One last chapter left to write, hooray!

Rookieqw

Phew, after 91 chapters and 352,080 total words so far, I almost have my first amateurishly edited work complete. I had a blast writing it, learned so many new things, understood where I made blatant mistakes in pacing, and (hopefully) gained a proper work ethic. It was fun! But I hate editing so much. Why is my stream of consciousness riddled with so many mistakes? It is hell to fix them all, and I'm sure I missed some, even with the help of online grammar checkers. Editors must be the hardest working people on the planet.

There is only one chapter left to go to wrap up the current adventure, and then it is on to my next work or editing one of the written ones.

Anyway, I have a request. Can someone please call me a loser? Kinda need to hear the harsh truth.

NineHeadHeavenDevouringSerpent

Phew, after 91 chapters and 352,080 total words so far, I almost have my first amateurishly edited work complete. I had a blast writing it, learned so many new things, understood where I made blatant mistakes in pacing, and (hopefully) gained a proper work ethic. It was fun! But I hate editing so much. Why is my stream of consciousness riddled with so many mistakes? It is hell to fix them all, and I'm sure I missed some, even with the help of online grammar checkers. Editors must be the hardest working people on the planet.

There is only one chapter left to go to wrap up the current adventure, and then it is on to my next work or editing one of the written ones.

Anyway, I have a request. Can someone please call me a loser? Kinda need to hear the harsh truth.

"No, i refuse to listen to a loser's request it is bene...wait a minute"

Jokes aside...give yourself another pat on your back on my behalf, completing your goal is the best damn thing in life!

Hans.Trondheim

Mr Negative | Avoid at all cost

Well done, loser! 😍

doravg

106/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)

:blobtaco: :blobtaco: :blobtaco: :blobtaco: :blobtaco: :blobtaco: :blobtaco: :blob_cookie:

Well done! Now write the next one!

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
Anyway, I have a request. Can someone please call me a loser? Kinda need to hear the harsh truth
What a loser, heh.
Screenshot_20231005-062019_1.jpg

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
It'd be a real shame if someone hacked your account and deleted all the chapters.
You have back-ups off-site, right? I mean, I wouldn't want to suggest that the only copy of your story in its complete and edited form was on Scribble Hub, so that if something happened, it would be lost for all eternity and in the process make you paranoid.

I mean, that'd be a right shame if you suddenly realized that right now, at the moment where you are almost done, this would be the point to trip at the finish line and lose everything in some insane whacky set of coincidences. You'd feel compelled to drop everything and make a backup of everything you wrote, JUST TO BE SURE.

But you already have a backup of the latest version of everything off-site...

right?

Jemini

Editors must be the hardest working people on the planet.

Speaking as someone in an editing group, so long as someone gives you the google doc access, it's actually quite easy to make corrections as you read. Although, that is assuming a certain base level of competence in the writer in the first place.

(There's a reason real professional editors define multiple tiers of editing work, spelling and grammar correction being the lowest tier.)

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
It'd be a real shame if someone hacked your account and deleted all the chapters.
You have back-ups off-site, right? I mean, I wouldn't want to suggest that the only copy of your story in its complete and edited form was on Scribble Hub, so that if something happened, it would be lost for all eternity and in the process make you paranoid.

I mean, that'd be a right shame if you suddenly realized that right now, at the moment where you are almost done, this would be the point to trip at the finish line and lose everything in some insane whacky set of coincidences. You'd feel compelled to drop everything and make a backup of everything you wrote, JUST TO BE SURE.

But you already have a backup of the latest version of everything off-site...

right?
this right here, officer.

Jokes aside, it's that feeling of dread that keeps me posting everything on here, wattpad, belletristica, subscribestar, and I keep offline back ups on my pc and on an external drive.