Questions about Pen Tablets

• Thread starter Deleted member 54065
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 54065

First, I'd like to ask if anyone here is using Wacom One Graphic Pen Tablet (small).

Second, how big is it? How's the performance?

Third, how long are you using it?

Let me explain why I asked these questions, when I can simply go to youtube and watch reviews. One reason is, my net is kinda problematic today, and I can't play YT vids for some reason.

Also, see, I've used Huion Inspiroy. Lasted for a year, prolly because it got affected when we had our house renovated. My room was also renovated, and some dust might've got in the ports and destroyed the internal circuits.

After Inspiroy, my sister lent me her VEIKK graphic pen tablet. Lasted for almost 8 months before it began acting up. See, there's a region in my computer screen where the cursor would 'jump', and it annoys me greatly while coloring my art. So I thought, maybe I should buy new tab then.

So I bought a XP-Pen tablet. August 2022, and now is December. Today, same problem I had with my VEIKK happened to my XP-Pen, though in a different spot on the screen. Same frustration though.

Long story short, I'm fucking tired of other brands of pen tablets not lasting me a year or less. So I got my phone and ordered a Wacom One (the cheapest at the moment in their store).

Addendum: I've used Wacom Intuos before, and not only my experience is great, the tablet lasted for six years...breaking down only after I lent it to some asshole 'friend' of mine.

Thanks for your answer, guys!

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Looks like the bamboo or the intuos series :blob_hmm_two:

wacom Tablets are like nokia phones, can’t go wrong if you want something long lasting

Never used that particular model, but I was never disappointed with wacom quality so far (went through intuos 4 M, intuos draw, intuos pro). It will always react when the pen is near.

Drivers are also easily installable and recognized by the pc and programs. In terms of compatibility wacom is on top.

I manhandle my Tablets often and they still work fine. The nib consume could be a bit higher than other brands though. (I don’t care and still use those chapped off nibs.)

If you ordered S size then it will fit easily into your bag and on your desk. The cheaper series from wacom are pretty light weight. Their pen is also light as a feather.( I’m comparing intuos and intuos pro. )

While the new standard is 8k pressure points, most people won’t be able to tell the difference between 2k, 4k, or 8k anyway.

D

Deleted member 54065

Looks like the bamboo or the intuos series :blob_hmm_two:

wacom Tablets are like nokia phones, can’t go wrong if you want something long lasting

Never used that particular model, but I was never disappointed with wacom quality so far (went through intuos 4 M, intuos draw, intuos pro). It will always react when the pen is near.

Drivers are also easily installable and recognized by the pc and programs. In terms of compatibility wacom is on top.

I manhandle my Tablets often and they still work fine. The nib consume could be a bit higher than other brands though. (I don’t care and still use those chapped off nibs.)

If you ordered S size then it will fit easily into your bag and on your desk. The cheaper series from wacom are pretty light weight. Their pen is also light as a feather.( I’m comparing intuos and intuos pro. )

While the new standard is 8k pressure points, most people won’t be able to tell the difference between 2k, 4k, or 8k anyway.
Imma buy that Wacom then. Fecking tablet just broke after this art.

Pauline Maria dela Ramos Web.jpg

tiaf

Imma buy that Wacom then. Fecking tablet just broke after this art.

View attachment 16474
Niiice.

Now I’m very concerned about the quality of other brands. After all I wronged my tablets a lot. (managed to spill milk and water on my tablet not only once and they still worked fine, have it lie in the corner collecting dust for several weeks, or simply letting it fall down while cleaning my room) :blob_whistle_two:

D

Deleted member 54065

Niiice.

Now I’m very concerned about the quality of other brands. After all I wronged my tablets a lot. (managed to spill milk and water on my tablet not only once and they still worked fine, have it lie in the corner collecting dust for several weeks, or simply letting it fall down while cleaning my room) :blob_whistle_two:
Huion is good. It's cheap, and while its performance can't be compared to my old Wacom Intuos, it gets the job done better than I expected from a non-Wacom pen tablet. Fell on the floor a dozen of times, too. Would've lasted me more than a year probably, if those workers in our house did their job properly. (I also lost a few 'physical' illustrations due to their carelessness)

XP-Pen would've been a better alternative to Huion, for it's pretty much cheaper for the same performance. However, its durability (I only leave it on my desktop whenever not in use) is doubtful, as it only lasted me less than four months before it started acting up.

VEIKK is also good, especially on the working screen (in XP-Pen, you'd have to pick-up where your 'cursor' lost contact with the stylus while VEIKK's default setting puts the entire monitor on the tablet, so when you put the stylus on the top-left or top-right corner, the cursor does so, too). However, eight months was all it took for that tablet to show signs of 'skipping',and it's hard for me to work on illustrations with the cursor going haywire.

tiaf

Huion is good. It's cheap, and while its performance can't be compared to my old Wacom Intuos, it gets the job done better than I expected from a non-Wacom pen tablet. Fell on the floor a dozen of times, too. Would've lasted me more than a year probably, if those workers in our house did their job properly. (I also lost a few 'physical' illustrations due to their carelessness)

XP-Pen would've been a better alternative to Huion, for it's pretty much cheaper for the same performance. However, its durability (I only leave it on my desktop whenever not in use) is doubtful, as it only lasted me less than four months before it started acting up.

VEIKK is also good, especially on the working screen (in XP-Pen, you'd have to pick-up where your 'cursor' lost contact with the stylus while VEIKK's default setting puts the entire monitor on the tablet, so when you put the stylus on the top-left or top-right corner, the cursor does so, too). However, eight months was all it took for that tablet to show signs of 'skipping',and it's hard for me to work on illustrations with the cursor going haywire.
Someone once wondered why I didn't get a XP display tablet for the price I paid for my wacom.

Well, now I got the answer.

D

Deleted member 54065

Someone once wondered why I didn't get a XP display tablet for the price I paid for my wacom.

Well, now I got the answer.
You can always refer them to this answer of mine. I changed tablets three times in the span of years 2020-2022.