Implemented Reduce prominence of long-inactive novels (without "finished" status) on similiar series

Reisinling

As in title. One of the most commonly recommended novels among those with tags "non human protagonist" and "non humanoid protagonist" are "I, who identified as an Attack Helicopter as a joke, reincarnated as one." and "You Reincarnated as a Cursed Sword", both of which have been inactive for half a year.

I'm not saying they should be banned from the recommendations altogether, it would just be nice if novels that are inactive were not recommended as often (and I'm saying this as a reader more than an author, it bums me out every time I see something interesting, click on it... only to find out it has been dropped)

Flashwolf96

For so many words, I wouldn't be surprised. That's a lot of work just to get one chapter done, planning and writing.
It really is... :sweating_profusely:

But actually, it's not impossible if you have the motivation and time for it. I used to upload around 10k words per chapter every couple of weeks, and once managed to completely finish a chapter that was nearly 20k words in only one week, while I was sick no less. It was satisfying to be able to tell self-contained stories within each chapter, but yeah that kind of workload isn't really worth the payoff to me since it's hard to maintain for long periods.

D

Deleted member 45782

It really is... :sweating_profusely:

But actually, it's not impossible if you have the motivation and time for it. I used to upload around 10k words per chapter every couple of weeks, and once managed to completely finish a chapter that was nearly 20k words in only one week, while I was sick no less. It was satisfying to be able to tell self-contained stories within each chapter, but yeah that kind of workload isn't really worth the payoff to me since it's hard to maintain for long periods.
True. It all depends on the writer.

hauntedwritings

As in title. One of the most commonly recommended novels among those with tags "non human protagonist" and "non humanoid protagonist" are "I, who identified as an Attack Helicopter as a joke, reincarnated as one." and "You Reincarnated as a Cursed Sword", both of which have been inactive for half a year.

I'm not saying they should be banned from the recommendations altogether, it would just be nice if novels that are inactive were not recommended as often (and I'm saying this as a reader more than an author, it bums me out every time I see something interesting, click on it... only to find out it has been dropped)

• Feature update: The 'Similar Series' function located in the series page should be able to find similar series a lot better than the old one. Also, novels that hasn't been updated in the past 90 days will no longer show here.

Yes, Tony made changes.

Does the changes also affect completed novels? Because I agree, that you feel bummed out when you find an interesting story and find out that it was dropped when it's incomplete.
If the stories have been marked as completed by the author however, then I see no problem with it being recommended - in fact, it should be.