Resolved Publishing troubles

Yuuyakizami21

I've published a story, an original story which has been going on for 2 chapters now, but somehow it won't appear in latest stories, search or even my own list of series. However strangely, I can still update it.
The title of the series is "Tale of Kurenai Shido"

lambchap

Hmm... A few new authors have been asking this same question. I think Tony-sama needs to put a notification or whaddya-call-that-info-info thing that tells authors "new series are manually approved." ooooor there's already this kind of thing but I completely missed it when I published my two (hiatus) series since I already know it needs to be manually approved... Hmm

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Hmm... A few new authors have been asking this same question. I think Tony-sama needs to put a notification or whaddya-call-that-info-info thing that tells authors "new series are manually approved." ooooor there's already this kind of thing but I completely missed it when I published my two (hiatus) series since I already know it needs to be manually approved... Hmm
There is a pop up that tells you about it and IIRC this information is on the FAQ as well.

lambchap

Yeah, it's on there. Read it the first time I posted a story. Not many people take the time, I guess.
They'd never know it if they accidentally agreed to pay for Winrar.
Like how I agree on "Terms and Conditions" without reading the entirety of it. Lol

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Like how I agree on "Terms and Conditions" without reading the entirety of it. Lol
Not comparable, one pop up takes 5s to read, terms and conditions take a few minutes.

Skipping a giant text that will take you some minutes to read and that you are more or less aware of what it says anyways is a pretty common attitude due to laziness... Not and ideal attitude of course, but since TOS are basically the same almost everywhere, you usually are fine ignoring it.

Skipping a small pop up that appears in front of you and that provides information that you actually care about OTOH is... Unwise.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Not comparable, one pop up takes 5s to read, terms and conditions take a few minutes.

Skipping a giant text that will take you some minutes to read and that you are more or less aware of what it says anyways is a pretty common attitude due to laziness... Not and ideal attitude of course, but since TOS are basically the same almost everywhere, you usually are fine ignoring it.

Skipping a small pop up that appears in front of you and that provides information that you actually care about OTOH is... Unwise.
Was that little 3 second pause before unwise necessary? It makes it sound... too important to live without... xD

D

Deleted member 45782

Perhaps. It may be annoying, but recommend just slapping a quick guide book on the user's create dashboard. This way before they create chapter and go asking the question why haven’t they seen it yet, they see this default guide first and flip through it.

Its not just bolded slightly bigger italicized font, but its big; literally a block on their dashboard you should not be able to miss. Just a thought, for those who may disagree, it actually might help. Especially if they forgot the guidelines after reading it, or can't find it bc they didn't dig enough through page(s).
As many have probably done. Which is also is not smart. Even if you forget the terms and services, always read to make sure you won't be cheated/scammed/used on. Thats how people find WebNovel contracts are shitty deals.

I think not many people pay attention to the footer which list terms and services; the help center on the footer also has the reading list and faq.

One thing I would like to point out though is that it can take some time digging to find the content guidelines. It only shows in under content warning when on a series' Details. I do not see see this specific page linked anywhere on the Sh main page unless I specifically google ScribbleHub Guidelines. The closest thing is Terms and Services though Content Guidelines is actually a different page than Terms and Services. Terms and Services is viewable in the footer of ScribbleHub. Content Guidelines is not in the footer and, unfortunately, is not even linked on the faq. While you should already see this if you have an actual series created, this may be useful since you occasionally see people on SHF asking what kind of content is allowed.

But there's also the very first message on ScribbleHub that addresses this faq (it Does Not link to content guideline pages though, only help center which has reading lists and faqs). Many people like to jump right in because they think they can get on with it right away. That or its not painted in Big Bold letters for them.

Last edited by a moderator: