Need Help Knowing How to Write a Speech

BackWoodsJ_ACK

Birbs, dog, and burbers
I'm trying to figure out how to write a speech for one of my future characters who's an important political leader in my story.

Do you guys have any sources or good examples. I'm all ears.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Well... I don't, but I can offer an alternative suggestion.

Like, if the story doesn't need that speech much, you can skip it and simply summarize its points if needed.

Like, instead of showing the speech itself, you can just say "Character A made a speech talking about topics B, C and D and got lots of support from it."

Granted, this only works if the speech itself isn't very important to the flow of the story... Because well, if you need to show the speech to deliver a good impact or something, then do your best in writing it! >.<

DubstheDuke

Oh I love writing speech scenes. Ill take a look and later give you some chapter links for what I think are some of the best speeches I wrote

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I'm trying to figure out how to write a speech for one of my future characters who's an important political leader in my story.

Do you guys have any sources or good examples. I'm all ears.
Nigga you can literally google political speeches. Like I dont wanna sound mean, but I see threads like this all the time and just wonder, "why you bothering to ask these cucks when Google bro always got your back first?"

Cuz I mean think about it. Asking any question here is slow as fuck. And you may not even get a good answer. Me, I never ask questions for writing material purposes unless it's a VERY specific question. And sometimes not even then. Cuz I can usually just google the question and find better answers, faster. Also you dont get trolls who hijack threads.

Like for example I once needed to know what being high on cocaine was like. And instead of waiting who knows how long for answers by asking that question here, and assuming there is even anyone here who knows what that's like, I just googled it.

And found a whole reddit thread that told me all kinds of stories straight from drug addicts. And fuck me if that didnt give me a lot of fun things to write in.

DubstheDuke

Oh I love writing speech scenes. Ill take a look and later give you some chapter links for what I think are some of the best speeches I wrote
Ok I went back and found my top 5 speeches that I've ever written.

(Refer to my novel in the banner, Undetermined if you wanna take a look)

Number 5: Chapter 319 (The beginning of the chapter).
Context- a Legion Commander is about to head out to war against the monsters, and is giving a speech to his men.

Number 4: Chapter 406 (Starting from the middle of the chapter, at the first break)
Context: A Demon has captured a number of weak plantkin, and is forcing them to become his soldiers before they go out to fight.

Number 3: Chapter 239 (The beginning of the chapter)
Context: A goblin who is working together with humans is secretly invading the Capital of the Empire, leading a raid to overthrow an evil Senator.

Number 2: Chapter 405 (The beginning of the chapter)
Context: The villainess is about to lead her slaves - men, women, children, monsters, and humans alike, to war with an army of demons.

Number 1: Chapter 276 (The beginning of the chapter)
Context: The villainess has taken over a new city and must now force them into submission through a combination of fear and charisma.

BackWoodsJ_ACK

Birbs, dog, and burbers
Nigga you can literally google political speeches. Like I dont wanna sound mean, but I see threads like this all the time and just wonder, "why you bothering to ask these cucks when Google bro always got your back first?"

Cuz I mean think about it. Asking any question here is slow as fuck. And you may not even get a good answer. Me, I never ask questions for writing material purposes unless it's a VERY specific question. And sometimes not even then. Cuz I can usually just google the question and find better answers, faster. Also you dont get trolls who hijack threads.

Like for example I once needed to know what being high on cocaine was like. And instead of waiting who knows how long for answers by asking that question here, and assuming there is even anyone here who knows what that's like, I just googled it.

And found a whole reddit thread that told me all kinds of stories straight from drug addicts. And fuck me if that didnt give me a lot of fun things to write in.
I understand what you're getting that and trust me I did use Google bro and YouTube homie. I read and watched speeches from people ranging from minister MLK and Malcolm X to presidents Abraham Lincoln and Barry. I've cross referenced and took all what I think I needed from them.

However, self study can only get you so far. So, I wanted to ask the community here. Are there troll hijackers here? Yep. Shit, they may be trying to jack the thread now. But I can give two fucks bout them. They can suck my dick after I finished smashing their mama.

Either way, troll or not, whack ass answer or not, no answer or not, I wanna interact with the community. Can I Google it? Sure. But I wanna see what the people on this forum has to offer me.. For example, look at the comment above me.

It's their knowledge, insights.

I might learn something good and useful and i might learn something shitty and bad on this forum. But at the end of the day, I got to talk to the homies here and possibly leave with something valuable.

This is good speech practice btw.

tyler89558

Do you guys have any sources or good examples. I'm all ears

I’d say look go to AP central and look at the past exams for AP Lang, there should be some decent speeches in the FRQ and you should get a general feel for what makes a speech effective.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I understand what you're getting that and trust me I did use Google bro and YouTube homie. I read and watched speeches from people ranging from minister MLK and Malcolm X to presidents Abraham Lincoln and Barry. I've cross referenced and took all what I think I needed from them.

However, self study can only get you so far. So, I wanted to ask the community here. Are there troll hijackers here? Yep. Shit, they may be trying to jack the thread now. But I can give two fucks bout them. They can suck my dick after I finished smashing their mama.

Either way, troll or not, whack ass answer or not, no answer or not, I wanna interact with the community. Can I Google it? Sure. But I wanna see what the people on this forum has to offer me.. For example, look at the comment above me.

It's their knowledge, insights.

I might learn something good and useful and i might learn something shitty and bad on this forum. But at the end of the day, I got to talk to the homies here and possibly leave with something valuable.

This is good speech practice btw.
That right there was a good speech. See? You're a natural

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Like for example I once needed to know what being high on cocaine was like. And instead of waiting who knows how long for answers by asking that question here, and assuming there is even anyone here who knows what that's like, I just...
*gasps*
googled it.
Not Gonna Lie.jpg