Procrastination Novel!

Thraben

So. I've started yet another of a steadily growing collection of documents in my file folder I call 'procrastination novels'.

It works like this: You start a project. Get really, really invested into properly planning and editing and preparing that project, and then-

You open a new document, you dump your half-baked, barely thought-out, derivative, cheesy, unoriginal junk food ideas into that document, just two pages of space to spam out all the stuff you don't want tainting your primary project.

Somehow, whenever you hit a wall, you end up walking around outside in your yard, or staring at your youtube playlist, or rewatching a show you haven't seen in six years, and something clicks.

You've been spending more time actually writing in your junk food document than you have been in your main project document. You're having more fun and receiving more muses writing something you've self-identified as being secondary and lesser, something you didn't plan the future of or have any intention of it being a proper story at all.

Congratulations! You've got a procrastination novel! Satisfaction Guaranteed!

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
So. I've started yet another of a steadily growing collection of documents in my file folder I call 'procrastination novels'.

It works like this: You start a project. Get really, really invested into properly planning and editing and preparing that project, and then-

You open a new document, you dump your half-baked, barely thought-out, derivative, cheesy, unoriginal junk food ideas into that document, just two pages of space to spam out all the stuff you don't want tainting your primary project.

Somehow, whenever you hit a wall, you end up walking around outside in your yard, or staring at your youtube playlist, or rewatching a show you haven't seen in six years, and something clicks.

You've been spending more time actually writing in your junk food document than you have been in your main project document. You're having more fun and receiving more muses writing something you've self-identified as being secondary and lesser, something you didn't plan the future of or have any intention of it being a proper story at all.

Holy shit. Did you sneak into my castle? For stealing into my castle and watching me, you must be executed.

Thraben

Holy shit. Did you sneak into my castle? For stealing into my castle and watching me, you must be executed.
I didn't sneak in I swear! and the watching part...

Look if you leave the door unlocked you can't really blame me!

It's practically my house too if you don't take the necessary precautions to keep me out!

Hopper

Intruding Person's account, yes.
When a moron forgot about the door, their excuses:

Every intruder in a nutshell:

It's practically my house too if you don't take the necessary precautions to keep me out!

doravg

137/4001 (finally counted the stories)
Congratulations, you are pantsing! (Well, half pantsing, but still.)

QuercusMalus

A bad apple...

I thought about doing something like this, but decided I'd do it later...

ThatTwat3000

I didn't sneak in I swear! and the watching part...

Oh my god, is this the start of a romcom I smell?

1717797398082.png