Readers Block or Having Trouble with Plot Progression?

SMwrites

Hi Guys,

If you're having readers block or trouble with plot progression, feel free to leave a description of your story, the area of story or plot point your having issues with, and what goal you would like to accomplish with the plot point and I will give suggestions on how you can go forward with your story.

I don't really need anything in return, but if you decide to incorporate my suggestions into your story, please briefly credit me in the synopsis of your book.

Of course, you don't have to use my suggestions if you don't want to.

Good Luck!

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I'm going to put this in a spoiler in case any fans stumble upon this.

I've got a world where all religions are true. My protagonist and her harem of men started a new pantheon, so now the antagonists are other gods/goddesses. My protagonist got pregnant with one child fathered by all of her lovers, and Hera didn't like that, so Hera cursed the fetus. My protagonist needs to defeat Hera to lift a curse, and so now I'm gearing up for a final boss battle against Hera. My goal is to have my protagonist interact with deities from several different cultures and learn a skill or receive a gift from each one that ultimately proves useful in the final boss battle. You can read what I have so far with the Virgin Mary. Please leave me a one-star rating while you're at it 😇

I have a lot of unpublished stuff, too. My protagonists learn teleportation from Iktomi, and I like how I've drafted that. Before I gave birth and lost my spare time to write, I wrote a scene with a bunch of Wiccans that's really all just talk about trauma and trust. A deity that Hera tricked shows up and shares her knowledge, but that scene doesn't have the spark I'm looking for.

I'm also looking forward to writing some Tibetan Buddhist stuff where they meet the Dalai Lama and do a favor for him by rescuing the Panchen Lama, but I'm still not sure what the reward for that quest should be.

I'd like to work in some African and South American spirituality as well, but I'm not sure where to start there. That's going to require more research.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

I've got a world where all religions are true. My protagonist and her harem of men started a new pantheon, so now the antagonists are other gods/goddesses. My protagonist got pregnant with one child fathered by all of her lovers, and Hera didn't like that, so Hera cursed the fetus. My protagonist needs to defeat Hera to lift a curse, and so now I'm gearing up for a final boss battle against Hera. My goal is to have my protagonist interact with deities from several different cultures and learn a skill or receive a gift from each one that ultimately proves useful in the final boss battle. You can read what I have so far with the Virgin Mary. Please leave me a one-star rating while you're at it 😇

I have a lot of unpublished stuff, too. My protagonists learn teleportation from Iktomi, and I like how I've drafted that. Before I gave birth and lost my spare time to write, I wrote a scene with a bunch of Wiccans that's really all just talk about trauma and trust. A deity that Hera tricked shows up and shares her knowledge, but that scene doesn't have the spark I'm looking for.

I'm also looking forward to writing some Tibetan Buddhist stuff where they meet the Dalai Lama and do a favor for him by rescuing the Panchen Lama, but I'm still not sure what the reward for that quest should be.

I'd like to work in some African and South American spirituality as well, but I'm not sure where to start there. That's going to require more research.
I like how its titled "Virgin" and yet she seeming had a fucking train ran on her from what i gather here

K5Rakitan

I like how its titled "Virgin" and yet she seeming had a fucking train ran on her from what i gather here

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Well fuck now that just makes the entire immaculate conception thing utter nonsense then. Whats the point if she isnt a virgin? No wonder three random dudes showed up at her child's birth with presents.

K5Rakitan

Well fuck now that just makes the entire immaculate conception thing utter nonsense then. Whats the point if she isnt a virgin? No wonder three random dudes showed up at her child's birth with presents.
That's pretty much how it works for the Aché in Paraguay.
I take "immaculate" to mean "without sin," and sex isn't sinful in my book, so we can leave the rest up to our imaginations.

Varstark

Always found the New Testament super shifty. Like, Joseph probably kicked Mary out after finding out she was pregnant and Jesus grew up with a single mother. It's a bloody miracle he grew up to be the man he did. Or maybe it was because he grew up as a child of cuckoldry he got used to social hardship.

SMwrites

So, which is the part that you're having trouble writing? Do you need suggestions as to how you can improve the scene in which the deity that Hera tricked shares her knowledge? If so, what do you want the scene to convey? Sadness? Shock? Any other emotion?

K5Rakitan

Always found the New Testament super shifty. Like, Joseph probably kicked Mary out after finding out she was pregnant and Jesus grew up with a single mother. It's a bloody miracle he grew up to be the man he did. Or maybe it was because he grew up as a child of cuckoldry he got used to social hardship.
Don't you remember the part where an angel convinces Joseph to stay?
So, which is the part that you're having trouble writing? Do you need suggestions as to how you can improve the scene in which the deity that Hera tricked shares her knowledge? If so, what do you want the scene to convey? Sadness? Shock? Any other emotion?
The Wiccans are excited that there's a new goddess in town, so they've invited her to a summer solstice ritual hosted by an all-female coven. However, they're nervous because they've never really had the chance to speak up close and personal with a goddess. My protagonist is also nervous because she's never done anything like this before either, but she's going with the flow. It gets sad when everyone starts talking about their past toxic relationships and stuff. Another deity shows up, shares her story about how Hera tricked her, and the final lesson is about being careful who you trust, but trusting those who deserve trust.

I can probably work in a moment where Hera tries to manipulate them and they need to trust each other in the final boss battle, but I'd like something a bit more . . . flashy. It can't be too OP, though. I'm looking to collect a bag of tricks they can use, not one big trump card.

I'm also looking for more rewards that can be taken from other encounters with deities.

Anyway, all my drafts are handwritten. I know I'm going to fix up a bunch as I type, and I may come up with better ideas as the final boss battle takes shape in my mind, too.

Last edited:

Varstark

Don't you remember the part where an angel convinces Joseph to stay?
Not even a divine being is gonna convince a man when he's gonna go scorched earth on a ruined marriage, especially when he got NTR'd by their top dog. Fire, brimstones, food multiplying and water-walking aside, there's only so much embellishment I can take.

Or maybe that's why Jesus grew up to be a chad, after seeing how much of a cuck his own dad was. Lessons in mistakes and all that.

K5Rakitan

Not even a divine being is gonna convince a man when he's gonna go scorched earth on a ruined marriage, especially when he got NTR'd by their top dog. Fire, brimstones, food multiplying and water-walking aside, there's only so much embellishment I can take.

Or maybe that's why Jesus grew up to be a chad, after seeing how much of a cuck his own dad was. Lessons in mistakes and all that.
Who hurt you?

Varstark

Who hurt you?
?

Dunno how you're taking this convo, but I was joking about Joseph being an NTR protag and the bible being mum about it. It's likely the most inaccurate part of Jesus' parenthood (edit) birth. No self-respecting man stays after that. Men are known to commit suicide over stuff like paternal fraud.

Was always pretty funny to me how the largest religion in the world celebrates a story where a dude gets cuckolded by god.

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Men are known to commit suicide over stuff like paternal fraud.
My husband and I talked about that before we got married since I'm polyamorous. He said that he would accept an "oops baby" from another man as long as it was the result of a broken condom or something along those lines. I also avoid sex with extramarital partners while ovulating, too. Thanks to the pandemic, we know our baby came from my husband. I texted both of my boyfriends from my husband's phone in the labor room since mine didn't get reception in the hospital.

Varstark

My husband and I talked about that before we got married since I'm polyamorous. He said that he would accept an "oops baby" from another man as long as it was the result of a broken condom or something along those lines. I also avoid sex with extramarital partners while ovulating, too. Thanks to the pandemic, we know our baby came from my husband. I texted both of my boyfriends from my husband's phone in the labor room since mine didn't get reception in the hospital.
Congratulations, glad you found an exception who fits your circumstances.

Statements about demographics talk about the rule, not exceptions.

K5Rakitan

Congratulations, glad you found an exception who fits your circumstances.

Statements about demographics talk about the rule, not exceptions.
Yes, though exceptions are more common than many people are led to believe because exceptional people are often demonized.

Varstark

Different types of sexuality are given pretty free leeway nowadays, actually. It's been a progressively sexually freer world since WW2 in the Anglosphere, over seventy years in the making, so we can begin to say with confidence that it's an exception.

K5Rakitan

Different types of sexuality are given pretty free leeway nowadays, actually. It's been a progressively sexually freer world since WW2 in the Anglosphere, over seventy years in the making, so we can begin to say with confidence that it's an exception.
I agreed that it is an exception in my previous post.