Recent tv series/movie/game/web novel/novel you liked

Scribbler

What you've been watching/playing/reading recently.

tv series: Saiki Kusuo - pacing is a tad too quick but the writing is pretty good.
movie:
game: Disco Elysium - love talking to the townspeople and seeing how they view things and their personalities.
web novel: Death March - perfect balance of slice of life and level grinding
novel: Musashi - love the contrast of personalities to the mc and everyone he meets

D

Deleted member 29316

TV Series: I don't watch TV.
Movie: Didn't watch any.
Game: Frostpunk
WN: N/A
Novel: Children of Hurin

AryaX

Game: Terminator Resistance... is one fairly recent, positive game experience that comes to mind....

While its hardly the best game I have ever played, it is definitely by far the best Terminator game I've ever played...

LordAstrea

Catgirl Addict
Game: "Sekiro Shadows Die Twice" (I'm a Dark Souls nut)
Web Novel: I guess "Release That Witch" counts? A very interesting isekai story with a solid translation. I don't usually get into online reading much, but that one was recommended to me by a reader.
Novel: "The Line Between" by Tosca Lee. A pretty original pandemic-type story involving dementia and a doomsday cult.
TV series/movies: I really don't watch much. I can't remember the last movie I watched. Lol. I started watching "The Boys" on Amazon and an anime called "Vinland Saga."
Oh, I see Disco Elysium in this thread. Always meant to play that sometime. Maybe on another sale. XD

EternalSunset0

Currently watching some airing anime. I don't know which one I'll pick from the current season, so I'll just say that I'm enjoying Talentless Nana, KimiSen, and the second season of Mahouka from the current season.

As for games, I've been playing some Shadowverse (anyone playing it?) but I've been playing it for years so I dunno if it counts? Also alternating between AoKana and Date a Live Rio Reincarnation for VNs. I also play Osu and Bang Dream for rhythm games when I'm not pseudo-whaling for the SAO mobage (Rising Steel)

Novels... not counting translated LN... probably gonna start on Dan Brown's Origin since I like his works and it's the next one I have yet to read.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
This:
It's so rare to find a good story about polyandry. I'm absolutely thrilled that this has also been holding steady as the top-ranked comic on the site. It truly deserves the honor.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Lately I've been reading City of Sin and Monarch of Evernight. Both webnovels by Misty South.

Extremely surprised how decent they are considering they are Chinese and I usually find more things to hate than like in CN's.

DreamOfRen

Helstrom.
River City Girls
Redo Of Healer (can't say i like it. its just more of shock value and morbid curiosity at this point)
Jujutsu Kaisen
And currently reading Monster Tamer book 2.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
What you've been watching/playing/reading recently.

tv series: Saiki Kusuo - pacing is a tad too quick but the writing is pretty good.
movie:
game: Disco Elysium - love talking to the townspeople and seeing how they view things and their personalities.
web novel: Death March - perfect balance of slice of life and level grinding
novel: Musashi - love the contrast of personalities to the mc and everyone he meets
TV Series: Um...I've watched 4/8 episodes of His Dark Materials. I'd read the books when I was little, and was deeply disappointed by the film cos of how much they changed the plot. This TV series seems to be sticking close to the books, though, which is a pleasant surprise.
Game: The most recent game I started playing was the first chapter of King's Quest. A quirky game with a sense of humour about things the player does.
Web novel: Hmm...I mean, I haven't read for about 1 1/2 years so...
*thinks*
The last one I read was probably rereading Quickly Wear The Face Of The Devil for the third time.
Novel: Hmm...again, it's been quite a while since I've read stuff...much more for a physical novel...if you're meaning published, that is.
*blows a raspberry as she tries to think*
I think I read the first page of Jurassic Park and then stopped cos I wanted to watch the film again first, then I watched the second and fourth one after, then forgot to read the book.
orz
So, if that counts, then...that?
As for completely finished...hmm...I think it was a supernatural romance novel I bought for the Kindle. No idea what it was called since it was so long ago now.
*kind of got too into reading web novels to read published ones*
>w<

[Edit:] I forgot the most recent film I watched: The Muppets Christmas Carol

X

Queenfisher

Bird?
tv series: Deutschland 86 (i don't know why I do what I do. It had Blue Monday on the OST and Major Tom on the opening so automatically :blob_aww:

movie: Iron Giant (just felt like it ^^)

game: MTG simulators (I miss it so much :blob_teary:)

web novel: unless it's from SH, don't remember the name lol. Some badly-translated BL from NU, probably. I don't even consider reading them most of the time because they can get very repetitive and I can't remember when one novel ends and the other begins... they start blurring after a while...

novel: Genji Monogatari (ewwww)

anime: I haven't seriously watched any for a long time, actually. The last one would be... Naruto for research ^^.

Last edited:

EternalSunset0

I think I read the first page of Jurassic Park and then stopped cos I wanted to watch the film again first, then I watched the second and fourth one after, then forgot to read the book.
orz

X
I've always wanted to read the book. I just read spoilers, plot summaries, and such, but actually reading it is a different experience. Looking at the film-book comparisons, I think that I will like the film better, but I still want to read it :blobthumbsup:

thedude3445

TV: She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, which is the perfect action-adventure/isekai/romance type story and it didn't get NEARLY popular enough for how great it is. I'd rank it as my #3 or #4 Western animated series ever.

Movie: The most recent movie I've watched for the first time and really enjoyed was The Trial of the Chicago 7 which is a legal drama about the 1968 riots. It's really fun for, uh, people who like legal dramas.

Game: I am addicted to Super Mario Bros. 35

Web Novel: Everyone, please read Synth

Novel: The novella The Lifecycle of Software Objects by Ted Chiang absolutely blew me away, though it wasn't that recent.

BlissyMKW

TV Series: It's been a long time since I last watched TV.
Movie: Haven't watched a movie in a while, either
Game: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
WN: A bunch
Novel: Shield Hero

bafflinghaze

TV: The King's Avatar!!!!
WN: Death Progress Bar
Now I don't play games anymore, but I doo see a lot of pretty art and content from Hades and Genshin Impact, and I listen to their OSTs now haha