Roleplaying - Dungeons & Dragons

Scribbler

I will continue the game when at least 3/4 players reply. The fourth may join in but they'll have to make the same rolls when I ask of it for "everyone". And @JustHANO @Serzy @Ungrave if you aren't already please watch this thread so I don't have to @ you all the time.
3 goblins appear from the dense thickets on either side of the road where Braum and Kelden are, 2 on the left, and 1 on the right. Kelden and Zasuba are surprised by the goblins, while Braum could hear the scuttle and rustle of the goblins before they emerged from the forest.
Combat order:
  1. 19 Sabertoothed goblin; has sword and shield
  2. 17 Spotted goblin; has shortbow
  3. 15 Braum
  4. 13 Zasuba
  5. 2 Kelden
  6. 1 Malnourished goblin; has shortbow
The sabertoothed and spotted goblin are to the left. The malnourished goblin is to the right. All goblins are 30 feet away from Braum and Kelden. Zasuba stayed in the cart so he's 30 feet down the road from Braum and Kelden, and 42 feet away from the goblins.

Lastly, Kelden and Zasuba were surprised by the goblins, meaning they lose their turns in the first round of combat. That's why I had you roll perception. A round is over when every combatant has had their turn.

The sabertoothed goblin charges at Braum and swings his scimitar, dealing 5 damage
The spotted goblin aims his bow at Kelden and fires. The shot goes right into his eye, dealing 10 damage.
JustHano and Serzy subtract the damage from your hit points.

Braum, it's your turn. During a turn you have a movement and an action. Your maximum movement per turn is you characters speed; under armor class and hit points. Most turns your action will be an attack. But here is a full list of movements and actions: https://crobi.github.io/dnd5e-quickref/preview/quickref.html

When you attack you roll another d20, add your proficiency bonus and the + to hit of the weapon or spell you are using. If what you roll is equal to or higher than the targets armor class then the attack lands. And if you roll a 20 before adding anything then the attack lands no matter the armor class and you roll twice the amount of damage die to signify a critical hit. If your hit lands then you roll for damage and roll whatever the amount/type of dice the weapon or spell asks for.
If Braum landed a hit with their maul they would roll/google: 2d6+3
If Kelden landed a hit with their longsword they would roll/google: 1d8+3
If Zasuba landed a hit with their Eldritch blast they would roll/google: 1d10

JustHANO

28 - 5

23hp

I charge the malnourished goblin and maul him.

D20 is a 9

I think my proficiency is 2 plus 5 to hit.

9+2+5 = 16

Scribbler

28 - 5

23hp

D20 is a 9

9+2+5 = 16
The hit lands, roll for damage.
Oh, and your health is 12, not 28.

Scribbler

28 - 5

23hp

D20 is a 9

9+2+5 = 16
And since you left the melee range of the sabertoothed goblin, he gets an opportunity attack on you.

Hit: 13 Damage: 8

The goblin missed, so you take no damage. From now on, everyone, please roll hit and damage at the same time to save time.

JustHANO

Can you explain why it is 12 instead of 28.

Hp at 7

2d6 rolls 4 and 4

4+4+3 = 11

JustHANO

OC: when you said hit:13 does that mean his d20 was a 13 and it missed because my armor is 16¿

JustHANO

Hit points/HP/health is under armor class. You are indeed the Half-Orc Paladin, right?

Yes, that is indeed corrct.

I'm half-orc paladin sheet 3 and it says hit points 28 (hit dice 3d10{w.e that means})

JustHANO

Oh snap, to sheet 1 it is. Yay, that didnt mess up any If my previous rolls.

Scribbler

Oh snap, to sheet 1 it is
A short rest is a period of downtime, at least 1 hour long, during which a character does nothing more strenuous than eating, drinking, reading, and tending to wounds.

A character can spend one or more Hit Dice at the end of a short rest, up to the character’s maximum number of Hit Dice, which is equal to the character’s level. For each Hit Die spent in this way, the player rolls the die and adds the character’s Constitution modifier to it. The character regains Hit Points equal to the total. The player can decide to spend an additional Hit Die after each roll. A character regains some spent Hit Dice upon finishing a long rest, as explained below.

A long rest is a period of extended downtime, at least 8 hours long, during which a character sleeps or performs light activity: reading, talking, eating, or standing watch for no more than 2 hours. If the rest is interrupted by a period of strenuous activity—at least 1 hour of walking, fighting, casting Spells, or similar Adventuring activity—the characters must begin the rest again to gain any benefit from it.

At the end of a long rest, a character regains all lost Hit Points. The character also regains spent Hit Dice, up to a number of dice equal to half of the character’s total number of them (minimum of one die). For example, if a character has eight Hit Dice, he or she can regain four spent Hit Dice upon finishing a long rest.

A character can’t benefit from more than one long rest in a 24-hour period, and a character must have at least 1 hit point at the start of the rest to gain its benefits.

Ungrave

I use poison spray on the sabertooth goblin for 8 damage, spell save dc is 13 constitution saving throw.

Scribbler

The sabertoothed goblin takes another swing at Kelden but misses.
The spotted goblin fires an arrow at Zasuba. It hits and embeds itself in Zasuba's right shoulder, dealing 4 damage.

I use poison spray on the sabertooth goblin for 8 damage, spell save dc is 13 constitution saving throw.
The range of the spell is 10 feet, and you're 30 feet away from the sabertoothed goblin. You're out of range.

It's JustHANO's turn.

Ungrave

The range of the spell is 10 feet, and you're 30 feet away from the sabertoothed goblin. You're out of range.

It's JustHANO's turn.
Do I need to specify movement as well? I'm pretty sure movement is its own action and I can move up to 30 feet in a single turn.

Wait, nevermind I missed that I was surprised by this. Forgot my own name lol.

JustHANO

I rush back to Keldan side and attack the sabertoothed goblin with my hands.

D20 is 8

8+2+5 = 15

Since im pretty sure i hit.

1+2+3 = 6

Scribbler

Do I need to specify movement as well? I'm pretty sure movement is its own action and I can move up to 30 feet in a single turn.

Wait, nevermind I missed that I was surprised by this. Forgot my own name lol.
Yes, please specify movement; you could just say your character charges at him or moves so he's barely in 10 feet.
I rush back to Keldan side and attack the sabertoothed goblin with my hands.

D20 is 8

8+2+5 = 15

Since im pretty sure i hit.

1+2+3 = 6
Braum pummels the goblin with a flurry of blows. The goblin's head bobs but he still stands
OOC: Uhh, sorry, I was sleeping...

Perception 15 + 3 = 18
Irithil wakes up from sleeping in the wagon and readies herself for a fight. But immediately after another goblin comes out of the right of the road from the trees, next to the malnourished goblin's body.
Irithil isn't surprised.

New Combat order:
  1. Sabertoothed goblin; has sword and shield
  2. Spotted goblin; has shortbow
  3. Braum
  4. Zasuba
  5. Kelden
  6. New Goblin; has sword and shield
  7. Irithil
Ungrave's turn