Powers/abilities based on the seven sins

Blackout

Worshipper of Chin Chin the Dark Lord
I need some inspirations please. Like when you think of wrath you think of raging flames, and so on.

vish

Legendary Member
The breserk of gluttony manga might be a good inspiration for you.

HOW TO KILL A GODDESS OF ANOTHER 'EARTH'
how to kill a goddess of another 'earth'.jpg

SailusGebel

Just don't make gluttony's ability to absorb other abilities, grow more powerful via eating, etc.

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
Just don't make gluttony's ability to absorb other abilities, grow more powerful via eating, etc.
For gluttony we can give it something like upchucks power from ben 10 (can devour anything eg- enemy spells, sharp knives, creepy animatronics with dead kids inside etc and shoot back an energy blast for which the power is based on what was devoured)

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
For gluttony we can give it something like upchucks power from ben 10 (can devour anything eg- enemy spells, sharp knives, creepy animatronics with dead kids inside etc and shoot back an energy blast for which the power is based on what was devoured)
For Envy we can use ability steal :)
For Pride, the more you bullshit your power level successfully, the more powerful you actually become
For Greed, the ability to accumulate attributes using an obscene interest system- using attributes as a currency and acting the Devil, making deals with souls(the entirety of one's accumulated essence perhaps?) on the line, or just giving people power through attributes and taking back with interest.
For Lust.... fuck, fuck, and fuck some more, you all know the drill
and now im out of ideas and lazy to try anymore

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
All sorts of things. For instance;

Pride: Anyone weaker than me becomes fully powerless in my presence. "The weak may not stand before me."
Wrath: Increase all stats proportional to how many enemies have damaged you and are still alive. "You're all pissing me off!!"
Gluttony: Able to straight up eat anything. Gain abnormal levels of hyper-regeneration briefly after each meal. "I want to keep eating, no matter how much my food fights back."
Greed: Transform gradually into a dragon as you hoard greater amounts of wealth. No upper limit. You can literally be more than 100% Dragon. "Mine, mine, and MIIIIINE!"
Lust: Make people allied with you more attractive, the more people they sleep with the more souls you gather. Souls uhh, do something. Dunno. "I'm a pimp, and I got souls for bling!"
Sloth: The ability to take a nap during the day.
Envy: The more you desire something, the harder you will try to destroy that which currently possesses it. But you'll likely destroy the very thing you wish to claim for yourself. Preferably with an actual Destruction/disintegration effect. "I want what you have, and I'll get you outta the way whatever it takes!"

strayCat0

Other
The Lazy King's seven deadly sins' power system is the most interesting imo. The power is crazy, but it's all about what define them. Some may get happier the more they embody their sin, yet some may actually become deranged, pitiful, or even depressed.

Sloth: The more you don't do anything, the crazier your defense is until you basically become immortal. And each time you do something, you become much weaker even as slight as moving your limb.
Envy : Copy everything but only a certain degree. Your classic jack of all trades, master of none. They don't desire power, they desire what they don't have.
Pride : As long as you find your opponent weaker than you, then you'll get almost infinite power. But you only need one time to feel inferior then you become the weakest demon in that world.
Lust : The most powerful illusion magicians you can find. Lust of sexual action is just one of many things.
Gluttony : Eat. You become more powerful just so you can eat more and until everything. The most vile demons. It's only a matter of times until you become a serving if you serve under them (no pun intended).
Greed : The ability to hoard everything with your hidden spatial storage magic (even for such abstract concept including memory etc). As long as you desire something to be yours, it drives you forward.
Wrath : Sometimes, simplicy is the best, and you know what it is.

Last edited:

TheOneWho

Lust-Shape shifting: As the sin mostly associated with erotic action. The power to shiftshape allows the user to full fill any partners desires. You will never be able to truly love yourself.

Pride-SKILLS: As the sin of all about being better than others. How about the power to get very good at doing anything you do. Still need training, but won't every stop growing. You will never feel accomplished with your actions.

Wrath- Burning rage: As the sin of destruction and pain. The power to summon forth flames that burns as hot as your rage. Only damaging the target of said rage. You can never truly experience peace.

Gluttony-Over indulgence: As the sin of excess, the power to never have enough. Working like immunity in a way. You can't ever have "enough" damage to kill you. You haven't eaten enough. The poison isn't enough to harm you. To never truly have enough. You will always be wanting more.

Envy- I want to have what you have: As the sin that can be seen as the same as wanting. The power to mimic anyone else's skills and abilities. But you can never be better.

Greed- Eye of the beholder: As the sin of want. What better power than the ability to see the value of something to a person. For a fisherman a fish would have little value, but to a starving child, it's worth more than gold. You can never be satisfied.

Sloth- Never truly awake: What better power for sloth, them the ability to never truly need to do anything. To experience reality in your sleep. Sending projections of yourself to live your life in your place. You will never feel like you truly lived those experiences.

Hope this helps, and tell me what you think.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Well, here is my take then, instead of the standard "add the effects to yourself", why not have the ability to cast it on your foes?

WRATH: Casting Vicious Mockery on said target to induce a state of rage, increase said target's strength (which in turn also cause burnouts) and decrease said target's intelligence and wisdom. Effects stack with each successful mockery.

GREED: Induce the basic instinct of said target, increase aggression level steadily (like how young masters hate CN MCs).

GLUTTONY: Inhibits the satiety of target, leading to overconsumption.

PRIDE/ LUST/ ENVY: Basically same as GREED

SLOTH: Reduces target's motivation by sapping it away/ stealing it to reinvigorate oneself.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Lust requires not only the power of attraction but also endurance. If you're going to please certain people or please several in a row, you need to swing those hips for hours on end.

Layenlml

Lust is always sex, sex and sex so if you want something unique reproduction, like a bee or ant queen having strong soldiers the stronger her partner, Meruem in ant arc of HxH is an example.

You can also mix Sins and Virtues. Like having someone lustfull strengthen her/his partner based on their feelings.

Sloth person acumulating power by doing nothing and wining by simply throwing '100' non-stop to his enemies intead of having skills or tactics.|| also doing something like summoning which is 'letting other do things for you'. slaver master also fits.

Pride could be a ruler or a charismatic person based on his 'fame' and how much people believe in him, something like gods where faith make them stronger but with popularity.

Gluttony could be like Merlin of nanatsu no taizai where she wants to devour all the knowled she can get.

Last edited:

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Calamity of Tomorrow has a bunch of things that are aligned with the seven sins theme, the below baidu link is all chinese text and MTL it is shit. https://baike.baidu.com/item/明日之劫/23367433

For example, being lazy allows him to gain stats points, him lazing and lying down grants Zhao Bai insane defense. Being poor (no shoes, no shirt) grants him insane speed and him being a bragger grants him insane attack strength.

MyukiMruieast

Departure of Motivation led me to want water
If sloth, the user would be lazy and the more lazy they are, the more powerful they get. But there would be a downside, the user would become slow in both reaction and actions. Despite having a powerful attack and such, their body would hang and lag because of the power inside the body is too much to handle.

If wrath,the user would most likely use flames (that's not new) but the number of anger accumulating inside the user would be how much power they'll show depending on how angry they get. It could also be a power to shake earths(use earth magic). The only downside is that they go berserk (lose ability to think)

If lust, the more revealing their clothes are and the number of intercourse they've went into would multiply with their power. The downside is that one's mind would be occupied by lust - consuming the user and man them crave for it each time.

If pride, the more followers they have, the more powerful they become, mostly I their power should be light (can also be flames) and the such kind. Downsides leads to overestimating oneself and underestimating enemy.

BruisedInk

How about a psionics theme:

Pride - mind over matter, the ability to endure what others dish out and act like its nothing
Wrath - I like the idea of a power that simply escalates things, fire burns hotter, blows hit stronger, sounds become deafening
Lust - Rather than the sex route, an ability to mess with people's inhibitions, you WANT your boss's new sports car, why don't you go and take it! Why should you have to guard this entrance? No one comes this way anyways so go take a nap!
Sloth - Telekinesis, why think of something better when this works, why get up to get a drink, why move at all?
Envy - psychometry, the ability to read objects, maybe gain skills through them. Use a master's paintbrush to have their talents for the arts, or some old sword from ancient times for something more lethal
Greed - probability manipulation, a real gambler always cheats
Gluttony - absorption, taking on the qualities of things around you and applying them to your aura. borrow the sharpness of your enemy's blade and give yourself a sharp quality? maybe something less conceptual and just absorb the heat of things and freeze people like cryokinesis

alternatively, you could just mix it up in a different way. Sloth originally had nothing to do with laziness but was more of discouragement. The sin was discouraging others from cultivating their personal relationship with God. That was confusing to the peasantry though so I guess it changed over time.

Lorelliad

call me Roamer 🎩
I'll order this in order of the Palaces from Persona 5. I'll start with Lust.

Lust doesn't mean sexual urges only. It can also mean an extreme desire to obtain something. But yeah, movies/games/books these days portray it as more of a sexual thing. I'll go a different route and say the more the user desires for something to happen, then his/her powers change to best allow them to get what they want.

I'll add an extra one here and include Vanity, though its up to you to choose whether to add that in. Vanity itself is "excessive pride in or admiration of one's own appearance or achievements.
I'll say that the larger the achievements one has accomplished, then the stronger he gets.

Gluttony is often shown as the more you eat type of ability, or as being able to steal the abilities of someone. This makes people who have this skill usually have a lot of skills.
I'll do the latter and allow the user to steal them but the more they have, the less efficient they'll be with them.

Wrath is well, pretty simple. Its just an angrier version of mad. So the effects should also be simple. Stats increase in proportion to how intense the user's emotions are. Even bigger if the emotion currently being felt is akin to anger.

Next is Greed. Greedy people, they want everything. And so will the user. Greed grants a passive of raking in more positive effects from items. We want more though. Ability to steal.

Envy is when we lack someone else's quality. Im out of ideas here so I'll let you think about that one.

Too lazy to do Pride and Sloth, but if I made it shorter, then I'd make Pride's effects somewhere along the lines of narcisissm. Sloth would be the less you move, the stronger yoi get.