Nani? Trending?

Malonymous

I'm still not sure how it happened (seriously is there a pity timer or something?) but somehow my crazy story ended up on front page trending today. I really never thought this would happen since I don't post that regularly or get a ton of comments and such. Super happy that slow writers can make it to the top 8 now and then, that's all

Thanks everyone, and thank you Tony!

Last edited:

Malonymous

Thanks guys and sorry, I don't usually make this kind of post. I just think it's funny looking back since there were so many times I thought about giving up and calling it quits, being too depressed to write, feeling sick watching the reader count drop every day and worrying too much about silly things instead of just writing.

You ever wish you could go back and time and be like, "Stop doubting everything damn it and just do your thing, baka!!!"? Yeah, something like that 🤷‍♀️

Vnator

I'm still not sure how it happened (seriously is there a pity timer or something?) but somehow my crazy story ended up on front page trending today. I really never thought this would happen since I don't post that regularly or get a ton of comments and such. Super happy that slow writers can make it to the top 8 now and then, that's all

Congratulations! I managed to trend randomly once to with my otherwise average story, so either Scribble hub's trending algorithm is bonkers or it occasionally takes pity on us smaller writers!

I say enjoy the ride and don't expect it to be a common occurrence for the sake of your own sanity. I'm still constantly checking my story rating every day in the hopes I got back to tending, but end up disappointed instead.

The biggest benefit was an increase in regulars, and for me that meant more comments :)

ForestDweller

Congratulations! I managed to trend randomly once to with my otherwise average story, so either Scribble hub's trending algorithm is bonkers or it occasionally takes pity on us smaller writers!

I say enjoy the ride and don't expect it to be a common occurrence for the sake of your own sanity. I'm still constantly checking my story rating every day in the hopes I got back to tending, but end up disappointed instead.

I used to trend pretty frequently when I was just starting out.

Now though, never. My story has been stagnating for like half a year or so.

MoodyFoxCat

Kudos :blob_salute:

Agentt

Thighs
Hey, I have an idea. Since Mal here does not like emotional posts
Thanks guys and sorry, I don't usually make this kind of post. I just think it's funny looking back since there were so many times I thought about giving up and calling it quits, being too depressed to write, feeling sick watching the reader count drop every day and worrying too much about silly things instead of just writing.

You ever wish you could go back and time and be like, "Stop doubting everything damn it and just do your thing, baka!!!"? Yeah, something like that 🤷‍♀️
How about we spam wholesome messages to make her cringe to death?

Not_A_Symphony

Picasso 2.0

Congratulations! I also tried to understand how the trending system works but I gave up, just be thankful to the Scribble Hub gods and hope there will be another time they will remember you :blobtaco:

Kitsura

The biggest benefit was an increase in regulars, and for me that meant more comments :)
My story has been trending quite a few times and it's my first story, the algo likes daily updates and views growth.

Malonymous

Congrats! Yeah I like the idea of 'expect the worst but hope for the best,' so I was even more surprised because this wasn't something I'd ever really anticipated lol. It's definitely best for the sake of sanity to not put too much of your expectations on anything based on an algorithm, but maybe just maybe once in a blue moon you get a pleasant surprise~

Hey, I have an idea. Since Mal here does not like emotional posts

How about we spam wholesome messages to make her cringe to death?
Wait, no! Not the feels!! :blob_shock: