Recommendations Reference for Xanxia

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
Anybody know where I can find a list of martial levels and the like as reference for writing Xanxia?

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
Anybody know where I can find a list of martial levels and the like as reference for writing Xanxia?
If you want some references, you can try to read Martial World, be it for the cultivation realms or any other reference such as techniques, soul realm, contracted beasts, forging, inscriptionist, formation master, etc.......

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
:blob_hmm:There is an actual logic? I always thought they are made up on the spot.
It depend if it's written by chinese authors or not and if it's Xianxia, Wuxia or Xuanhuan.

There a logic behind Xianxia and Wuxia written by chinese authors, the first few realms are often the same and came from their culture often taken from taoism, budhism, and they include traditional chinese medicine in it.

SailusGebel

God how the mighty have fallen. The new chapter system is inconvenient but the real reason I lost interest in wuxiaworld is the amount of shitty novels they pick to license and translate.
The moment they did the first chapter system change I abandoned the site. I don't know what kind of novels they picked up since then.

3guanoff

Make sure you match your levels and cultivation system to your moves. Western Xianxia cultivation novels are usually hilarious because they mix up different schools without world-building reasons. E.g. you have a Daoist Chan school disciple of the Lord of Primordial Beginning using moves inspired by the Mahāyāna Chan (Zen) school. While they may both be called Chan in English, these are completely different.

Picking the names for your cultivation levels is only the first step. If you are not interested in making it authentic, it is better to just do your own thing and name the levels yourself.