Poll: Have you ever..

Have you ever voted in a poll before?

• Yes

• No

• Sometimes

Results are only viewable after voting.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Watch it with that scummy politician stuff. We've got both sides calling the reasonable moderates of the other side the worst kinds of things already, we don't want to say anything to lend legitimacy to the mind-set of the kind of psycho who might actually make good on something like this.

It was just recently we had someone show up with an abduction and execution kit to the house of a Supreme Court justice. Things are getting seriously bad here.
Of course, if we're talking about actually going through with the public hangings, we're not going by the extremes. We're gonna go by people who had extensive presences in certain flight lists and papers; people moderates from both sides would agree have forfeited their cause to serve the people.

That's what reasonable me would say.

Personally, I hoped to see some bonfires in the form of some national architectures. With no fatalities of course; not accounting the ones that deserve it.

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
Yes; to bring back capital punishment and revert to public hangings.

The amount I'd pay to stone a scummy politician/filthy pedo as they dangle helplessly from a noose.
I say we bring back the gladiatorial arenas. If they can get people to part with £3k for a footie ticket, imagine the revenue generated when it's paedos and rapists and corrupt politicians!

BenJepheneT

I say we bring back the gladiatorial arenas. If they can get people to part with £3k for a footie ticket, imagine the revenue generated when it's paedos and rapists and corrupt politicians!
Do a Ninja Warrior esque competition but instead of a body of water below it's a moat of tar

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
That sounds very undemocratic, while voting is supposed to be a democratic practice. This seems weird to me, please clarify
It's a result of Australia's unique egalitarian culture. We're not as deeply and heavily rooted in 'individualist rights' culture like the US and UK are.
look at it this way: voter turnout in Aus has never gone below 90% in the century since voting was made compulsory and allows everybody to have their say with their vote (a part of our egalitarian culture) no matter your ethnicity, income or education level. compare that to the US where they're lucky to get 60% voter turnout once every few decades with the voter demographics skewing heavily to rich and highly educated as well as predominantly black or white. arguably, compulsory voting here in Aus results in a system closer to the definition of Democracy (by the people for the people) than in other comparative democracies.

for a better and further explanation, you can read this: https://www.abc.net.au/religion/bonotti-strangio-australian-experience-of-compulsory-voting/13531720

Jemini

Of course, if we're talking about actually going through with the public hangings, we're not going by the extremes. We're gonna go by people who had extensive presences in certain flight lists and papers; people moderates from both sides would agree have forfeited their cause to serve the people.

That's what reasonable me would say.

Personally, I hoped to see some bonfires in the form of some national architectures. With no fatalities of course; not accounting the ones that deserve it.
Oh yes. If you're talking about THOSE scummy politicians, I think any reasonable person can get behind this notion. Just saying, be a bit more specific when you're using language like that, because there are people out there who can get quite... err... liberal with their interpretation on who deserves to be lynched.

BenJepheneT

Oh yes. If you're talking about THOSE scummy politicians, I think any reasonable person can get behind this notion. Just saying, be a bit more specific when you're using language like that, because there are people out there who can get quite... err... liberal with their interpretation on who deserves to be lynched.
I think that goes for just about any discussion that even remotely revolves around sensitive subjects like these. We're just gonna have to be smart and choose who to listen and hopefully, divert the would-be cultists into normal society and not in a would-be shed in the middle of the woods that will be in possession of the CIA in its entirety.