Proof that multiple highly popular authors are botting to boost view counts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simo

A lazy sloth
This here? This is not a realistic view graph, unless you're genuinely telling me that Akaichi has ten thousand fans in literally every time zone who can provide him a flat 10k views round the clock except for immediately after the server clock resets:

Look at the other 25 top stories, and you'll see exactly the same shit.
And here I though my occasional 3000-4000 was impressive

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
IMG_20240208_204407.jpg

Paul_Michaels

Just a below average author.
This here? This is not a realistic view graph, unless you're genuinely telling me that Akaichi has ten thousand fans in literally every time zone who can provide him a flat 10k views round the clock except for immediately after the server clock resets:

Yeah... If this isn't a joke post then this sounds like a MEGA cope post.

:blob_popcorn:

bulmabriefs144

I'm not sure I get what is "proof" here? 5.5k readers. Figure only 1 in 5 people make an account, posts 1 or 2 times a week would be between 25000 and 50000 views for just the dedicated readers. For the new readers there is almost 500 chapters to binge over a week which easily makes up the difference.

Graph looks like other popular story graphs, but different numbers, implying that certain days do, in fact, have higher readership.
No, it's nonsense. There's a kinda narrow window of when something displays on a page under latest updates, unless you somehow pop up on the Trending section. Realistically, unless you already have followers, it's not gonna have a long enough window if it's a real book. Now, if it's serialized like a webnovel, then yes it can have thousands of chapters, and by that point, you will have a following. But some stuff seems to trend from day one. As comparison, I have actively tried to plug Oracle of Tao (see, I'm doing it right now!) and not gotten anywhere near the views.

KrakenRiderEmma

On rereading your post, you do realize that the bottom of that graph is date, not hours right? They get between 10k and 16k views a day, not an hour.
My first reaction to the OP was… what?! How do I get an hourly traffic graph like that?

My second was… oh wow. That’s the daily graph. Wow that’s embarrassing, facepalmaxxing

Voidiris

Gaze into the abyss to truly see?

It's hilarious how everybody just waits for the drama and like one person has even argued.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
Ork Thread.jpg

OP, i dont suppose you noticed that the peaks coincide roughly with the release of a new chapter?
so, the user stats say that 4846 have the novel on a list marked as 'reading'. that's only registered accounts. you could reasonably assume that for every registered account, there is 2 or 3 'guest' visitors that are unregistered. accounting for a bit of variation, it's not unreasonable that that the novel could hover around 10k average pageviews. depending on how the pageviews are counted, it could probably be done with even less readers.

Last edited:

Tyranomaster

Guy who writes stuff
No, it's nonsense. There's a kinda narrow window of when something displays on a page under latest updates, unless you somehow pop up on the Trending section. Realistically, unless you already have followers, it's not gonna have a long enough window if it's a real book. Now, if it's serialized like a webnovel, then yes it can have thousands of chapters, and by that point, you will have a following. But some stuff seems to trend from day one. As comparison, I have actively tried to plug Oracle of Tao (see, I'm doing it right now!) and not gotten anywhere near the views.
Is your argument here that some stories have managed to become more popular than yours so they cheated?

Paul_Michaels

Just a below average author.
Firstly, he's been posting chapters since December 2021 and has been writing chapters ever since. So, he's been building up a audience for a long time and he has over 400 chapters.

Secondly, the subject matter of his novel has value to readers, so if a new reader stumbles upon his work he will have someone giving him 400 views in however fast they can read it.

Thirdly, getting your stuff posted on trending doesn't give you a mega boost in viewership. My work has never been in trending and I'm doing fine.

Final thoughts:
You shouldn't be looking at his works at the surface level. Because if you go to whatever new chapter. You'll find his readers commenting on the plot and other banter that are in the hundreds.

To get where he's at you have to put in a lot of dedication, time and patience. Learn from your mistakes and hopefully you get lucky enough to catch audience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.