Recommendations Romance, scifi/space stuff

RatedOverr

As title states what I am looking for must include 1) Romance (GL is preferable but M/F is fine as well) 2) scifi/space stuff. I would like it if the MC was either a part of an army, mercenary or what would preferably be the case which is kingdom building (or space empire in this case I guess). Also would be nice if the protagonist was strong, doesn't have to be isekai op mc strength but enough where they are one of the stronger people in the universe. I am a bit picky on romance so some stuff which would be necessary in terms of that are:
1) No extremely late romance
2) Harem and poly are fine however, please do let me know if this is the case - I like to know before reading
3) No sad endings for the main couple, while drama and angst are fine I do also like my wholesome couples so I don't want their entire relationship to be constant drama and I would like the love interest(s) and MC to be alive and in a happy relationship
4) I never thought I would have to add this into a romance recommendation request but based on something I was recommended to read a few days ago on a different forum I feel like I need to add this in - I want the protagonist to love the person/people they are in a relationship with and this feeling to be

Also any site is fine, no need to only recommend stuff on SH

Idk if this request is a bit to specific but I hope someone can give me something good to read, thank you in advance!

Last edited:

LilRora

Mostly formless
I remember you know Stray Cat Strut so I'm not gonna mention it, I just did though.

One story that comes to mind and that I would truly recommend is We're Not No Different, You and I, which has a poly relationship and is one of the best stories I've read. It's very sci-fi, although not in space, and has multiple main characters with one of them being a mercenary, so it fits well.

Apart from that I remember R.A.T.H., although it's slow paced and it's focus is not on romance, plus it's leaning more into magitech genre, so I'm not sure if you'll like it. You can check it out, but it's getting far from your criteria.

Last edited:

Shade01

Forty Millenniums of Cultivation​

wierd combination of cultivation world and sci-fi
one of my favorite but it has little romance
the romance in the novel falls under 3) No sad endings for the main couple, while drama and angst are fine I do also like my wholesome couples so I don't want their entire relationship to be constant drama and I would like the love interest(s) and MC to be alive and in a happy relationship
it has one of the best world buildings that I read
mc is a mercenary soldier researcher spy demolition expert ?????? okay I don't know something between

ShipCore​

not romance for now but the main character is very interesting and the world building is good
mc is the owner of a weapon company and army

It's Not Easy to Be a Man After Travelling to the Future​

It is dropped but it has more than 1000 chapters
romance in that book is quite a comedy at times and the world building is good
mc is soldier

Ravens of Eternity​

I read only part but it was very interesting and I will most likely try read it again
it has good reviews
mc is a mercenary or is at the beginning don't know later

Last edited:

RatedOverr

I remember you know Stray Cat Strut so I'm not gonna mention it, I just did though.

One story that comes to mind and that I would truly recommend is We're Not No Different, You and I, which has a poly relationship and is one of the best stories I've read. It's very sci-fi, although not in space, and has multiple main characters with one of them being a mercenary, so it fits well.

Apart from that I remember R.A.T.H., although it's slow paced and it's focus is not on romance, plus it's leaning more into magitech genre, so I'm not sure if you'll like it. You can check it out, but it's getting far from your criteria.
Magitech is fine, I quite enjoy it in fact.

Idk if I am being an idiot or something but can you give me the link to R.A.T.H since i cant find it lol. Also how slow is the romance, like has the protagonist entered a relationship yet or is it still developing?

Thank you for the recommendations, both seem very interesting

LilRora

Mostly formless
Magitech is fine, I quite enjoy it in fact.

Idk if I am being an idiot or something but can you give me the link to R.A.T.H since i cant find it lol. Also how slow is the romance, like has the protagonist entered a relationship yet or is it still developing?

Thank you for the recommendations, both seem very interesting
R. A. T. H. My bad, it's written with spacings in the middle.

I haven't read it all (I stopped at the very beginning of the second volume, so a few tens of chapters in) and it was long ago, but I'm pretty sure there was no official relationship at that point. It is tagged as girl's love in the end, plus there were quite a few hints, but I can't promise anything.

MrPopocap

I’m the Evil Lord of an Intergalactic Empire!​

The romance part isn't that much developed ( but the MC has a android waifu and is currently married) but for the rest, this is an amazing pick.

One of the best space/sci-fi novel out there, the world bulding is also great. Go read it!

Nocturnis66

As title states what I am looking for must include 1) Romance (GL is preferable but M/F is fine as well) 2) scifi/space stuff. I would like it if the MC was either a part of an army, mercenary or what would preferably be the case which is kingdom building (or space empire in this case I guess). Also would be nice if the protagonist was strong, doesn't have to be isekai op mc strength but enough where they are one of the stronger people in the universe. I am a bit picky on romance so some stuff which would be necessary in terms of that are:
1) No extremely late romance
2) Harem and poly are fine however, please do let me know if this is the case - I like to know before reading
3) No sad endings for the main couple, while drama and angst are fine I do also like my wholesome couples so I don't want their entire relationship to be constant drama and I would like the love interest(s) and MC to be alive and in a happy relationship
4) I never thought I would have to add this into a romance recommendation request but based on something I was recommended to read a few days ago on a different forum I feel like I need to add this in - I want the protagonist to love the person/people they are in a relationship with and this feeling to be

Also any site is fine, no need to only recommend stuff on SH

Idk if this request is a bit to specific but I hope someone can give me something good to read, thank you in advance!

Give my story a try!

pynkbites

Here ya go!

Giant Robot Reincarnation is my sci-fi story and features a isekai'd lesbian mecha AI falling in love with her pilot during a massive alien war. It starts out as a singular romance, but becomes poly later on.

TotallyHuman

Apart from strong mc, most human domestication guide stories have all you want... even consent. Eventually.

tessarion

While it's not the main focus (since the two characters are already a couple when the story starts) Unconquerable Sun by Kate Elliott is a fantastic bit of space opera featuring a GL romance. Laura Lam and Elizabeth May's books Seven Devils and Seven Mercies also features a sapphic romance that's very sweet (and one of them, indeed, is a former soldier!)

Lastly, Alex White's Salvagers trilogy features a GL romance between a celebrity racer and a gritty mercenary (at one point, they literally build matching suits of power armor, it's amazing). Though, I'll warn you, the last book is a little weak (for reasons totally unrelated to GL