Professinal authors on Scribble Hub, how do you make a living?

Daichi

Authors are human too with needs so I am curious how do web authors make money?

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
The majority of literature Nobel Prize winners were born rich with substantial financial resources. So I guess that is an option.

Reactions: Owl

Polarize4777

I don't think you can make a living on here unless your novel is so good and have a high population of readers, plus the fact that you are really good at pumping out chapters to stock up. Patreon can make it work, but otherwise it is very hard for me to see anyone making a living out of this unless you are like some of the authors on Royal road lol.

Mihou

Firefly—
I don't think you can make a living on here unless your novel is so good and have a high population of readers, plus the fact that you are really good at pumping out chapters to stock up. Patreon can make it work, but otherwise it is very hard for me to see anyone making a living out of this unless you are like some of the authors on Royal road lol.
As Polarize said, the chances of you making a living from writing here is very low.

There are some authors with large patreon supporters though.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
If yall aint making a living through writng, the question dont apply to you. We all know making a living slwith writing is hard. That doesnt matter, stop telling the dude what he already knows. He is addressing any writers here who HAVE BEEN making a living through writing, if there are any here at all.

kira

If yall aint making a living through writng, the question dont apply to you. We all know making a living slwith writing is hard. That doesnt matter, stop telling the dude what he already knows. He is addressing any writers here who HAVE BEEN making a living through writing, if there are any here at all.
A little harsh..:sweating_profusely: I guess I won't answer since I can't even stockpile some chapters to start a patreon:blob_facepalm: haha...

Polarize4777

A little harsh..:sweating_profusely: I guess I won't answer since I can't even stockpile some chapters to start a patreon:blob_facepalm: haha...
LOL, that gave me a good laugh!! Thanks for the comment and I am with you on the writing issues.

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
The only one I know who is making a living via writing on SH is 4064 and Ace Arriande, and that's via patreon and posting on a lot more than just SH.

So yes, there are some here.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Eh. Sorry if it came out that way. Im just blunt, you know? Dude wants specific advice or knowledge and us keep telling him the difficulty of making a living via writing aint exactly giving him what he asked for.

That aside, dude i feel you. I gotta be honest sometimesni lie to my readers when im reslly late with a chapter.

"Oh uh...you all thought i was just smokingbweed and jacking off, bu AHCKTUALLY I really been STOCKPILING CHAPTERS! expect a new chapter every day this coming week!"

And frantically write chapters every day on the spot. I mean i can get one done in a couple hours but im a lazy cunt so i end up pulling late nighters

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Most webnovel authors don't make a living from it... It's not impossible though.

Here are the usual methods of making money from a novel:

1) A patreon with advance chapters.
2) Self-publishing on Amazon or whatever.
3) Signing a contract with a publishing company and getting them to publish your book.

Those are basically the only 3 methods. Most people in webnovel communities choose the first 2.
And AFAIK, the majority of their earnings usually come from E-book sales and not from Patreon.