Questions for SSSC!

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
First time encountering a picture prompt..

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
What is the provenance of the image? The artist's name, the license they released it under, etc.?

After the contest is over, I'd like to repost my story elsewhere, and I'm wondering if I'd have the right to repost the image with it, and in any case I'd like to give credit to the artist who inspired it and link to their site.
The artist is https://www.deviantart.com/000fesbra000/art/Israfil-494871075. From what I saw in their comment section, you can post their image but they don't want it to be part of any sales.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
So like... what is that thing in the picture in the first place? A demon? A god? A mecha? A shadow? Someone's mom? Won't be able to join unless I know what it is defined as. I can just claim that it's my desk and write about my desk because my desk do have stars on it.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
So like... what is that thing in the picture in the first place? A demon? A god? A mecha? A shadow? Someone's mom? Won't be able to join unless I know what it is defined as. I can just claim that it's my desk and write about my desk because my desk do have stars on it.
The whole point of the picture prompt is how you show your representation of the picture in a story. It's your own take and how you see the picture. Of course, you must at least able to explain how your story is related to the picture.

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
When's the judging and how will it work

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
The whole point of the picture prompt is how you show your representation of the picture in a story. It's your own take and how you see the picture. Of course, you must at least able to explain how your story is related to the picture.
With something so vague, you just know this is going to be a shianshia story fest. While it's fine if that's the aim, Ai-chan personally believes that a writing prompt should be something more narrow to bring authors out of their comfort zone, such as providing a genre or a theme. Of course, this is just my opinion. While Ai-chan won't join this time, Ai-chan may join a similar prompt in the future. All the best to all joining the prompt.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
When's the judging and how will it work
I included in the information, and for now since I'm doing this alone I decided it would be a poll vote. Hopefully, in the future, we would have people who volunteer to be judges. The poll would start after all entry has been entered and last for 1 week.

With something so vague, you just know this is going to be a shianshia story fest. While it's fine if that's the aim, Ai-chan personally believes that a writing prompt should be something more narrow to bring authors out of their comfort zone, such as providing a genre or a theme. Of course, this is just my opinion, though while Ai-chan won't join this time, Ai-chan may join a similar prompt in the future. All the best.
That's too bad. If you change your mind then feel free to enter.

Of course, this was just the first attempt with the competition, future competition would change depending on your feedback. I don't expect this to go without any problem so right now it's a learning experience.

Ophious

I included in the information, and for now since I'm doing this alone I decided it would be a poll vote. Hopefully, in the future, we would have people who volunteer to be judges. The poll would start after all entry has been entered and last for 1 week.

That's too bad. If you change your mind then feel free to enter.

Of course, this was just the first attempt with the competition, future competition would change depending on your feedback. I don't expect this to go without any problem so right now it's a learning experience.
If you ever need help I'm open

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
If you ever need help I'm open
I will definitely consider that the next time we do another competition. Hopefully, by then we would have a panel of judges.

Ophious

I will definitely consider that the next time we do another competition. Hopefully, by then we would have a panel of judges.
Well hopefully by then more migrate here

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Might do this. Might not.
*can't decide*
X

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
@TwilightForest the whole idea of the prompt is for you to use your imagination. As long as you are using the prompt in a way that is fitting then that is fine. Just make sure you can argue why your story fit the prompt

FallingLeaves

So we can take the prompt as something other than Israfil, because this picture sure doesn't look like Israfil to me that much.

Well then, challenge accepted. I'll turn it into whatever I can.