Posting Fan Fictions here

onefluffyboi

It feels like a dumb question but tbh I'm the master at dumb questions. So here we go.

For context. This fan fiction is in question, I've already posted it to 3 other places. My reasoning for it is well... I kinda like seeing the number go up? Kinda gives me the motivation that people are waiting for each update and look forward to my writing.

So the real question here is... Does fan fiction do well here? Only because as far as I've seen, I'm mostly just seen original stories more than fan fiction and I was curious.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
It feels like a dumb question but tbh I'm the master at dumb questions. So here we go.

For context. This fan fiction is in question, I've already posted it to 3 other places. My reasoning for it is well... I kinda like seeing the number go up? Kinda gives me the motivation that people are waiting for each update and look forward to my writing.

So the real question here is... Does fan fiction do well here? Only because as far as I've seen, I'm mostly just seen original stories more than fan fiction and I was curious.
:blob_cookie: The fanfic environment here is generally amazing.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Don't matter.
Get gud.
good writing trumps all.

beast_regards

The Royal Road tends to have issues with fan-fics, not the Scribble Hub. There is a lot of fan-fics around, some could be popular, other less so, but that's usually have nothing to do with the work being fan-fics, just writing or simple luck.

AutumnPlunkett

Wattpad, RoyalRoad, Inkitt, ScribbleHub, WebNovel, and Archive Of Our Own all have things set up so people can submit fanfiction. There is also an audience on each of them for fanfiction, but they all have slightly different fanbases that are more popular than others. Wattpad seems to have a lot of K-pop and celebrity fanfiction, RoyalRoad sees a lot of superhero and Pokemon fanfiction making it big, etc. The quality of the writing and maintaining a regular update schedule is just as important with fanfiction as it is with any other writing. I'd say the only real issue sites like RoyalRoad actually take with fanfiction is that they don't allow you to monetize it by using Patreon or anything because it could get both you and them into legal trouble if they allow it. Otherwise, they have the same restrictions for all types of writing.

ikos

I haven't read any fanfics on SH, but if I found any for fandoms I follow, I would read them. On a wider scale, I know I've seen some AU fics perform very well, and get amazing ratings and readership.

prognastat

My best performing novel here is a fanfic. My worst performing one is also a fanfic. It just depends on the fandom and tags you’re writing for. Generally however I would say the SH community isn’t against fanfics at least.

ThatTwat3000

numbers 3 and 4 on Trending right now are both FanFictions.

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 11.11.24 PM.png

in fact, #9, #12, and #14 are also fanfictions