Writing Rules about Character Maturity and Sexuality

--MON--

yeah keep it 18+ and think from the orc's perspective, to orcs humans, elves and other race are the same as orcs, elves and others are to humans. so their values are different where raping and pillaging is a norm to survive.

as for whether this kind of content will get banned, i don't know casue i haven't read the rules and regulations in SH pertaining to novels with such content. but from what i have read in the past, massacres, pillaging, rapes, and torture are accepted as a valid content and haven't been banned as long as you tag it appropriately for adults.

--MON--

Scribblehub Guidelines exist mostly for legal reasons and advertising reasons.

Both of those don't care if your orcs are mature or not by the time they're 10.

So... Yeah, if you are explicitly depicting them having sex while having less than 18 years old, your story might be against the guidelines and might be taken down.

but based on the time/duration of the orc's maturity 10 yrs old is equivalent to an adult human which in a sense is not a child.

let's say that 10 year old orc is equivalent to an 18 year old human or this case where the lifespan of an average orc is 10 years, making it a 10 year old orc equivalent to a 75 year old human (if 75 is the average lifespan of humans jn this story).

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
but based on the time/duration of the orc's maturity 10 yrs old is equivalent to an adult human which in a sense is not a child.

let's say that 10 year old orc is equivalent to an 18 year old human or this case where the lifespan of an average orc is 10 years, making it a 10 year old orc equivalent to a 75 year old human (if 75 is the average lifespan of humans jn this story).
But neither the US Law nor Ad Sense care if your 10 years old orc is equivalent to a 75 years old human.

And well, the Scribbly Content Guidelines exist primarily to adhere to US Laws and to the requirements to be elegible to work with the bigger ad networks.

So... Regardless of rather or not your 10 years old Orc is a fully developed adult or not, you're still going against the content guidelines by making a story that encourages sexual behavior between people that are not 18 years old. And often times, explicitly depicting the sexual acts can be seen as encouraging them. (At least as far as laws and ad companies care)

MrTiemos

DinoSir, thank you very much!
I went to bed, worked an early shift, and came back to this thread to see... actual answers. Nice.

@Ral I think I’m seeing your point now (after having gotten some rest and mulled over your criticisms), and now I gotta review my stance on orcs.
So how about this: the orcs are fairly good at foraging, and are adept at creating herbal remedies and poisons. This constant light exposure to said poisons has built up a strong resistance prior to the blessing.
Nowadays, they use this knowledge mostly to create poisons to coat their weaponry (mostly thrown weapons such as basic javelins made by sharpening bones), or to make sleeping or numbing powders to spread in the air prior to pillaging (yes there would be people with resistance/immunity or tools to prevent the powders from affecting the populace one way or another, but they would be rare enough that villages and most towns would be without them). There would also be the use of slaves for injuries, so they have a slightly better chance, probably.
Addressing the orc’s birth. I’ll have to change it so that orcs are a bit smaller than human infants on birth but very rapidly grow post-birth. The females being unable to birth afterwards could be attributed to the new generation of orc babies acting so violently, attempting to claw their way out during birth, which destroys the female’s reproductive system. It’s something to think on a bit more.
Lastly I really want to address the splitting up being not viable; my thoughts about splitting up being viable is based more around the side of the major races, not the orcs. Originally, the major races worked together because the orcs were a massive threat, with plenty of land to conquer being part of the incentive for them to ‘remove the obstacle’, so to speak. This meant that it was a full blown war, with all the major races sending proper armies and hiring mercenaries to annihilate the orcs. This effort was supported by the country itself. However, it changed when the orcs started to dwindle. The major races didn’t need to send proper armies, opting for mercenaries to ‘clean up’ while they keep each other in check since they believed that letting down their guard would mean that they become the next target of conquest. In other words, orcs became a minor threat, and practically forgotten by the populace as a major power. Splitting into tribes meant that they were no longer such a threat. (Details could be debated as I’m not exactly well versed in politics as a whole)

I said that because you compared the lore for your orcs to a heroine in an otome game choosing to study hard to get into the council for a capture target - implying that other capture targets don't need the council - thus, you ended up pragmatically suggesting the lore for orcs was optional.
'-'
Well, I mean, the goal that MC is striving towards IS optional (at least the one that requires him to deal with the orcs), but if he wants to accomplish that goal then he needs to deal with the orcs.
I was trying to imply that an Otome heroine doesn’t need to go for the target that is part of the student council, but if they want to romance that target then they need to become part of the student council.

But neither the US Law nor Ad Sense care if your 10 years old orc is equivalent to a 75 years old human.
Solution: make a non-sexual version of the story for SH, and put a sexual version up in Patreon (gotta actually finish making my Patreon page then). Edit: or leave it as implied within SH and have explicit chapters behind Patreon.
Also, what about the reverse logic? Elves typically mature slowly, so a 20 y/o elf would still be a child- maybe even an infant in some stories- but I can’t imagine that it would be legal- by US standards- to let them engage in sexual acts even with consent.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
or leave it as implied within SH and have explicit chapters behind Patreon.
This could actually work.
Also, what about the reverse logic? Elves typically mature slowly, so a 20 y/o elf would still be a child- maybe even an infant in some stories- but I can’t imagine that it would be legal- by US standards- to let them engage in sexual acts even with consent
Probably something that would be handled on a case by case basis in case your story was reported by someone.

I'd say it is better to eer on the safe side and not try making those experiments.

MrTiemos

DinoSir, thank you very much!
Probably something that would be handled on a case by case basis in case your story was reported by someone.

I'd say it is better to eer on the safe side and not try making those experiments.
Nothing like that would be in my story, that’s just me being the devil’s advocate.