Readers vs Views

JHY

Wuddup. I'm new to the site, and am curious about how the stats work. How accurate is the "readers" stat? Is it possible to read a story, adding to the total views, without registering officially as "reading"?

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Readers: those who follow your story.
Views: those who have looked at your story or page.

All of these are accurate but they are updated every so many hours. I can't remember how many though.

ACertainPassingUser

If I'm gonna assume that anyone wants the trick for getting lots of view,

Just Post EVERYWHERE.

Scribble Hub, Royal road, Space Battles, etc.

Even don't forget to post on AO3, Wattpad, Fanfiction.net, and your own website.

Or even Syosetsu. Nobody should stop you from posting English novel there.

As long there's more coverage, there will be more view naturally.

And make sure to register on Patreon with 30 chapter ahead.

Jemini

If I'm gonna assume that anyone wants the trick for getting lots of view,

Just Post EVERYWHERE.

Scribble Hub, Royal road, Space Battles, etc.

Even don't forget to post on AO3, Wattpad, Fanfiction.net, and your own website.

Or even Syosetsu. Nobody should stop you from posting English novel there.

As long there's more coverage, there will be more view naturally.

And make sure to register on Patreon with 30 chapter ahead.

I know of exactly 2 people I've seen who have a patreon with more than 20 chapters ahead.

The biggest writers with the largest patreons all seem to be around 15-20 chapters ahead on their patreon.

beast_regards

Likes is the number of likes your story received. I.e. if 13 people liked your 1st chapter, and 1 person liked 2nd chapter, and 0 liked 3rd chapter, its 14 likes in total.

Views is number of clicks you attracted. It includes people who clicked on your story on sheer curiosity, and left afterwards, but also those who stayed and read your every chapter. It counts people who never made an account too, since it is the number of times your story was displayed.

Readers are the people who follow your story, i.e. the most accurate number of readers your story actually has. People don't have accounts, are lurking, and not receiving notification do not count there.