Progressive chapters

Edit

• Total voters

Narcissistic_loser

Aiming to be a better person.
Should I edit my Chapter 1? I've always wondered, it's my first story and I'm improving every chapter on grammar and just the way the character talks(mostly by putting my self in his situation talking to the air) but I had an idea that why dont I just not edit it? Since if I had a reader that was reading since Ch1 till the latest of my chap he'll be rewarded seeing that I've come a long way actually improving bit by bit per chapter, I actually stopped using Quillbot and other programs to write since i feel a little confident in my writing now(Stopped at Ch6) while English is my third english language I actually think I can do decent just like right now that im talking to air, what do you think should i actually edit it or just go with my idea.

EDIT:
Oh yeah if u are wondering how bad my
chapter 1 is I'll put the link here
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/682333/reincarnated-as-the-archmages-son/

Last edited:

KrakenRiderEmma

Edit it for language, to improve grammar and flow, but don’t change the content other than minor details. I think it’s good policy to polish up earlier chapters while assuming that anyone reading the latest chapter could have read either the old version or the new version… so you don’t want to change anything that could change what happens later on!

Narcissistic_loser

Edit it for language, to improve grammar and flow, but don’t change the content other than minor details. I think it’s good policy to polish up earlier chapters while assuming that anyone reading the latest chapter could have read either the old version or the new version… so you don’t want to change anything that could change what happens later on!
I think I'll actually do this good idea ,😈 I'll just make an announcement that im editing for this week and procrastinate.

Narcissistic_loser

Some people won't read past a bad first chapter, but they'll forgive mistakes later on, when they're invested in the story.
I actually edited it 😂 just minor tweaks i went crazy when i saw my reader count got -1 from a perfect even number, even though i know i had 7 new readers and it just felt weird