Need some Dragon Ball help

Should OG Kami be smarter?

• Total voters

Namike

So I had an epiphany while I was writing Chapter 7 of "Reincarnated as Shenron’s Descendant" which I realise now is more like "Transmigration into Dragon Ball as a Dragon," but that is not the main point.

I realised that Goku must have been seen as a threat by Kami when he landed and demolished some places due to turning into an Oozaru, but later was seen how Grandpa Gohan was teaching Goku to be good. This is just a theory, I am now sure that Kami should off at least sent mister Popo to check out Goku but we see that Kami doesn't even know that Goku is an alien until Vegeta and Nabba arrive on earth.

This may also be due to him not paying attention to everything. My poll is just whether I should make Kami smarter than his OG counter-part or have him oblivious to the obvious evil in the world?

Empyrea

Dense Writer of Lewd
I don't really remember much about Dragon Ball, but I'm pretty sure earth in it was pretty crazy.

So if he was just turning into a giant monkey and smashing things, there might have been more exciting things going on that would explain why he wasn't noticed.

Maybe you could use it as a chance to expand your lore more, since it's not explained in the show. Probably.

Namike

I don't really remember much about Dragon Ball, but I'm pretty sure earth in it was pretty crazy.

So if he was just turning into a giant monkey and smashing things, there might have been more exciting things going on that would explain why he wasn't noticed.

Maybe you could use it as a chance to expand your lore more, since it's not explained in the show. Probably.
Thanks for the idea. Let me note it down so I don't forget.
How about a crossover where white lightning comes out of the dragon's ballz?

Maybe. Btw I totally missread it so it took me a while to see the genius idea.

Dean.usr

Kami is smart, but not that smart. If this is an AU, I would recommend making Kami extremely gifted (IDFK lol), but Kami just being a supergenius is fine.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
So I had an epiphany while I was writing Chapter 7 of "Reincarnated as Shenron’s Descendant" which I realise now is more like "Transmigration into Dragon Ball as a Dragon," but that is not the main point.

I realised that Goku must have been seen as a threat by Kami when he landed and demolished some places due to turning into an Oozaru, but later was seen how Grandpa Gohan was teaching Goku to be good. This is just a theory, I am now sure that Kami should off at least sent mister Popo to check out Goku but we see that Kami doesn't even know that Goku is an alien until Vegeta and Nabba arrive on earth.

This may also be due to him not paying attention to everything. My poll is just whether I should make Kami smarter than his OG counter-part or have him oblivious to the obvious evil in the world?
It's an interesting theory that Kami may have seen Goku as a threat when he first landed on Earth and caused destruction in his Oozaru form. It's also possible that Kami didn't pay much attention to everything happening on Earth.

As for whether Kami should be portrayed as smarter than his original counterpart or oblivious to the evil in the world, it ultimately depends on the direction you want to take your story in. If you want Kami to be a more proactive and aware character, you could have him be more aware of the potential threats on Earth and take action to address them. On the other hand, if you want to keep Kami as a more passive and detached figure, you could have him be oblivious to the evil in the world. Ultimately, it's up to you and what you think would make for the most interesting and compelling story.

Aiyoki

I don't think I've ever viewed Kami as being omniscient.

Sure he's the guardian of earth and has vast knowledge about a lot of things on earth, but he doesn't have eyes everywhere at all times so it's entirely possible there is a ton of stuff he's missed in his time as guardian.

Plus the threat Goku posed never really reached the point where the earth had to worry about his presence.

Shenran is also a half-baked Dragon unlike his Namekian counterpart, Porunga. Kami likely created Shenran with extremely limited knowledge of the original given that Shenran is only able to grant one wish while Porunga is capable of answering the call of three wishes. There are also certain wishes Shenran can't grant that Porunga was able to.