Non English Writers Beware

dummycake

Already daydreamed about this interaction
Love it when both sides manipulate their study's data to generate outrage and controversy.
The classic timeless Us vs Them that will never leave us, even in discussions about letters bundled together to make words

Story_Marc

Share your fun!
So this is the future, huh?
AI took less than a year to fuck the entire internet upside down.
This isn't anything new. There are always people who freak out when technology advances. There are always those who get caught up in some pushback that just makes everything worse, who possess some romanticization of how "things should be," and whatever they're complaining about slowly gets adopted as time goes on while also not being as magical as so many assume because it still requires effort and artistry to actually use right.

It's just the same, constant pattern.

Erios909

From what I have read and seen:

The data about the non-native detection being much higher than native is true.
This is likely because of a much higher usage of software such as Grammarly, pro writing aid, and other grammar and spell checkers.
Why is this relevant? Because these are powered by AI, and have been for a long time.

The data originality.ai put out claiming their accuracy was 97.4% accuracy. https://originality.ai/blog/ai-content-detection-accuracy
From personal testing, I can say this is hardly accurate (lol)

Although it is VERY good at spotting unedited generations from chatgpt. I'm not sure how helpful this is, because ChatGPT's voice is very strong and obvious to me (and probably a lot of others) that have used it.

Placeholder

I'm wondering
AI gets trained on a racially biased training set, or gets used in a racially biased way.
> There are always people who freak out when technology advances.

Large Language Models make it easy to spin up neonazi bots to flood social media. And fake product reviews.

Last edited:

Jet

This might come as a shock, but I don't think anyone here is aware of who and where accused you of being an AI or something lol. I don't even think that many people here read your story. So this rant is akin to eating a burnt omelet. And then going into the thicket to scream on about it...

I've never used bots in my life and the first checker on google told me I'm human (uploaded my first subchapter from here). Even though I'm no teen, nor have I ever lived in an english speaking country.

Macha

Not a Klutz
Note that using AI Proofreader like Grammarly or DeepL increase GPTZero detection score 💀
The app is just that biased against non-native English speaker.

Leti

This might come as a shock, but I don't think anyone here is aware of who and where accused you of being an AI or something lol. I don't even think that many people here read your story. So this rant is akin to eating a burnt omelet. And then going into the thicket to scream on about it...
There is always some form of competition between authors. Some will make you stop writing if your story is good enough to be deemed a threat to them. They rarely appear here. The main site is their battlefield. Get into trending and they will get salty and target you.

doravg

106/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)
And here I am editing my German stories in ChatGPT and post them in DeviantArt when they are ready in book format. Zero fucks given if someone grumbles or not. XD

I do like the fact that there are no ratings on DeviantArt. I like that fact a lot.

IshiharaNiaoka

I've never used bots in my life and the first checker on google told me I'm human (uploaded my first subchapter from here). Even though I'm no teen, nor have I ever lived in an english speaking country.
Bruh I'm not accusing anyone I'm making aware of the situation and if you read the thread you'll know other have gone through the same situation
There is always some form of competition between authors. Some will make you stop writing if your story is good enough to be deemed a threat to them. They rarely appear here. The main site is their battlefield. Get into trending and they will get salty and target you.
True especially on rr
And here I am editing my German stories in ChatGPT and post them in DeviantArt when they are ready in book format. Zero fucks given if someone grumbles or not. XD

I do like the fact that there are no ratings on DeviantArt. I like that fact a lot.
Well wishes mate
It's very good