Reincarnated as clothing ?

EleanorVanRosaelle

If anyone is interested by the idea, I think it might be a really fun concept for a story. The closest I found was "reincarnated as a sword", close, but not enough T_T

I'm not confident in being able to write anything as good as what I would like read... So my only hope is that someone is willing to take up the challenge !!

I don't have any preference considering the type of story, except that I'm not fond of BL.

May my words inspire you ~
Love 💜

RaidenInfinity

One who draws catgirls

EleanorVanRosaelle

I guess it does count yes !! Thanks :)
Even if I was more thinking of a complete outfit than just an accessory or piece of undergarment ahah !

tofu_moon

Hmm.. if it was a cloak like Dr.Strange’s it may be interesting!

or a suit of armor?

Stratothrax

I've seen reincarnated as a fork and reincarnated as a stone but not clothing.

The kill la kill anime is the only thing I can think of that comes close, although it's not reincarnation but simply sapient clothing. If you haven't seen that then it's worth checking out.

mostlyharmfulll

TeaMate since day 1
Was gonna write such a story in few months, with a cloak as the object.
Funnily enough, I had plans for a similar story. It would have been about a cursed cloak that can control whoever wears it. The plot was supposed to be about politics and intrigue in a fantasy world, with the MC-cloak being worn and therefore controlling key persons of different political factions.
I had planned this for the adventum contest, but ultimately I dropped the concept because I figured I wouldn't make it to 40k words before the deadline and I wanted to focus on my current story.

EleanorVanRosaelle

The kill la kill anime is the only thing I can think of that comes close, although it's not reincarnation but simply sapient clothing. If you haven't seen that then it's worth checking out.

Kinda what I was thinking about yes ! Been a long time that I've watched it though.

Lacy

Speaking as someone who wrote a story Raiden mentioned, I don't know of any really. I've had a lot of inspirations, but none were reincarnated-as-clothing isekai. Sapient objects in general exist, but nothing wearable.

I like the cloak idea, cursed or not! I'd also throw in the option of gloves. Not one glove, two gloves. That could prove interesting. Lot of possibilites there. Do the gloves stay together? How are they connected to each other? Etc.

For complete outfits, there's a classic-sounding armour idea, suitable for fantasy which could be worn by e.g. a knight, or an evil creature like a dullahan (think Konosuba's Vanir). Or the MC could reincarnate as a business suit and focus on knowledge sharing and business growth in another world. Street magician outfit could prove interesting; the MC could introduce the idea of magic as entertainment.

Other possibilites on this topic: Do the clothes move on their own? If so, how (e.g. telekinesis magic)? Or do they need someone else to move them? Is the relationship with the wearer parasitic (e.g. they take control) or symbiotic (e.g. they help each other, either through some form of skill or knowledge sharing)? Is the reincarnated person's psyche impacted by their reincarnation into an (immobile/dependent-on-others) object?

Just thought I'd throw it all out there in case it inspires someone.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Sounds like a good thing to read when I want a nice laugh :blob_popcorn: