Question About Story Relation(Solved)

Valmond

Now, I generally understand this. However, I have a bit of a dilemma down the road. You see, how my series order goes. Is,

Book 2

Book 3

Book 1

Naturally, Book 2 is the prequel to Book 1. Book 3 is the sequel to the prequel. After the events of the third book. It fasts forward to after the ending of the first book to conclude the series. My problem is, how will I exactly label this? I can definitely do ‘Prequel’ for Book 2. However, if I do ‘Prequel’ for Book 3, it might not make any sense...

Will the better option be, to classify it as a spinoff to Book 2?

This is the closet I can think of it working rationally. What do you lot think? How will that specifically be classified?

This problem has been solved.

Last edited:

The_Long_Serpent

Eccentric Creator
Now, I generally understand this. However, I have a bit of a dilemma down the road. You see, how my series order goes. Is,

Book 2

Book 3

Book 1

Naturally, Book 2 is the prequel to Book 1. Book 3 is the sequel to the prequel. After the events of the third book. It fasts forward to after the ending of the first book to conclude the series. My problem is, how will I exactly label this? I can definitely do ‘Prequel’ for Book 2. However, if I do ‘Prequel’ for Book 3, it might not make any sense...

Will the better option be, to classify it as a spinoff to Book 2?

This is the closet I can think of it working rationally. What do you lot think? How will that specifically be classified?
I would personally switch the order of 1 and 2, but that is just my opinion.

Valmond

I would personally switch the order of 1 and 2, but that is just my opinion.
Negative, every single detail has been crafted carefully. Switching even a slight thing such as the order will destroy the story itself. I would have to rewrite the entire series as to have it flowing consistently again.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Negative, every single detail has been crafted carefully. Switching even a slight thing such as the order will destroy the story itself. I would have to rewrite the entire series as to have it flowing consistently again.
This arrangement sounds almost convoluted. Is there any reason you've crafted the order this way? It's not as bad as Capcom's abysmal ordering of their Devil May Cry series(very few things could ever be this bad) but it's still kinda weird.

Valmond

This arrangement sounds almost convoluted. Is there any reason you've crafted the order this way? It's not as bad as Capcom's abysmal ordering of their Devil May Cry series(very few things could ever be this bad) but it's still kinda weird.
Specific reason, the first book is supposed to show the reawakening. Giving a good feel on who the main is, leading onto showing that they are the enemy. At the same time, neither being good nor evil. Simply someone who is following their desires, extending a hand to others. The reader will gain just enough to see that they are a driven character, but also remorseful as well. They will have a general idea of why they are viewed as the enemy, but also a conflicting point on why they are a morally conflicted character. Driven on their selfish desires, but at the same time, able to carry the hopes and dreams of others. This book is the fruits of their efforts, giving bits of information throughout. While leaving the ending open ended, but also conclusive in a way. The pausing point.

The second book now dives into the beginning of the story. This book here clarifies on much of the points of the first book. Though specifically how they become an abomination, what leads to this, the reasoning on why. This book expands on those loose ideas of the first one, concentrating it. The second book is the darkest days in the main’s life. Revealing why they are such a morally conflicted character. Why they are neither good nor evil, leading up to how they are branded as the Bringer of Demise. The first book simply gives a look on what happens when they reawaken. The worlds in ruin in short. Since they will never stop until their desire becomes a reality. Anyway, in this book, towards the end. They decide to do something selfless for once. Giving up their selfish desires in order to give everyone else a future. Hence sealing themselves away with the antagonist of this book.

The reason for this order between the first and second as well. You never know the main’s true name directly until the second book seventh chapter. This is done specifically to really emphasize more on the point, that they are a character that eternally fights. Information is given both deceptively as well as truthfully. Since there are events in the past tailored in specific ways as to view it through the recollection of the main. At the same time, taking advantage of this same format to give the events truthfully, making the readers have to use critical thinking to differentiate at an earlier time. For the first seven chapters of the second book. The readers notice there are discrepancies in the main’s memories. This is intentional of course. Looking back to the first book now, the readers can further connect, and identify easier that it is a similar scenario. Since, the main’s memories are messed up. Difference is, in the second book. Their memories are mixed in with another’s.

Connecting both books again. The first book, despite embracing who they are, they do try to right the wrongs they have done. This further connects, and gives a much better view. Strengthening the struggles they go through. To be able to right the wrongs they have done. At the same time, connecting once again, they will push ahead. Each book consistently follows through on each other. Moving onto the third book and the relevance of this.

Which is where the main antagonist forcefully awakens them, but seals their memories. Between chapters seven to eleven if I remember correctly. They enter a state of temporary awakening. Which they regain their power for a set period of time. This is to further connect the first and second book. That they are a character that will constantly rise, a character that really only knows how to survive. At the same time, it gives a good grasp into many conflicting emotions. wrath, greed, envy, etc. This book also expands on scenes from the first book thoroughly. If I had flipped it, it would simply be a rerun, rather than an expansion. This third book is to show the final phases, what pushes them the rest of the way. What leads to the events of the first book. Why they are viewed as the enemy, why their memories are gone. The first book mentions, that a promise was made to erase, only until the day they are ready to face up to their countless sins will they remember. Their desires lead the worlds to ruin. However, allowing them to grasp their deepest desire, while also breaking the endless cycle, giving everyone a future.

Connecting point between all books? They may be selfish, they may have selfish desires. However, no matter how many times they are knocked down. They will rise back up stronger than before. The first book links to both Book 2 and 3. Book 3 connects to Book 1 and 2. Book 2 connects to both Book 1 and 3. They constantly bounce ideas off of each other.

If I shift the order of the books. I will effectively have to rewrite the first book. Delete most of the third book, and rewrite this entirely. As well as delete about half of the second book, and rewrite it. Then have it flow in order. It will be structurally a mess, since there are many points I will have to revise and rewrite. The first book is designed as the ending, but a gateway into the series. The main conflict exists in the past. The first book is the post conflict, but gives a good idea on what the main conflict has been. As well as giving an idea of what the goal of the main is.

The second book pushes the story into the main conflict, revealing clearly what the main’s goal is. What leads to them becoming the Bringer of Demise. The final book is the conclusive book, that connects all of the books, ultimately showing what leads to the birth of the first Iconoclast.

Also, it is not weird as well. Let us take Insidious, the movie begins in the present, continues in the present, but decides to go to the past to continue the narrative to expand on Elise’s life. Similarly, my series begins in the present, but goes to the past, continuing the narrative to expand on the main’s life. It is a form of storytelling.

After the events of the final book, it picks up after the ending of the first book to conclude. Which makes it a lot more fulfilling. Since at the end, the main realizes they are never truly alone. All of those events throughout the series comes into play once again. Since the main has fully awakened once again, their enemies are well aware of them, all coming together for one final war. Which is where you see some from the living, and many more from the dead coming to the aid of the main. The lead extended a hand to all of them, giving them a voice. So they are finally repaying the favor, pulling them out of their pit of despair.

If I told it in chronological order. I would effectively have to rewrite everything. I will even have to expand the number of chapters. The beginning of the second book will have been slow, rather than getting pretty much into the action right away. The third book would have created many conflicts in the first book. Which will have to be cut, or severely minimized and rewritten as to not be redundant. The connecting point will have been less impactful, also possibly easily forgettable. I also did it this way to really have the messages sink in.

At the end of the third book. I put the timeline in order, as well as the verses on the book covers are in order in the final monologue of the series. Which throughout the series these have been in variations. It is also designed in a way of being a puzzle, but as more information surfaces, it becomes easier and easier to understand. Since the reader will constantly be keeping track of information. Which brings me to my next point, the main plot is always kept consistent, this is for the purpose of constantly keeping the theme in check.

The way it is told as well always keeps a level of fear in check. The readers will wonder what happens at the end of the first book. It looks like it will end on a good note. However, the many conflicts in that book alone will draw them into the second. As they read the second, they will learn of why those events in the first is possible. Then moving onto the third, they will know what lead to the events of the first book.

To conclude, my intention overall. Is to give readers a story that not only challenges their ability to think, but also a deeply immersive narrative. Constantly keeping them at the edge. With that ending being open, it gives them an incentive to move on. This turned out much longer than I thought it would. Anyway, that is the short version.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Specific reason, the first book is supposed to show the reawakening. Giving a good feel on who the main is, leading onto showing that they are the enemy. At the same time, neither being good nor evil. Simply someone who is following their desires, extending a hand to others. The reader will gain just enough to see that they are a driven character, but also remorseful as well. They will have a general idea of why they are viewed as the enemy, but also a conflicting point on why they are a morally conflicted character. Driven on their selfish desires, but at the same time, able to carry the hopes and dreams of others. This book is the fruits of their efforts, giving bits of information throughout. While leaving the ending open ended, but also conclusive in a way. The pausing point.

The second book now dives into the beginning of the story. This book here clarifies on much of the points of the first book. Though specifically how they become an abomination, what leads to this, the reasoning on why. This book expands on those loose ideas of the first one, concentrating it. The second book is the darkest days in the main’s life. Revealing why they are such a morally conflicted character. Why they are neither good nor evil, leading up to how they are branded as the Bringer of Demise. The first book simply gives a look on what happens when they reawaken. The worlds in ruin in short. Since they will never stop until their desire becomes a reality. Anyway, in this book, towards the end. They decide to do something selfless for once. Giving up their selfish desires in order to give everyone else a future. Hence sealing themselves away with the antagonist of this book.

The reason for this order between the first and second as well. You never know the main’s true name directly until the second book seventh chapter. This is done specifically to really emphasize more on the point, that they are a character that eternally fights. Information is given both deceptively as well as truthfully. Since there are events in the past tailored in specific ways as to view it through the recollection of the main. At the same time, taking advantage of this same format to give the events truthfully, making the readers have to use critical thinking to differentiate at an earlier time. For the first seven chapters of the second book. The readers notice there are discrepancies in the main’s memories. This is intentional of course. Looking back to the first book now, the readers can further connect, and identify easier that it is a similar scenario. Since, the main’s memories are messed up. Difference is, in the second book. Their memories are mixed in with another’s.

Connecting both books again. The first book, despite embracing who they are, they do try to right the wrongs they have done. This further connects, and gives a much better view. Strengthening the struggles they go through. To be able to right the wrongs they have done. At the same time, connecting once again, they will push ahead. Each book consistently follows through on each other. Moving onto the third book and the relevance of this.

Which is where the main antagonist forcefully awakens them, but seals their memories. Between chapters seven to eleven if I remember correctly. They enter a state of temporary awakening. Which they regain their power for a set period of time. This is to further connect the first and second book. That they are a character that will constantly rise, a character that really only knows how to survive. At the same time, it gives a good grasp into many conflicting emotions. wrath, greed, envy, etc. This book also expands on scenes from the first book thoroughly. If I had flipped it, it would simply be a rerun, rather than an expansion. This third book is to show the final phases, what pushes them the rest of the way. What leads to the events of the first book. Why they are viewed as the enemy, why their memories are gone. The first book mentions, that a promise was made to erase, only until the day they are ready to face up to their countless sins will they remember. Their desires lead the worlds to ruin. However, allowing them to grasp their deepest desire, while also breaking the endless cycle, giving everyone a future.

Connecting point between all books? They may be selfish, they may have selfish desires. However, no matter how many times they are knocked down. They will rise back up stronger than before. The first book links to both Book 2 and 3. Book 3 connects to Book 1 and 2. Book 2 connects to both Book 1 and 3. They constantly bounce ideas off of each other.

If I shift the order of the books. I will effectively have to rewrite the first book. Delete most of the third book, and rewrite this entirely. As well as delete about half of the second book, and rewrite it. Then have it flow in order. It will be structurally a mess, since there are many points I will have to revise and rewrite. The first book is designed as the ending, but a gateway into the series. The main conflict exists in the past. The first book is the post conflict, but gives a good idea on what the main conflict has been. As well as giving an idea of what the goal of the main is.

The second book pushes the story into the main conflict, revealing clearly what the main’s goal is. What leads to them becoming the Bringer of Demise. The final book is the conclusive book, that connects all of the books, ultimately showing what leads to the birth of the first Iconoclast.

Also, it is not weird as well. Let us take Insidious, the movie begins in the present, continues in the present, but decides to go to the past to continue the narrative to expand on Elise’s life. Similarly, my series begins in the present, but goes to the past, continuing the narrative to expand on the main’s life. It is a form of storytelling.

After the events of the final book, it picks up after the ending of the first book to conclude. Which makes it a lot more fulfilling. Since at the end, the main realizes they are never truly alone. All of those events throughout the series comes into play once again. Since the main has fully awakened once again, their enemies are well aware of them, all coming together for one final war. Which is where you see some from the living, and many more from the dead coming to the aid of the main. The lead extended a hand to all of them, giving them a voice. So they are finally repaying the favor, pulling them out of their pit of despair.

If I told it in chronological order. I would effectively have to rewrite everything. I will even have to expand the number of chapters. The beginning of the second book will have been slow, rather than getting pretty much into the action right away. The third book would have created many conflicts in the first book. Which will have to be cut, or severely minimized and rewritten as to not be redundant. The connecting point will have been less impactful, also possibly easily forgettable. I also did it this way to really have the messages sink in.

At the end of the third book. I put the timeline in order, as well as the verses on the book covers are in order in the final monologue of the series. Which throughout the series these have been in variations. It is also designed in a way of being a puzzle, but as more information surfaces, it becomes easier and easier to understand. Since the reader will constantly be keeping track of information. Which brings me to my next point, the main plot is always kept consistent, this is for the purpose of constantly keeping the theme in check.

The way it is told as well always keeps a level of fear in check. The readers will wonder what happens at the end of the first book. It looks like it will end on a good note. However, the many conflicts in that book alone will draw them into the second. As they read the second, they will learn of why those events in the first is possible. Then moving onto the third, they will know what lead to the events of the first book.

To conclude, my intention overall. Is to give readers a story that not only challenges their ability to think, but also a deeply immersive narrative. Constantly keeping them at the edge. With that ending being open, it gives them an incentive to move on. This turned out much longer than I thought it would. Anyway, that is the short version.
Thank you for the especially detailed response. I appreciate it. And I didn't intend to come off as aggressive so if I did, my apologies. Enjoy writing it.

Valmond

Thank you for the especially detailed response. I appreciate it. And I didn't intend to come off as aggressive so if I did, my apologies. Enjoy writing it.
Nope, I understand. That was just the short version. I did not even get into the finer points.