Patreon's new billing

Pujimaki

Padoru trash writer
New billing

So I just realized that there is a new option in my settings. It's about changing my billing from monthly (the first day of the month) to 30 days(where the patrons will be charged the same date they subscribed the next month.) I think Ko-fi already has this kind of method.

So for those who have Patreon or Ko-Fi, what do you think of this setting? Is it better, and have you tried it(though I think this setting is new)?

Last edited:

sage61

This settings might be good for your subscribers, but it can screw up your revenue as your money is now spread throughout the month randomly instead of your usual lump sum every 1st day of new month. Makes it harder to budget your income and expense

Pujimaki

Padoru trash writer
This settings might be good for your subscribers, but it can screw up your revenue as your money is now spread throughout the month randomly instead of your usual lump sum every 1st day of new month. Makes it harder to budget your income and expense
Thank you, I did not actually think of that, guess I'm stupid. Fortunately, I still did not change my settings. I guess I have to think of this thoroughly before I make a decision.

sage61

Thank you, I did not actually think of that, guess I'm stupid. Fortunately, I still did not change my settings. I guess I have to think of this thoroughly before I make a decision.
You're welcome. Nah, you aint stupid. It's totally normal to missed out on something and it's a smart move to post your query here. By posting here, we community helps each other to see the other side and broaden our view too.

WinterTimeCrime

Aggressive-Loving Snowflake
I find it a lot better and simpler since, formerly, depending on when a Patron subscribed, funds would've been paid and gathered at several points within one month. However, now it's all able to be collected in one month, which helps Patreon pages who thrive off of their funds, so they don't have to scramble and scrape everything together.

Though this change only aids newer pages, older pages may have patrons who wouldn't see the need to re-sub just to pay at the start of the month since this is something to help creators solely.

Pujimaki

Padoru trash writer
I find it a lot better and simpler since, formerly, depending on when a Patron subscribed, funds would've been paid and gathered at several points within one month. However, now it's all able to be collected in one month, which helps Patreon pages who thrive off of their funds, so they don't have to scramble and scrape everything together.

Though this change only aids newer pages, older pages may have patrons who wouldn't see the need to re-sub just to pay at the start of the month since this is something to help creators solely.
Thank you for your opinion. For now, I will wait at least a month to see if the result of this new billing is good. And I have to talk to my patrons too about this possible changes.

Premier

New billing

So I just realized that there is a new option in my settings. It's about changing my billing from monthly (the first day of the month) to 30 days(where the patrons will be charged the same date they subscribed the next month.) I think Ko-fi already has this kind of method.

So for those who have Patreon or Ko-Fi, what do you think of this setting? Is it better, and have you tried it(though I think this setting is new)?

It's much better, otherwise, people got screwed joining near the end of the month.
Thank you for your opinion. For now, I will wait at least a month to see if the result of this new billing is good. And I have to talk to my patrons too about this possible changes.

Luckily this change only affects billing for new Patreons, your current ones won't notice any change.

Last edited:

Erios909

Oh, that's a good change. When I was running my patreon this was always a huge headache with inevitable 'why was I double charged' people who subbed at the end of the month without understanding that would happen.