Real Names Reloaded

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
It’s time to bring back an old thread, courtesy of @SailusGebel

Giving names to story characters is always hard, but have you ever wondered how hard it was for your parents naming you? Or do you know where your name comes from? Why not share it?

Of course, you don’t need to share your real name, but it would be interesting to hear what do you all think of your names! Do you like it? Does it have a unique meaning? Some extra story behind it?

I’ll start;

My real name is Viktor. I was named by my father after the main villain of the Highlander movie. Yep, he loved villains and I am named after one. And I wouldn't have it any other way!

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
It’s time to bring back an old thread, courtesy of @SailusGebel

Giving names to story characters is always hard, but have you ever wondered how hard it was for your parents naming you? Or do you know where your name comes from? Why not share it?

Of course, you don’t need to share your real name, but it would be interesting to hear what do you all think of your names! Do you like it? Does it have a unique meaning? Some extra story behind it?

I’ll start;

My real name is Viktor. I was named by my father after the main villain of the Highlander movie. Yep, he loved villains and I am named after one. And I wouldn't have it any other way!
My name is not a bad name. Got nothing against it. Just want something else that's a bit more personalized for me.

SailusGebel

This part is from the previous thread. My father insisted on naming me after a character from a movie. I do think my name fits me, but at the same time, it's weird. This part is new. My name has Greek origin.

Tyranomaster

Guy who writes stuff
My name was one of the most popular in my birthyear. Dodged a bullet though. My parents really liked MacGyver and almost named me Angus. Given my dad raises Black Angus cattle, that would have upset me probably.
My middle name, and most middle names on my paternal side, are ancestral first names, which I think is pretty neat.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
My name was one of the most popular in my birthyear. Dodged a bullet though. My parents really liked MacGyver and almost named me Angus. Given my dad raises Black Angus cattle, that would have upset me probably.
My middle name, and most middle names on my paternal side, are ancestral first names, which I think is pretty neat.
*bites stitched lip* This puppet cannot handle just how humorous that would have been. Just think of the puns, man. They would be... beautiful~

SailusGebel

Just think of the puns, man.