Notice for anyone hosting story images via Discord

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
Starting sometime next month, outside links to files hosted on Discord will expire (and be replaced) once every 24 hours.
Apparently this is being done to crack down on bad actors using Discord to host malware.

Unfortunately, it means that if you host your images there, the image links in the story will break on a regular basis.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.

Rhaps

Xenophobia Incarnate
Well then, I guess I'll have to use Zalo...

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe
Btw, what site do you use to host your images?
You could use imgur, it used to be there for that. There is also photobucket, which I used way back when, and it still exists, though, I'm not sure for how long they host images these days.
But hosting images in a social network and one which is a chat...? I wonder what is the logic?

Rhaps

Xenophobia Incarnate
You could use imgur, it used to be there for that. There is also photobucket, which I used way back when, and it still exists, though, I'm not sure for how long they host images these days.
But hosting images in a social network and one which is a chat...? I wonder what is the logic?
There isn't much thought to that, Discord is just convenient as I have one less app to think about, since I already am using it to host my dnd games.

Making different channels also help, as I treat them as folders more than chatting channels.