chapters.

beast_regards

Yes. I tried that. It seems that chapters with a name attract more readers that chapters without it.

Yeah, extra points if it's a pun or a joke that only makes sense after you read the chapter.

And number as well

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 133647

....People don't name their chapters??? Like I can see it in a regular traditional book but on here???

Evil-Empire

Don't care. I'm more worried about if the story is any good than if the author came up with a clever title for each and every chapter.

"Great story but the author only used boring numbers for chapters so I'm not reading it" is pretty stupid logic.

Tenebram

Honestly, I struggle to come up with good chapter titles and I personally don't really care for them when I'm reading, so I prefer numbers or just one-word titles.

But I definitely get the appeal.