Onomatopoeia's for the character catching their breath/panting?

DisillusionedNovice

i would just use something like "wheezing" sounds with complex meanings are hard to pull off correctly.
I can absolutely agree with that, it doesn't really sound like it'd be a challenge until you genuinely attempt to apply it. If nothing comes of this thread I'll probably do what you said, since the alternatives are few in number.

DisillusionedNovice

I'll be honest man, this sounds like rough anal than fatigue. Well, it's the same, but "wheezing from stress" just sounds more serious than "𝓗π“ͺπ“ͺ... 𝓗π“ͺπ“ͺ... 𝓗π“ͺπ“ͺ..."
I see your point, but I feel like the 'rough anal-ness' of it can be diluted by just adding an action after it. Some thing like
"Haa... Haa... Haa..." Gasped Gorthorax the Great, as he attempted to catch his breath.

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
I see your point, but I feel like the 'rough anal-ness' of it can be diluted by just adding an action after it. Some thing like
"Haa... Haa... Haa..." Gasped Gorthorax the Great, as he attempted to catch his breath.
The problem with that is that you have to resort to "as he attempted to catch his breath." to literally explain what the hell "𝓗π“ͺπ“ͺ... 𝓗π“ͺπ“ͺ... 𝓗π“ͺπ“ͺ..." meant in your case.

Unless you want to inflate your word count in that way.

Biggest-Kusa-Out-There

Futanari Enjoyer
Onomatopeia are not added to texts, but the action is described through words. You see, panting is voiceless, so is wheezing. Laughing, chuckling, giggling are not, since your *voice* comes out as HAHAHA. Deep breaths and sighs are also voiced, since you make a sound other than air leaving your lungs.

That is an action, not part of dialogue. If, for example, your character is wheezing so loud they make a sound that could be put in " ", then sure.

Gorthorax the Great burst in a fit of giggles that soon turned into wheezing as your wand malfunctioned, leaving you unable to cast any spell for the remainder of the night.

"That... hoo... sucks!" Gorthorax the Great managed to say between sharp gulps of air.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
What onomatopoeia's do you guys use for this?
Saying "Hah-hah-hah" or something similar sounds...off
I was hoping for some advice on what to use.
you either use the "Hah...hah..." thing or nothing. BEcuase onomatopoeia in novels just never really quite sound right. I rarely use it myself, i just describe the sound. LIke a screech, or a moan, or a puffing or panting of breath.
Sometimes I'll use "Su...su..." for a cute loli's sleeping noise. Like that cute little whistle they make when they breath out. But that's about it.