• first with close up

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • second with full body shot

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters

proxybaba

IMG_0597.JPG
IMG_0598.JPG

do note, I have used AI image generator to enhance the original work that I have made by myself in procreate.

IAmNotVoid

The first one seems better in my opinion. But that is due to the fact that it has a better color combination than the second one. The blue strip on the second cover stands out. If you change the color and font on the second cover it will look even better than the first one. Try golden font color like in classic books, and change the blue stip to something with a better shade that matches the dragon's skin, like lava. But, hey, just my opinion.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Second for a smaller version. I think the blue behind the text would pop when the image is displayed on the front page. (I mean like at the size, I have mine in my signature).

First for bigger displays.

But both are great, wouldn't change a thing.

CheertheSecond

The second coming of CheertheDead
The 1st one: given that the dragon is the main subject of the cover artwork, I don’t like to have the letters too close to the dragon’s face. It doesn’t cover much but the mere overlapping with its horns is not a good idea.

The 2nd one: This has multiple issues. Firstly, the blue bar, I assume is to emphasise the title, is smaller than the letters of the title. You don’t want to have a messy design with letters spilling out of its box since a few letters are really hard to see unless concentrated. Secondly, the artwork has a pattern of line going downward to the right. The dragon’s face, jaws and eyes are all facing downward to the right. The same goes for its left wing, tail, and posture. Typically, I do not like to have something goes against this pattern in a cover. That’s why I hate that blue bar even more. I would suggest putting it to the left and turn it from left downward to right downward to match the overall pattern.

Last edited:

ChrisLensman

I prefer the second one. On the first it seems like the dragon is crowding out the text. Especially your author name looks like it's partially hidden underneath. Unless, of course, the dragon crowding out the text was the intended effect. In that case pick the first.