Post no longer needed how do I remove it

Aaky

60% of clicks will come from the genre tags that you use. The other 40% will come from the cover and synopsis.

So don't feel bad if you don't do good on your first attempt. That just means you picked the wrong tags. Each website has their own demographic. Here, Gender Bender, LitRPG is king.

CL

So a friend of my suggested a novel series Ive been working has the potential to work really as a web series, but I'm not to sure if I can follow a routine for that aside from writing when I feel like it.
But I'm really tempted to give it a go, I have a story concept I'm planning for this to see if I can follow a routine and write a web series thing but dose anyone have any advice on how long chapters should be any other advice I should work on before starting the first chapter?

I just want to test the waters and see how this goes for me.
Hello and welcome. I believe you can become overwhelmed by the door greeters here, so may I suggest taking any advice you receive with a grain of... Sugar? Stay away from the salty ones, keep close to the sweeties.

Cookie? :blob_cookie:

We were recently discussing on the topic of chapter lengths here: How long should a chapter be?

DamoMartin

60% of clicks will come from the genre tags that you use. The other 40% will come from the cover and synopsis.

So don't feel bad if you don't do good on your first attempt. That just means you picked the wrong tags. Each website has their own demographic. Here, Gender Bender, LitRPG is king.
What if I mainly focus in the SciFi /adventure writing

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
How long your chapters are and how much time you can commit to it are totally up to you. Personally, I write a little bit in a paper notebook every evening before bed, type and edit later, and post a new chapter every 8 days. I like to rotate my days of the week, and posting every 6 days would be too much for me to handle. Pick a routine that works for you, though. Think about what you can stick to.

The most important thing is to have fun. Write what you love, and someone else will also love it.

Carlo.jpg

DamoMartin

How long your chapters are and how much time you can commit to it are totally up to you. Personally, I write a little bit in a paper notebook every evening before bed, type and edit later, and post a new chapter every 8 days. I like to rotate my days of the week, and posting every 6 days would be too much for me to handle. Pick a routine that works for you, though. Think about what you can stick to.

The most important thing is to have fun. Write what you love, and someone else will also love it.

View attachment 5751
I generally write around 3 thousand words when working on my stories I always like to keep things roughly short but not to short.

But otherwise routine is something I'll play around with

iamaducklingwriter

I generally write around 3 thousand words when working on my stories I always like to keep things roughly short but not to short.

But otherwise routine is something I'll play around with
If this can make you feel better and a little bit more confident.

Human, I write 1k per chapter and 2k is my limit (as of now). Its short, short lmao. Seeing that your average word count is 3k then you are already well equip with a bullet, you just need to shoot.

Yes, there are popular tags but if you're not interested in them, don't write it, but if you want to explore that tag then go write it.

Have fun writing! Quack

DamoMartin

If this can make you feel better and a little bit more confident.

Human, I write 1k per chapter and 2k is my limit (as of now). Its short, short lmao. Seeing that your average word count is 3k then you are already well equip with a bullet, you just need to shoot.

Yes, there are popular tags but if you're not interested in them, don't write it, but if you want to explore that tag then go write it.

Have fun writing! Quack
I will I'm gonna spend a week working on planning out my two projects I have an idea of what I'm gonna do and I'm gonna go for it.

I just need to flesh them out enough before writing

EternalSunset0

So a friend of my suggested a novel series Ive been working has the potential to work really as a web series, but I'm not to sure if I can follow a routine for that aside from writing when I feel like it.
But I'm really tempted to give it a go, I have a story concept I'm planning for this to see if I can follow a routine and write a web series thing but dose anyone have any advice on how long chapters should be any other advice I should work on before starting the first chapter?

I just want to test the waters and see how this goes for me.
Welcome! If you're worried about a routine, I would suggest having a backlog. Basically, write your stories in advance so you can just schedule updates and at least have an arc conclude before a hiatus. However, doing so also leaves you mostly unable to make major adjustments to the plot on the fly, so that's a downside to it.

Most web serials are being written on the fly, after all.

As for how long chapters are, I think the general "magic number" is give or take 3k each. I know a lot of people who prefer shorter chapters, but there are those who like longer ones. Probably find the sweet spot that you are comfortable with.

Good luck!

DamoMartin

Welcome! If you're worried about a routine, I would suggest having a backlog. Basically, write your stories in advance so you can just schedule updates and at least have an arc conclude before a hiatus. However, doing so also leaves you mostly unable to make major adjustments to the plot on the fly, so that's a downside to it.

Most web serials are being written on the fly, after all.

As for how long chapters are, I think the general "magic number" is give or take 3k each. I know a lot of people who prefer shorter chapters, but there are those who like longer ones. Probably find the sweet spot that you are comfortable with.

Good luck!
Good thing is I write generally 3k but I could always start with writing more then one chapter and go from there

DamoMartin

Thank once I have the timelines set in place I'll begin writing and posting when I can